Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Restore, how do i do it safely!

• 12-03-2008 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can someone tell/advise me the safe way of going about this as i know my around some/most of the pc, but you're learnin something new everyday esp here.

As i had programs+video files that resided in Program Files & were unduly deleted while uninstalling AutoGK it seemed to stall & what i didnt realise it was deleting files as the dialog box showed up close/delete changing every sec as to show its was stalling?

I tried to use a recovery app. but it wont recover to the same drive :( so i heard you could use the Win restore.

Thanks for any help in this matter.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

someone may be able to suggest an app that writes to the hard drive.

if you write to the same drive you may overwrite stuff, essentially kill or cure in that if the app don't recover stuff it will make recovery for another app difficult

borrow a usb hard drive ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

someone may be able to suggest an app that writes to the hard drive.

if you write to the same drive you may overwrite stuff, essentially kill or cure in that if the app don't recover stuff it will make recovery for another app difficult

borrow a usb hard drive ?

Thanks for your reply, i was suggested this site by someone but it says on the site pretty much what you said Restoring the files

& i dont have a mem stick/usb drive that big!

What could have caused this in the first place?

Advertisement