Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Xc90

Options
  • 12-03-2008 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

have been looking at used Volvo XC90's (circa 2004) Diesel is obviously the only sensible option but I know these can be still quite thirsty.

Anyone got any experience as to how hard on Diesel an Xc90 is? 2.4 litre Turbo Diesel.

If I can see the needle move after pulling off from the lights ist probably a little too thirsty!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Father in law as an 05 model (D5 engine).

We took it over to England a while back, filled up in Kilmacanogue (near Bray) and made it to beyond Stanstead Airport with no difficulty or careful driving.

Last time I was in it, I think it was doing about 8.5L per 100km.

It's a seriously comfortable car for long drives, but I have to admit on country roads or roads with lots of roundabouts it feels quite wobbly and when you're used to driving a car with sports type seats, the seat in the XC90 is a bit of slippy slidey affair!

Advertisement