Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tiny, tiny woman in a Golf

Options
  • 12-03-2008 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

I was sitting in my car yesterday when a woman in a Golf parked in front of me. My god, was she tiny. Sitting normally her eyes barely came over the top of the steering wheel. I'd say she could barely see the side mirrors and if she looked over her shoulder to check her blind spot she couldn't have seen anything but the door. Of course, once I started looking these short-arse women seemed to be everywhere. It's a ****ing joke - they're driving around unable to see where they're going.

Penalty points for buying a car that's clearly way too big for you? Lump them under 'driving without due care and attention' - they can't know what's going on around them because they just can't see.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

The amusing part is that you won't see them when they attack you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Smallist!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

People are stupid. I have a cushion in my car as I'm not at all comfortable with the amount of road I can see in front of me if I don't. If people laugh at me they can feck off. I'm 5'2.5", so I'm well used to being slagged about being short :)

Now If only I was petite to go with it *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

microgirl wrote: »
    People are stupid. I have a cushion in my car as I'm not at all comfortable with the amount of road I can see in front of me if I don't. If people laugh at me they can feck off. I'm 5'2.5", so I'm well used to being slagged about being short :)

Now If only I was petite to go with it *sigh*

My mam is 4'11. She drives a new Yaris. She doesn't have any problem seeing over the steering wheel. So who is the tallest person in the smallest car? Smallest person in biggest car? There may or may not be prizes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

I think everyone looks small in a golf , especially the Mrk 3 and 4.

Have a look next time , theres loads of girls that look lost behind the wheel in them :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Barr wrote: »
    I think everyone looks small in a golf , especially the Mrk 3 and 4.

Have a look next time , theres loads of girls that look lost behind the wheel in them :)

Agreed, but it is more common in the MkIV & MkV.

Don't forget the soccer moms in the oversized SUV's that they need a ladder to get into.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭youtheman

javaboy wrote: »
    My mam is 4'11. She drives a new Yaris. She doesn't have any problem seeing over the steering wheel. So who is the tallest person in the smallest car? Smallest person in biggest car? There may or may not be prizes :D

I bet your father and mother could never 'see eye to eye'.

youtheman wrote: »
    I bet your father and mother could never 'see eye to eye'.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭blooeyes

I also drive the new Yaris (06) and i'm 5ft 2, but dont have a problem as the seat can be moved upwards and if you need the steering column can also be adjusted. I have also seen people who can barely see over the steering wheel and think how can they possibly drive safely!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,820 ✭✭✭✭L1011

6'5"

Drive a Fiat Panda.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

I dont know is it just me but women seem to look tiny behind the wheel of an Opel Vectra:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

To drive a golf I have to sit so close to the steering wheel to reach the pedals that I practically get the VW imprint on my tummy :D My legs are the problem though, I can see fine over the wheel. 5ft3 btw...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

i know a lad who is 33st and can steer his transit with his belly:cool:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Smallest person in biggest car? There may or may not be prizes :D

Will Shaquille O'Neal in a Prelude do??http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2245539

inforfun wrote: »
    Will Shaquille O'Neal in a Prelude do??http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2245539

Sorry no. Only 2 degrees of separation allowed. You can say your granny's next door neighbour but celebrities are out unless you really know them... in which case we won't believe you ;)

Anyone beat 6'5" in a Panda and 4'11" in a Yaris. Any really short HGV drivers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I knew a lad years ago who was about 6'6" who drove an old Fiat 500, he took out the driver's seat and sat in the back. He was stopped at a Garda checkpoint and the Garda nearly freaked. It seems there's no law that says you have to sit in the front when driving. At the time you didn't have to wear a seat belt in the back either. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

My Sister is 5ft 0" (so she claims, I reckon 4ft 11") and drives a Sorento.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

inforfun wrote: »
    CopyofIMG_1601.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Im 5ft8 so dont have any problem with seeing over the steering wheel, but in my car (mini) theres a jack on the seat that lifts you high enough that your head is nearly hitting the roof!

Yes most wimmens look LOST behind the seat of the new golf and also the vectra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I had a couple of notable teachers in this regard, 'way back then' (the '70s :rolleyes:)

On was in the region of six foot six inches or thereabouts and used to fold himself in three to fit into and drive his Mini, and the other was on the high side of 25 stone and used to severely test the suspension on the right side of her Renault 4.
    Both were hilarious to watch driving into or out of the staff carpark, which was visible from some select classrooms. Everyone (including the teacher) would stop whatever they were suppose to be doing to watch the entertainment whenever one of these motorists put in an appearance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

There is a lever in golfs that you can use that brings up the seat a good bit.. :D Any time my sister drives it she has to raise up the seat.. Dont think golfs were made for small people:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

So who is the tallest person in the smallest car? ... There may or may not be prizes :D

I think this guy would be in with a chance.
    3f18_grosser_mann_und_nelson.jpg

3f18_nelson_wird_verspottet.jpg

wet-paint wrote: »
    I think this guy would be in with a chance.

:D Was waiting for this to be posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

I'm surprised it took so long tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

It occurred to me that from behind it probably looks like there's nobody driving.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

ive seen some very old honda civics and you couldnt see the driver above the window ledge.....mind u he/she was probably about 4 ft...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

A friend of mine is 6'6", and I once saw him drive an old mini into a transport box. The fun bit was watching him get out (the same guy is skinny as a beanpole).

Saw a very small woman in a Hummer (small is very relative in that situation, though!!!)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

My mam drives a micra, she's 4 foot 9. Usually if i drive her car with her in it (I dont trust her driving she only started last year) People think i'm in there alone!

A friend is 6 foot 7, he had a volvo estate, his Gf had a seicento! He drove that sometimes, I almost pissed myself when we got stopped by the gardai one day and they asked him to get out, it took him a couple of mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

• Advertisement
Advertisement