Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT/Road TAX on pre 2008 imports

Options
  • 12-03-2008 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Looking at a 520D manual (177 bhp with ED)
    Road tax €150
    VRT 16%

Do the lower rates of Tax and VRT apply to 2007/2006 cars imported in July ?
    or must the car be manufactured in 2008 to qualify?

Me thinks a 2007 model will qualify for low tax and VRT.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

i dont think so, i think the car must be first registered in 2008, but i may be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Please read stickies and million other threads :rolleyes:

low tax for 2008 onwards only for imports

it WAS originally going to be that all cars imported after July were on new system but that has changed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

Riskymove wrote: »
    Please read stickies and million other threads :rolleyes:

low tax for 2008 onwards only for imports

it WAS originally going to be that all cars imported after July were on new system but that has changed
    what about new vrt?? is that still unchanged for pre 08 models?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Would people please read the other threads about it. It's been done to death here recently on countless other threads.(It's only 08 cars that get road tax on CO2, everything else is engine size)

Advertisement