Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Really need help selling car - please! (all similar threads go in here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

Thanks for the input guys, will have to seriously consider if it is worth it to me to sell at such a lower price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭ismynametoolong

I sold a 01 E200 last week with very low mileage for half yes half what i though it was worth. If you get an offer this side of Christmas i would seriously consider taking it as the price will go further south in 09

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭patrickc

i'm wondering is it better to put this in a car auction and be done with it? although herself prob wants it for another 3 weeks yet.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=78673&cat=500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

patrickc wrote: »
    i'm wondering is it better to put this in a car auction and be done with it? although herself prob wants it for another 3 weeks yet.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=78673&cat=500

You'll probably only get €600 or 700 for it in auction, then minus the fee's. Would be rid of it tho'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭patrickc

You'll probably only get €600 or 700 for it in auction, the minus the fee's. Would be rid of it tho'.

yeh will see what happens in the next 3 weeks, possibly will though do the auction thing

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

if that car went to auction the industry buyers there more than likely wouldn't fork out more than €300 - €400 IMHO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Pronan2005

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

VRT a bit of a sting in the tail on that one, nearly 70% of the price

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Pronan2005 wrote: »

much better chance of selling it if it was vrt'd.

copacetic wrote: »
    much better chance of selling it if it was vrt'd.

+1
    and your price is too high for a high miler like it.
    nice seats tho:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭pf85

Trying to sell my 320D- any advice?

Thanks

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/707839.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭bonham23

The photos looked photoshopped?

Potential buyers like to see the car 'warts and all'

Regardless of their being not enough pics of the car on tha ad, its just another 320D for sale at a bad time i'm afraid - and its over priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭pf85

Regardless of their being not enough pics of the car on tha ad, its just another 320D for sale at a bad time i'm afraid - and its over priced.

Overpriced?? For this model with the extras it has and full genuine service I think thats its very keenly priced..

The photos do look a bit photoshoped- I took them with my Nikon D70 and thats how they came out when I transfered them to my computer. Would you suggest taking new fotos with a different camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭bonham23

ah ok.
    Take photos of the front of the car head on,the drivers side,passenger side,back of the car,drivers side from the footwell up(people like to see the condition of the floor,pedals etc),the back seats,and the dash taken from the back seat.
    also take the exterior photos on a bright day in a nice location like a park or something.

pf85 wrote: »
    Overpriced?? For this model with the extras it has and full genuine service I think thats its very keenly priced..

It is overpriced cos there's VRT to be paid on import here to the Republic and when the sterling conversion is done, VRT is paid and other costs in travelling etc, your car represents little more value than a 320D here in the republic. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 fluffyclouds

Hi, sorry if I am posting in the wrong thread (new here). I'm just wondering if anyone could please advise me on how much I should sell my Hyundai Tuscon jeep for, privately. It is a 2005 petrol with just under 55,000 Km, leather interior, sunroof, taxed until 2009. It has also just been serviced. Any advice on a realistic price would be great. Thanks.

I took this jeep to the Merlin Motor Group recently and without looking at the jeep or asking how many miles was on the jeep. I was told they would take it for 5-6000K. Am I being unreasonible thinking that is ridiculous, considering the average price dealers are advertising this type of jeep on all the usual car website.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I took this jeep to the Merlin Motor Group recently and without looking at the jeep or asking how many miles was on the jeep. I was told they would take it for 5-6000K. Am I being unreasonible thinking that is ridiculous, considering the average price dealers are advertising this type of jeep on all the usual car website.

You are not being unreasonable by thinking that that is ridiculous. However, this is a very common trend at the minute. To translate what the dealers said to you would go something like, " We really don't want to take your vehicle in for trade at the moment, but if you are desperate to get <insert car you want, that they have>, we will gladly offer you peanuts for your machine as we foresee difficulty in selling it on in the immediate future".

Sadly this is reality, and is happening all over the coutry.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jaykayphd

Hi all,

What would your opinion be on the merits of getting a scrape repaired before trying to sell my car privately.

The car is black and there is a single white line scrape (maybe 6-8 incles loing) over one of the rear wheel arches.

Would it be best to pay to have it repaired or see if a buyer would be interested as is if the price was right?

If I left the scrape on the car, should I include it in a photo?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ice9

Hi,

I'm selling a 98 irish honda prelude. I'm interested to know what I can expect to get for this car.

It is NCT 01/2010. It has D2 coilovers fitted worth E1000.
    It's got 83K miles on the clock. It has a R/C Radio/Cassette + 6 CD changer. IT has full leather interior.
    The rest I guess is standard for any prelude.

Anyone know what I can expect to get for this?

thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

more details on car age , make & model etc would be required

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

cmore wrote: »

The reason you can't sell your van is that there are no people buying vans anymore because there are no builders/handymen anymore and the couple that might buy can't get finance. A few van dealers down my way have shut up shop as a result. If you think it's bad now wait until January/February:(.

ice9 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm selling a 98 irish honda prelude. I'm interested to know what I can expect to get for this car.

It is NCT 01/2010. It has D2 coilovers fitted worth E1000.
    It's got 83K miles on the clock. It has a R/C Radio/Cassette + 6 CD changer. IT has full leather interior.
    The rest I guess is standard for any prelude.

Anyone know what I can expect to get for this?

thanks.

1200 euros.

jaykayphd wrote: »
    Hi all,

What would your opinion be on the merits of getting a scrape repaired before trying to sell my car privately.

The car is black and there is a single white line scrape (maybe 6-8 incles loing) over one of the rear wheel arches.

Would it be best to pay to have it repaired or see if a buyer would be interested as is if the price was right?

If I left the scrape on the car, should I include it in a photo?

Thanks
    Touch it up with a brush and leave a few days road dirt build up on it, won't be too noticeable then.

Your doing well there tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jaykayphd

miju wrote: »
    more details on car age , make & model etc would be required

Thanks for responding Miju.

Its a 2004 Ford Fiesta Ghia 1.4. 24,000 miles on the clock. Getting NCTed early December.

It has the usual Ghia spec, a/c, alloys and cd player.

Would you agree with the other advice of trying to touch it up myself?

jaykayphd wrote: »
    Thanks for responding Miju.

Its a 2004 Ford Fiesta Ghia 1.4. 24,000 miles on the clock. Getting NCTed early December.

It has the usual Ghia spec, a/c, alloys and cd player.

Would you agree with the other advice of trying to touch it up myself?

Your car will make around 5500 euros if it as clean as you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ice9

junkyard wrote: »
    1200 euros.

i hope you're joking. :confused:
    I've had a look on carzone and the cheapest prelude is 3500 and he's looking for a quick sale.

Please expand on your opinion so I can appreciate your point of view.

thanks.

• Advertisement

ice9 wrote: »
    i hope you're joking. :confused:
    I've had a look on carzone and the cheapest prelude is 3500 and he's looking for a quick sale.

Please expand on your opinion so I can appreciate your point of view.

thanks.

I'm not joking, that car has an extremely limited market as most coupes of that age have, combine this factor and a high tax and insurance equals 1200 in my book and frankly I wouldn't really want in in my car lot as the grass would grow around it, especially in the currant climate, sorry. It always amazes me that some people around here will point fingers at dealers for robbing them and when they're selling they seem to think their cars are goldplated. I'n not hving a go at you by the way ice9.

Advertisement