Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Really need help selling car - please! (all similar threads go in here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

junkyard wrote: »
    I'm not joking, that car has an extremely limited market as most coupes of that age have, combine this factor and a high tax and insurance equals 1200 in my book and frankly I wouldn't really want in in my car lot as the grass would grow around it, especially in the currant climate, sorry. It always amazes me that some people around here will point fingers at dealers for robbing them and when they're selling they seem to think their cars are goldplated. I'n not hving a go at you by the way ice9.

+1 -Junkyards not wrong I'm sorry to say:(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Ice9 no word of a lie, i'll give you 1200 if you are going to sell it for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

http://adverts.ie/82161

Am I looking for too much here?
    I've just switched jobs where I'll be getting a company car, but have a loan on the above that I'd like to get off my books!

Is there ANY hope for me selling this car?
    There is nowt wrong with it at all. Its in great nick. I love her. It has served me well and is a lovely comfy car.....but.....I suppose, it is a Laguna.

MikeySligo wrote: »
    http://adverts.ie/82161

Am I looking for too much here?
    I've just switched jobs where I'll be getting a company car, but have a loan on the above that I'd like to get off my books!

Is there ANY hope for me selling this car?
    There is nowt wrong with it at all. Its in great nick. I love her. It has served me well and is a lovely comfy car.....but.....I suppose, it is a Laguna.

€1500.

€1500.

lol sold!....but seriously?
    Am i too high, too low????
    Anyone with a bit of experience know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

03 lagunas are making late 2's in the auction

So.....what should I be looking for?

biggus wrote: »
    03 lagunas are making late 2's in the auction

That's what i was thinking. Small bit upwards. It's worth far from five. Well, not that it's not worth that, just no one will pay that for it.

So.....what should I be looking for?

3K?

Should I slap €3500 on it so?
    I was hoping for €4500 when asking €5200, but happy enough to get rid.

• Advertisement

3K?
    :rolleyes::D ffs :(

:rolleyes::D ffs :(

The funny thing being? Lol, the market if ****ed, and especially for a 5 year old petrol Laguna. Ask what you want, it'll make a nice home for chickens.

lol sold!....

ok, so pm me details to arrange payment/collection etc.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭mcloughl

Hi,

This is not an advert!

I need to sell my 04 Accord and get something with 7 seats. Link to CBG ad here

http://www.cbg.ie/Car_Detail.aspx?ID=1795592

Have gone down the trade in route but silly quotes require a private sale.

I had this car up for 17k in January! Even had some bites but the way things have gone requires the drop.

Comments on pictures etc would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Don't see anything wrong with it TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭alias no.9

The first pic doesn't show the full car because you're too close and don't have enough room to get back further, it has lots of light on the bonnet and roof but the side of the car in shadow. The third pic, the whole side of the car you're trying to show off is in shadow. Get the car out onto the road outside the house, take the pictures from the side the sun is shining on and don't be afraid to turn the car around to get a picture of the other side in good light.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

mcloughl, I would have bought that car if it wasn't for the better exchange rate and the fact that they are so much cheaper in the UK. I know a 2.2 ltr Dec 05 Accord Execute with 17" alloys, full leather, fhsh etc that can be landed for approx 10k (higher mileage though). To be fair, your price is not as bad as a Honda dealer I know trying to shift an 04 2.2 d Accord for 20k.

PS: If you are flexible on price, drop me a pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭mcloughl

yeah, UK imports are attractive now particularly diesels with low emissions.

Dealers have some cars (like mine) on forecourts for a year almost with stupid prices....suppose they can only drop so much if they were locked into paying 17k for it

Who in their right mind is going to buy a 04 accord for 20k?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

http://adverts.ie/82596

I know the NI plates will put people off. I haven't put it on cbg/carzone yet as I've heard varying things about their usefulness (and I'd need to give up work to deal with all the spam emails!). I need to offload it quickly as I've already got the replacement. It's a fairly unspectacular car but it runs well and it's in good condition.

Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

More pictures for a start even though the two that are there aren't bad. Maybe a nicer background to really show off the car. The price may be a little steep though too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

EPM wrote: »
    More pictures for a start even though the two that are there aren't bad. Maybe a nicer background to really show off the car. The price may be a little steep though too

Yeah I'm movable on price but people will always want to haggle so if I go in low they'll feel they're not getting a good deal unless I go lower again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭bustershark

Hi,
    Any help on this would be greatly aprreciated.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/3-Series/Ti-Compa/200849191077628/advert

Looks too dear to me
    can buy a 3series saloon for that now and they always made a lot more in the good old days

I don't think blocking reg out helps buyers confidence

Why do this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

always block the reg out, too many di**Heads with mates in tax offices etc that can check someones address and decide to come back at later date and stroke car. believe it or not does happen!!

Fair enough if it was an M3.

My point is all the Scammers do this and i know your not one because they would be asking 4k

but it puts people off. they can't check on cartell for instance to see how much finance is owed on it.

So your saying its easier to find a car to steal by going on the internet getting a reg, ringing your mate in the tax office , finding the address, travelling to that address to do what ? break into the house to steal the keys ? Why not just look in the garden and find an M3 rs4 etc

I can't follow your logic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 jason31

i need some help with what price to sell my car at!

its a 97 civic, 68000 on the clock, 1 owner, i bought it and it was a 1.4 basic model at the time!! i added alloy wheels, electric windows and car alarm, theres 4 new tyres on it and NCT'd to November 2010. It doesnt have airbags or central locking. It has a few parking knocks but all small and not noticable unless you go looking.

i know cars not selling and i dont know what to pitch it at, i was thinking around 2,500!!

any advice greatly appreciated

cheers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Not bring smart but 2500 for a nearly 12 year old is a bit high.I would imagine 2000 would be the max gotten for it.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,580 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

it'd be a miracle if someone paid €2k for that tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 jason31

copacetic wrote: »
    it'd be a miracle if someone paid €2k for that tbh.
    jonny24ie wrote: »
    Not bring smart but 2500 for a nearly 12 year old is a bit high.I would imagine 2000 would be the max gotten for it.

ok cool tks guys , maybe more like 2000 and take 1500!!im totally open to price just want to be realistic

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,580 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

jason31 wrote: »
    ok cool tks guys , maybe more like 2000 and take 1500!!im totally open to price just want to be realistic

I think your best bet would be to look for 1500 and be willing to take a bit less. I've seen 01 and 02 cars going for 2.5 to 3k in places, yours is 5 years older so it's a matter of finding someone who likes the look of it and isn't overly familiar with what else is out there.

Advertisement