Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

CSS forms

• 12-03-2008 5:48pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Im trying to create a form online but some of the fields and the way i want to lay them out is a bit more complicated than just the standard name: textfield kind of layout. Anyone got any good tools that help with creating css forms? Ive looked at a few sites aswell but they tend to just show a very basic contact form.

I need to put multiple textboxes side by side to fill in values etc. I want to try avoid using tables if possible for the form.

I need something along the lines of

text text text text text
    [field][field][field][field][field]
    [field][field][field][field][field]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

use a div container to hold other divs with float:left; and a fixed width:150px
    the container has to have clear:both style
    <div style='clear:both;width:600px'>
    <div style='width:150px; text-align:left;float:left;'>Text</div>
    </div>
    <div style='clear:both;width:600px'>
    <div style='width:150px; text-align:left;float:left;'>input box</div>
    </div>

but I still think you are better off using table.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Thanks Louie, i think i might just use tables for it cos theres a few awkward parts in it and i have a lot of forms on the site as they are for quotations so it might be the best option in the long run.

Cheers

Advertisement