Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Top Five Most Unattractive Qualities in a Man

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

St Bill wrote: »
    Turn offs in men:

Men who are pussy whipped by their current (or previous) other half and so assume that all women are out to make their lives a misery : p

I'm neither pussy whipped nor under the assumption that women are out to make my life miserable. These are merely observations from personal experience, friends, various comedians, and popular culture.

Too close to home?:pac::D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Lads, we really aren't interested in what you 'think' women find unattractive.

Neither are we interested in your opinions on what we find unattractive.

Any more male whinging or complaining on this thread will be removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

1. No sense of humour. Nothing worse than having to explain your jokes.
    2. Stinginess with money. Esp, those who save loads and won't go out from one week to the next. Drives me insane!!
    3. Too laid back ie. not @rsed planning anything or when you suggest something they say "ah sure we'll see" and just generally don't make an effort.
    4. Bad manners
    5. Does drugs

I don't like those characteristics in anyone though, not just blokes but they would defo be a turn off.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

MarkR wrote: »
    Too close to home?:pac::D

You tell me...you're the one being whipped. It's alright, you can vent here : )

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'm afraid my amazing sense of humour is not wanted here St Bill. Despite many pet hates here being no sense of humour? *Throws cape over shoulder* Awaaayy! *Flies off to other fora*

Odd that you can say pussy in this forum though? Wonder is it just here. Can't think of where I can use it. Might try animal and pet issues? :)

• Advertisement

Bloody hell, another one bites the dust :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I thought the old hairy back would be talked about a lot more. I might start showing mine off now, thought it was something to be hidden

Sorry to burst your bubble, Balmed Out, but I think the hairy back thing is a given

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

damn, still itll come in handy for transplanting to the top of my head one of these days.

:D

I think Oscar Wilde must've been thinking of this very situation when he said 'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars' :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

1. Chauvanistic arrogance. ie: "that dude is bad at maths, he is bad at maths. That girl is bad at maths, girls are bad at maths" If you get my drift.

2. The way they cling. Like a snot you just can't blow out.

3. The way when they get together they go off into manly (childish) banter that cannot be penetrated. I just don't get it.

4. Penis.

5. Testicles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

(Sorry to stereotype but) Skangers, especially the accent!

Show offs, know-it-alls

Lack of personal hygiene

No sense of humour

Bad manners in general

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

-no personal hygiene
    -being very sarcastic leads to no sense of humour
    -typical "lad"-the type of guys who pinch bums/grab boobs in clubs, yells at you to smile or that you havnt a chance with him
    - no imagination
    -no drive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

this is great......
    i'm actually doing quite well here - lola123 is the only person whose list I feature on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

this is great......
    i'm actually doing quite well here - lola123 is the only person whose list I feature on.

Which point on the list sweetcheeks? I might make an exception ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

1. Constantly gawping at and commenting on women

2. immaturity

3 ignorance

4 rudeness

5 big ego

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Gang of Gin

LadyJ wrote: »
    1. Guys with a loutish sense of humour.

2. Guys who think just because you don't speak like a retarded knacker that you're "real posh" and then mimick your voice.

3. Guys (and I said it on the AH thread already) who think that just because you have pale skin and are wearing the colour black (even if it's not a gothic style outfit) that you are a goth/into heavy metal/a weirdo.

4. Guys who come up to you in a pub and say something along the lines of "Smile! It might never happen" or comment that you look very serious. In fact this annoys me no matter who says it. No one has a smile plastered on their face 24/7.

5. Cockiness.

Fair enough points but I don't think there was any need for a description like 'retarded knacker' in anyone's sphere. Steady on. Quite funny all the same. But these points work the other way around too of course, in particular, for me, the fourth one, or some other inane, useless comment. I like my demeanour and that can be irritating. Just a come on really, so you shouldn't dwell on it to infuriating proportions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

I don't think there was any need for a description like 'retarded knacker' in anyone's sphere. Steady on.

Do we have a new mod? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Gang of Gin

SarahSassy wrote: »
    Do we have a new mod? :confused:

Interesting. I'm not sure if that's disparaging or not. I suppose I'll only have an honest comment or two more and the game's up. Tough audience. Can't please everyone, and why would I have it any other way. Let us continue to keep it Orwellian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

Lola123 wrote: »
    Which point on the list sweetcheeks? I might make an exception ;)

lol
    a very occasional failing on number 5.
    an exception would be nice :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

1. Takes themselves too seriously

2. Try to change any aspect of me - I'm fine as I am thanks

3. Drinks and drives

4. Mean

5. Has a problem with women taller than him.....I'm over 6ft in heels!

Advertisement