Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Really need help selling car - please! (all similar threads go in here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

things must be gone really bad i've been trying to shift this car for ages http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Volkswagen/Passat/1.9-Tdi/1098695/ its a uk car of which there is plenty of on the site but mine is one of the few that is vrted and taxed already in that price range ,i've had 2 timewasters and about 4 Uk "companies" pretending to have people interested in my car once i pay an upfront fee,does anybody actually fall for these kind of scams?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

triple-M wrote: »
    special edition model (quoted from ad)

Looks like a standard Comfortline to me, what's special about it? Standard alloys, no leather, no Sat Nav, not even steering wheel controls or full climate control. That inaccurate description might be putting people off. It's like "first to see will buy" or "one careful owner", meaningless.

Looks like a standard Comfortline to me, what's special about it? Standard alloys, no leather, no Sat Nav, not even steering wheel controls or full climate control. That inaccurate description might be putting people off. It's like "first to see will buy" or "one careful owner", meaningless.
    theres nothing at all special about its a pretty standard comfortline,with cruise control.but because its a uk car its called SE instead of comfortline but they are pretty much the same thing afaik,except mine has got cruise control but no foglights I just say special edition because thats what the logbook says,but i'll reconfigure the ad a bit anyways incase people are being misled :)thanks for tip

I'd take out the cheap to run bit too. Just put 50MPG. Do you really want the word cheap associated with car?
    Just a thought.

One final one, mentioning the UK import thing may also prevent callers making the call. Tell them when they get there to view the car. Show them the full history to make them feel at ease. People are paranoid about UK clocked cars when it is just as likely that an Irish car could be clocked.

I'd take out the cheap to run bit too. Just put 50MPG. Do you really want the word cheap associated with car?
    Just a thought.
    not a bad point i spose consider it gone :) not used to sellin cars,any other tips keep em coming,:), i was actually thinkin about the whole uk thing,might try to get a hpi report not sure how to do it tho because i dont have the uk v5 docu anymore,should i mention that its been serviced reguarly ,have service book to prove,i was thinkin about saying offers considered because no ones goin to pay the full price anyways,but would that make me seem kinda desperate ?

• Advertisement

triple-M wrote: »
    not a bad point i spose consider it gone :) not used to sellin cars,any other tips keep em coming,:)

It doesn't look like a bad car at all & seems reasonably priced. Just saw 5 pages of 2006 Passat Diesels on Carzone. It's definitely a buyer's market!!!

It doesn't look like a bad car at all & seems reasonably priced. Just saw 5 pages of 2006 Passat Diesels on Carzone. It's definitely a buyer's market!!!
    i know and considerin that mine is one of the lower priced ones and im still not getting any interest(stoopid recession),i can only imagine what its like for people on the higher end of the price range,some people are very optimistic on carzone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

the audi a6 i have up hasn't been up long but as i said all 3 calls didn't show, http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=1205665&thankyou=1&CFID=7699257&CFTOKEN=22659000 this is the one, anything i should or shouldn't be doing?

LolaDub wrote: »
    the audi a6 i have up hasn't been up long but as i said all 3 calls didn't show, http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=1205665&thankyou=1&CFID=7699257&CFTOKEN=22659000 this is the one, anything i should or shouldn't be doing?
    the pics look a bit funny,sometimes when you hide the registration people think you may be hiding something,alot of people like to verify the registration on cartell.ie or with the guards to make sure the car is not stolen or clocked etc,i know how bad the market is at the mo im in the same boat as you and you just have to be patient unfortunately

• Subscribers Posts: 16,580 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Just a thought.

One final one, mentioning the UK import thing may also prevent callers making the call. Tell them when they get there to view the car. Show them the full history to make them feel at ease. People are paranoid about UK clocked cars when it is just as likely that an Irish car could be clocked.

I'd disagree with this, you are better having uk car in the ad. It will put people off, but better that than getting them to look at car and wasting their time and yours.

• Advertisement

Yes i know! Theres been a bit of over the phone and email interest but only 3 appointments none turned up. Was hoping to sell quickly hence the price which is a good bit lower than the average A6 and this one has very low mileage. Tip ex'd the license plate out as a friend selling a car a while back had someone copy his plate and turned into quite the mess. I've no problem in anyone asking for the plate no.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

"log books to show mileage" :confused:

I reckon reword it to say "FSH with receipts to verify mileage. HPI clear."

Assuming above is infact correct.

Is hpi to do with clocking a car? Yes have fsh plus receipts so i'll change that-cheers!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

A HPI check look at (UK reg) cars that may have outstanding finance, previous damage, insurance status (write off), stolen, mileage, etc.
    http://www.hpicheck.com/

Ah ok thanks! Its an irish car so i don't think i should put that in? Car never had finance or any damage. It was a company exec car before we got it.

Ah ok thanks! Its an irish car so i don't think i should put that in? Car never had finance or any damage. It was a company exec car before we got it.

mention that it is an Irish car in the ad. Good selling point and like on this thread people tend to assume bigger oldish cars are UK now.

Thanks guys!

What do you think about price. Average for an audi a6 2000 is 7040, this has lower mileage and wanted to sell quick hence prcied it a bit lower. If i don't sell it quick i'll prob put price up and wait it out. What do you think about price now?

waiting it out is a bad idea, it could be two years before market picks up. drop price by 200 every week until you sell it would be my advice.

Already got the new car so i'd be happy to sell it now at current price or if i was waiting it out for a while i'd put it up a bit more than the average due to low mileage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

Help needed!! I'm so frustrated at this point. Am trying to sell my Celica since May, have not had one serious call.

I've research similar years, 2001 on CBG/ADVERTS and I recon my price was ok. I was ideally looking for €14k but at this stage i dont know what to be asking for.
    Can someone have a look and give me some advise please? thanks

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=68026&cat=500

All this talk of resession really annoys me, if I wasnt trying to buy a house, I'd definitley keep hold of it or upgrade to a newer year celica :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

*Dallas wrote: »
    "Asking Price n/a" - As a buyer I probably wouldn't even bother ringing to find out how much it is....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Me neither if theres no price.

If the price is low enough it will sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

omg! I got a call from a girl in Car Buyers Guide and she told me I would be more likely to get calls if I had "POI" in the title! :confused:

Just renewed an old ad since the other disappeared.. its now at €12500

http://adverts.ie/71739

3 calls today about car, all from uk companies saying they have someone interested and for a small fee they'll advertise it!:mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

3 calls today about car, all from uk companies saying they have someone interested and for a small fee they'll advertise it!:mad:

Yeah, i got them calls as well. I asked them to break down the cost to me out of curiosity and the cost for thier 'service' rises exponentially.
    Percentages thrown in here and there, up front fee, if not sold in a week another fee is incurred blah blah blah.

Its driving me mad!! I'm wondering if the majority of people who look at carzone are scammers and these guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Of the last 8 or 10 ads I contact probably 6 or 7 were scammers. I've started using other sites now. Curiously the site is woefully slow in IE but fine in Safari.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

*Dallas wrote: »
    I've research similar years, 2001 on CBG/ADVERTS and I recon my price was ok.

if you'd looked properly you'd have seen that theres 16 2001 Celicas that are cheaper than yours. thats 16 that have to sell before yours sells.

edit: with your new price tag of €12,500 there are still 6 2001 Celicas that are cheaper than yours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

miju wrote: »
    if you'd looked properly you'd have seen that theres 16 2001 Celicas that are cheaper than yours. thats 16 that have to sell before yours sells.

edit: with your new price tag of €12,500 there are still 6 2001 Celicas that are cheaper than yours
    +1

I recently bought a 2nd hand car. I looked at 6 cars in total on carzone, CBG etc. A mix of both private and dealer.
    Ruling out any cars with crazy mileage, obvious visual defects or with no history, the highest criteria for me firstly calling and then viewing the car was price.

So with no price, I wouldn't have called you and even at 6 on carzone cheaper, I'll see those 6 cars before yours (and I bought the 5th)
    Just my 2c as a buyer, oh and I was initially looking at celicas

• Advertisement

Interest has picked up in the last few days, i've gotten about 7 emails. The only calls i've had were the 3 guys who didn't show up and the uk advertisers-about 10 calls now. Do people use email or phone more now to get info on cars?

Advertisement