Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PG Wodehouse

Options
  • 12-03-2008 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭

A friend has just given me a loan of "Something Fresh", I'm about halfway through it and even though I thought I wouldn't like it at all I really am enjoying it. I think it's hilarious in parts (especially the forgetful Lord Emsworth) and I think the old fashioned style of the book just adds to its charm.

Is there any other fans out there? and would you recommend any of his other books?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I'd highly recommend all the Jeeves and Wooster books. They are hilarious. I love all of the books of his that I have read, the writing style, the slang is all wonderful.

I think there are a few others with Lord Emsworth in them or about Blandings Castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I think most of his books are great. Don't like the Muldoon character stories.

Uncle Fred Flits By is my favourite story even though its a short story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭theboytaylor

The Psmtih books are really funny too, especially Psmith in the City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Ho-Hum

I think I'll definitely get through the Jeeves and Wooster books anyway, thanks for the replies.

Advertisement