Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Really need help selling car - please! (all similar threads go in here)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

philidub, my compliments !

After being told yesterday that we don't do sales here and having the link to your ad deleted, you sniffed out the one thread where we broke that principle :D

If you're that clever when it comes to actually selling your car, you should have no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,109 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

You state the car is taxed til July, and you state the car is taxed til September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭philidub

Yeah I know its hard out there, but never imagined it would be this bad:(

*I'll adjust tax, it was till July but I just renewed till Sept on Sunday

Also..

I think its going to be going up in VRT(from another thread, need to confirm). You think it will help putting some figures etc on ad?

Thx

Phil

Also,

What are ppls thoughts on autotrader?

I have been using carzone because i thought it was the best?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

if your car is not selling drop the price until is does, it's quite simple really.

FYI there are plenty of same year , same make / model ,& similiar mileage cars for cheaper that your one

Eh no, its not that simple really, and I've dropped it as far as I can afford and its very cheap so shouldnt have to drop it anymore anyway.

I Searched Focus Ford Hatchback 2006 and there are only two cheaper than mine!(carzone) (Mine is a Zetec, not LX model)

One has 14,000 more miles than mine and no bluetooth and is 5dr so not really the same.

And the other has 8000 more miles, but similar enough.

So your comment below is just nonsense.

FYI there are plenty of same year , same make / model ,& similiar mileage cars for cheaper that your one

Both have been added/price changed recently because I check every day and mine has been the cheapest(carzone)

Now thats not really comparable, most are either diesel, lx models or saloon models so not really a good comparison. I'm all for being appreciatative but if i could get some advice bar drop the price would be great! p.s two calls i have got about the car, both asked why so cheap!

Well, in the current (dead) market there are only two things you can do:
    - either give it away if you have to
    - or wait if you can afford to

Not much of a choice, but that's the way it is at the moment.

• Advertisement

Yeah thought so :(
    Was clutching at straws hoping I was missing something.

Any point putting on autotrader?
    I dont particularly like the site but suppose that doesnt mean prospect buyers dont like it too!

worth a try anyway ..how about your local paper?

Yeah, I avoided putting in paper or magizines because i thought most ppl would use carzone or something similar, because I would, but might be worth looking into.

I have it plastered all over net already so suppose its just a waiting game:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

Anyone got constructive feedback to help sell my car?

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Hyundai/Coupe/1.6-FX/1089973/

If you know any hairdressers who might be interested then please let me know!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

At the moment you have to be the cheapest car in your extended area to sell at all. The car seems nice but there are other nice cars in carzone for less money. Best of luck with it though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Yes, you need to drop the price.

This one:
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Hyundai/Coupe/1.6-FX/1077751/

is from a dealer and would probably make around €8500 cash. People are prepared to pay more when buying from a dealer, so you should be looking to advertise yours at a touch under €9k, and be prepared to take less for a sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

If you want to have a chance of selling it you will have to drop the price, you can get same year with similar mileage for between €1500 - €2000 cheaper. It's a bad time to sell a car so if you do drop the price be prepared to let it go for a few hundred less of your asking price.

threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

Hi Guys,

Ok, need to get rid of this car in a hurry. I paid 27,900 for it about 2 months ago from Fostor Motors who now won't even give me a price on taking it back.

At this stage I would consider anything over 20k for it so it could be a great bargain for someone.

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Volkswagen/Passat/2.0-FSI/1025057/

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Robertr wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Ok, need to get rid of this car in a hurry. I paid 27,900 for it about 2 months ago from Fostor Motors who now won't even give me a price on taking it back.

At this stage I would consider anything over 20k for it so it could be a great bargain for someone.

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Volkswagen/Passat/2.0-FSI/1025057/

Cheers!

Mate you willing to take a huge hit on the money paid for it only 2 months ago? Why do you need to offload it so fast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Try putting up some good photos for a start, a lot of people just skim over ads with no pics. Good luck with the sale.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Anan1 wrote: »
    Try putting up some good photos for a start, a lot of people just skim over ads with no pics. Good luck with the sale.

+1 I was about to say the same thing. Photos in an ad are VERY important in my book.

Two things that cause me to instantly ignore an ad and thats seeing POA or No Photo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,271 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A 2.0 litre FSi petrol Passat could pose difficult enough to shift in an already tough second hand market. They are pretty rare over here. Most people generally only want the weedy 1.6 petrol or TDi versions of the Passat.

As others have said without good quality photos in your advert you have little or no chance of interesting a potential buyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 frosty66

Im in same boat have a skoda desperately need to sell it as goin 2 travel very soon, its in excellent condition, cant seem 2 give it away.. what shud i do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭positron

frosty66, do you have it on carzone, cbg, adverts.ie etc? If you do, can you post a link here please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭nw1dqsv7amx026

Hi Guys,

Any opinions on the following add:-

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Volkswagen/Golf/1.6-S/1007261/

Only one call in 6 weeks and I have steadily reduced the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

There are 298 '02 Golfs for sale on Carzone, of which you're number 235 (60 '02 Golfs cheaper than yours)
    I can buy this car http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Volkswagen/Golf/1.4-COMFORTLINE/1057959/ from a dealer for a grand less - better colour, dealer backup, Irish car, higher mileage than yours but still very reasonable, NCT for an extra 2 years.

Some points to consider

-A 1.6 is worth the same as a 1.4 second hand, you can't charge a premium for it.
    -Green is harder to sell as a lot of people are superstitious about it.
    -The car is (or seems to be) a UK import, you need to mention that in your ad as well as mentioning the number of owners in the UK - is this legitimately a 2 owner car?
    -Seems to be the equivelant of Comfortline spec, maybe call it a "1.6 S (Comfortline)"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭rigal

Lads,

I am trying to sell my 2004 RX8 and it's been on the market for a while now with very little interest. I am getting it NCT'd tonight so hopefully I'll be updating the ad tomorrow to say it's passed!

See link below:

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Mazda/RX-8/04D231-BHP/990643/

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers,

R

Thanks AudiChris.
    Will do as you suggested.

What about the price, any suggestions?

• Advertisement

Thanks Audi Chris.