Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photoshop/imadeready and dreamweaver questions...

Options
  • 12-03-2008 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

hey ive to build a website for a project in college during the easter and ive started some of it but ive encountered a few problems.

Right ive an image i got off the net cut out all the selection i wanted in this case a footballer so now theres no background just the footballer. (its that chequered background)

Anyways this is what i wanted so when i save it and import it into dreamweaver for some reason a new white background is on the image which isnt what i want. All i want is the actual footballer no background at all. Is there anyway of stopping photoshop creating the white background when i save it??

2nd question is...I made a banner but i wanted to slice it so that in one area of the text is the only place you can click for the link. This works in image ready but when i import into dreamweaver again it looses the image slice? Anyway of doing this?

3rd question...Does anyone know where i can download a trial version of macromedia dreamweaver so it would last me the easter break? Ive downloaded one trial version but it doesnt seem to open??

Anyways any help would be great thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

1) Having the chequered background means it's transparent, save this file as a gif or png (not jpg) and make sure transparency is checked.

2) Save the banner as an image, bring it into dreamweaver and select the image, in the properties panel there is an image map button, it will alllow you to create a square over the image and make a link from this (it's a green button down the bottom left)

3) not too sure about your 3rd question, why wont the program open, does it give an error, or has the trial expired ? There are other dreamweaver like programs you could use too (that are cheaper or even free)

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭maco

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

cheers thanks people

Advertisement