Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Scene??"

Options
  • 12-03-2008 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Im a bi guy whos been floating around for a while. I was just wondering what peoples thoughts are about the way gay and bi people treat each other, particularly the bitchiness.

As someone who is Bi, I can say that although straight people are bitchy too, I find people on the scene to be even worse.

IMO its disgusting, even if you walk up to a person to be friendly, they tell you to f**k off or whatever and call you ugly etc.

I just want to know if people agree or disagree with this, and their reasons for doing so.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Those people sound like assholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

quiet guy wrote: »
    IMO its disgusting, even if you walk up to a person to be friendly, they tell you to f**k off or whatever and call you ugly etc.
    Thanks

Have to say no-one's ever told me to f**k off or that I was ugly on the scene (and I'm certainly no oil painting)....

..remember that the person that you are being friendly to might be feeling a little insecure... and when you feel insecure it's easy to come across as a tw*t

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

quiet guy wrote: »
    Hi,
    Im a bi guy whos been floating around for a while. I was just wondering what peoples thoughts are about the way gay and bi people treat each other, particularly the bitchiness.

As someone who is Bi, I can say that although straight people are bitchy too, I find people on the scene to be even worse.

I just want to know if people agree or disagree with this, and their reasons for doing so.

Thanks

I don’t know if im getting the wrong end of the stick here but when you say you’ve been floating around awhile do you mean that you are a mature person?
    Im in my early forties and I do remember in my younger days that if anyone over the age of thirty was on their own in a bar they were treated like lepers especially if the didn’t conform to the stereo type, “Sure aren’t they all gorgeous!”
    It’s more a statement of youth culture in the Gay/Bi scene and their consent infatuation with the Peter Pan syndrome, god love them when they get older they’ll never cope!
    As for people directly telling you to Fu** **f! Maybe you’re approaching them in the wrong way or your taste in guys needs to be seriously looked at.
    Bitches are unfortunately very much part of the scene and to be avoided at all cost, their like a fungus growing on dead wood.

I lived in London for sixteen years and initially was on the Dublin scene but never remember anyone been told to Fu** **f unless they became to persistent after a gentle rebuff. Saying that it’s been a long-time since I was on my one in a bar and maybe I don’t really know what’s happening out there in 2008.
    There are other ways of meeting like minded guys and maybe you should look in to these alternatives rather then the coal face of the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I don't believe someone would just tell you to fúck off right off the bat, thats more something one is likely to say if you keep at them when they've already made it clear they're not interested.

heh, but in saying that, sometimes they'll just give you a look of disgust alright *cough* not that I've done that :pac:

Advertisement