Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Top Five Most Unattractive Qualities in a Man

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

hmm... could probably list more than 5 so mine are definitely in no order and are not my top 5
    1. Guys who don't look after themselves (health,includes all in appearance; skin, teeth, hair, BO - nothing worse than a waft of sweat from not using deodorant, being lazy, not looking after their body etc)

2. Rude guys - bad manners, rarely say please or thank you, don't return calls/texts/emails, don't listen to you when you talk, chew with mouth open/eat loudly

3. Sneaky,sly guys - i hate people who sneak around & keep things from you anyway but I just can't tolerate it in a guy, i've been f*cked around too many times & i can't stand it, find it hard to trust people otherwise. Like when you're in a relationship & a guy doesn't kind of discuss a plan they have with you that could potentially cause alot of prob in your relationship - like f€cking off to thailand for 6 weeks with very little notice

4. Attention Seeking - I don't like the type of guy who has to be the centre of attention on a night out or in a group, has to be the one to get in the slaggings about someone else or that compete against everyone elses jokes (applies for girls too actually). i'm not one for liking loud or immature guys, my ex was that person and since then i just can't stand it especially when they're just an idiot. i'm not saying i like quiet guys but just not over bearing ones, i'm not good in situations with loud people.

5. Guys who make you feel small & stupid & like you're always the bad one - that's how it was with my ex, i was always wrong, not him, when he cheated on me it was my fault usually, always argued my opinions in conversations in front of people & when we were alone making me feel very stupid (it's MY opinion!!!!) and by not noticing me and not paying attention i used to feel very small, insecure & bad about myself that my confidence was low :(

[/LIST]

Ooops, a bit of an extensive list...uh oh!! stupid boys!!:p
    hmm.. maybe they would be my top 5, ek!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Nightwish wrote: »
    1. Lad's lads

:eek::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

:eek::p

I've been exposed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 april2007

1.lack of personal hygiene
    2.stinginess
    3.bad dress sense
    4.no sense of humour
    5.arrogant/cocky/ loud mouthed

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

I think to worst has got to be men that can't handle their drink but yet gulp it down like there is going to be a drought!

then..

bad hygiene

cockiness/superior sex

basic manners(I think their are alot of men that just dont have any!)

I could go on and on ...:D

• Advertisement

undecided wrote: »
    /superior sex

I hope you don't mean that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

1. Disloyalty (I dont expect it in a friend, and despise it in a man)
    2. Vanity/Physical Arrogance (If he knows he's hot, he isn't)
    3. Sheer Unadulterated Stupidity (A man's brain is very attractive when used)
    4. A Lack of Humility, the belief that they are more important than others
    (If Mammy put him beside himself, he can stay there.)
    5. Bad teeth/smelly/too skinny/too muscle-y/skinhead hair/body fascism
    (Isn't it always the Number 2's that are like that?:rolleyes: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

dh2007 wrote: »
    to get the ball rolling

1. No sense of humour
    2. Stupidity
    3. Selfishness
    4. Bad kisser
    5. Dirty Nails, yellow teeth and red gums (they're not really qualities so I thought I'd get away with three!)

Hello...someone looking for me? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭smurfbaby

1. Know it alls, and guys who takes themselves way too seriously
    2. Insecurity
    3. No sense of humour
    4. Poor personal hygiene-ew!
    5. Stinginess, although I think this is unattractive in either sex

Actually all of mine refer to either sex, in that I wouldn't like those qualities in a friend or a boyfriend!

I don't get the replies about bad dressers, lads lads, slightly dim etc. Fair enough these might put you off a potential life partner, but surely they are not the least attractive things about men in general? Like surely it's possible to be a bad dresser but have a wicked sense of humour, or to be a bit vain but have a heart of gold? Although I suppose it's a personal thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

Spitting!!!

I hate it and theres nothing worse than seeing a nice lookin lad hacking up the contents of his throat and then disposing of it about 2 yards from where you are standin! Gross!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Spitting!!!

I hate it and theres nothing worse than seeing a nice lookin lad hacking up the contents of his throat and then disposing of it about 2 yards from where you are standin! Gross!!

EUUUUUURRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes I hate spitting!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Babette08

• Borderline Arrogance – like confidence and a little cockiness
    • Rudeness / Superiority complex – to waiting staff etc. as somebody mentioned
    • Lack of tolerance / close mindedness
    • Insecurity / possessiveness
    • Stinginess – knows the cost of everything
    • Bad dresser – can be fixed though ;)
    • Inconsiderateness / insensitivity
    • Obnoxious know it alls

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I can only go on observation, but I believe it would go something like this.
    1. Not being able to read my mind.
    2. Being able to recall most arguments seem to come in a cyclical pattern. Reminds me of a film I saw with zombies. What was that name again? Now I remember. It was 28 days later. :rolleyes:
    3. Does not know that "fine" can mean dozens of things from "If you don't know I'm not telling you", to the classic "fine".
    4. Being logical most of the time. Ooh they hate that.
    5. Watching TV / playing xbox after checking to see that no assistance was required with washing up / hoovering / etc.
    Note: Pinch of salt may be required. If Mrs MarkR subscribes today I mean this of course about all other women.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭onedmc

LadyJ wrote: »
    14. Guys who come up to you in a pub and say something along the lines of "Smile! It might never happen" or comment that you look very serious. In fact this annoys me no matter who says it. No one has a smile plastered on their face 24/7.

You can have it everyway, you want a guy that can make an effort and has some sense of humor.

But when he tries a simple non sleazy Ice-Breaker like "Simile, it may never happen" , he the worst in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

onedmc wrote: »
    You can have it everyway, you want a guy that can make an effort and has some sense of humor.

But when he tries a simple non sleazy Ice-Breaker like "Simile, it may never happen" , he the worst in the world.

Did I say the worst in the world? No.

I just said that FOR ME, that is a turn-off. I hate when anyone says it,not just men.

Also, I'm in a relationship so I'm not looking for anyone so it really doesn't apply anyway but I have to say, I don't think that comment exactly illustrates a sense of humour, an ice-breaker it may be, but more irritating than funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

i would have to say

being disrespectful,
    arrogent
    no sense of humour
    selfish
    childish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Stinginess with money
    Guys that put on an act and aren't themselves
    Farting (ahhhhh it is NEVER funny!!!!)
    Too easy going (that couldn't give a shi.te attitude-making you feel like they're not bothered if they're with you or not)
    Talking about their ex girlfriends - I don't want to know how great they were and never will, shut up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

My worst nightmare in a man:

-Unreliable/untrustworthy
    -Watches soccer and revolves his social life around it, arrggh!
    -Incompassionate
    -Selfish
    -Lazy

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

MarkR wrote: »
    I can only go on observation, but I believe it would go something like this.
    1. Not being able to read my mind.
    2. Being able to recall most arguments seem to come in a cyclical pattern. Reminds me of a film I saw with zombies. What was that name again? Now I remember. It was 28 days later. :rolleyes:
    3. Does not know that "fine" can mean dozens of things from "If you don't know I'm not telling you", to the classic "fine".
    4. Being logical most of the time. Ooh they hate that.
    5. Watching TV / playing xbox after checking to see that no assistance was required with washing up / hoovering / etc.
    Note: Pinch of salt may be required. If Mrs MarkR subscribes today I mean this of course about all other women.

Turn offs in men:

Men who are pussy whipped by their current (or previous) other half and so assume that all women are out to make their lives a misery : p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 moonstone77

snoring i cant listen to it,
    being an arse when they get drunk
    smelly feet no can do
    hairy arm pits
    hairy balls cant abide lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Talking about their ex girlfriends - I don't want to know how great they were and never will, shut up!

And, we don't want to hear repeatedly how she was a heinous hose bitch that treated you so very awfully, and that as a result you have some massive issues. Kthxby!

I like guys who have cordial relations with their exs, not on the phone everyday, but stop for a quick chat when they bump into each other, and he's happy for her when things are going well for her and vice versa.

cuckoo wrote: »
    And, we don't want to hear repeatedly how she was a heinous hose bitch that treated you so very awfully, and that as a result you have some massive issues. Kthxby!

I like guys who have cordial relations with their exs, not on the phone everyday, but stop for a quick chat when they bump into each other, and he's happy for her when things are going well for her and vice versa.
    i believe that guys who are still friendly with x would go back there so id be watchful of that too girls ???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Farting (ahhhhh it is NEVER funny!!!!)

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Lux23 wrote: »
    4. Tee Totaller
    What's so offputting about that? They can go out with you, have a laugh, then drive you home!
    i believe that guys who are still friendly with x would go back there so id be watchful of that too girls ???
    Only true if the guy is untrustworthy to begin with, and if that was the case the ex wouldn't be friendly with him either would they? People can part amicably too.

What's so offputting about that? They can go out with you, have a laugh, then drive you home!

Only true if the guy is untrustworthy to begin with, and if that was the case the ex wouldn't be friendly with him either would they? People can part amicably too.
    ya your proberly right. not all guys are bastards .. i just met one or two

• Registered Users Posts: 13,443 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

MarkR wrote: »
    [*]Being able to recall most arguments seem to come in a cyclical pattern. Reminds me of a film I saw with zombies. What was that name again? Now I remember. It was 28 days later. :rolleyes:

Will have to correct you there, they were people infected with rage, i know because I was there when it happened and i'm always right.
    Continue with your stupid little woman chat, I'm off for my yearly shower, and the back to my important job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I HATE women who think they can change a man to suit their needs, fair enough if its spitting, bad habits etc but if its clothes style, hair or anything it's going too far.

Poor manners with either sex is extremely annoying.

I could write more, but i'm lazy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Pyr0 wrote: »
    I could write more, but i'm lazy :D

Damn right you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

1. Liars
    2. Over inflated opinion of themselves(self esteem problems)
    3. Some one who constantly needs their ego boosted(this could be follow on to no. 2)
    4. Bad Hygene please bruse your teeth lads and smell a little nice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

hairy balls cant abide lol

I've been watching this thread with some amusement since it started. But the above is my favourite so far lol

Advertisement