Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Really need help selling car - please! (all similar threads go in here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Toots85 wrote: »
    Cool, I was gonna stick it up on buyandsell, carsireland.ie, and maybe the herald. I was gonna give carzone a miss since they've started charging so much for ads. :mad: I'll link the ad when I've got pics (hopefully saturday) so ye can see what ye think!

If you put carzone into perspective, you would be paying just under 10% of the selling price of the car on advertising. Lol, that's just a bit too much. I guarantee you, put that car in as many free add places you can and it'll be snapped up. www.donedeal.ie could be worth a try. €3 euro charged onto your phone bill.(You ring them and enter your activation code).

www.adverts.ie
    www.buyandsell.ie
    etc. etc.

esel wrote: »
    You can only do an advance NCT within the three months prior to expiry.

It'll be the cars first NCT (05), so you can do it 6 months in advance. 3 months in advance for any NCT after that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Can someone help me out with a price.

The missus is going to be selling her 08 1.6 Coupe, has no idea how much she should be asking for though. She paid €28k this time last year, i was talking to a lad i know who said if she was offered €15k for it she should bite their hand off. Thats way too much of a hit to take in just a year though. How much should she expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Melion wrote: »
    Can someone help me out with a price.

The missus is going to be selling her 08 1.6 Coupe, has no idea how much she should be asking for though. She paid €28k this time last year, i was talking to a lad i know who said if she was offered €15k for it she should bite their hand off. Thats way too much of a hit to take in just a year though. How much should she expect?

20-21 is a reasonable price. 19 if you want to shift it soon i'd say

I'm afraid at best your not going to get much more than that. I'm presuming that is the facelifted Coupe, which didn't sell too well in the first place. The fact the car is only a year old, dealers won't be interested unless it's at the right price. If funds allow, keep if for another year and hope things calm down a bit. It's not a good time to be selling cars, especially 08 cars.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Hyundai/Coupe/1.6-FX/200851191254357/advert

Same as yours, private sale. If your trading it in, take into account the way the market is, and what the car is.

EDIT: Is 15k a trade in offer, or are ye selling privately?

• Advertisement

We'll be selling private.

Its nothing to do with funds or anything monetary. The only reason she is selling it is in my sig below :D

Melion wrote: »
    We'll be selling private.

Its nothing to do with funds or anything monetary. The only reason she is selling it is in my sig below :D

Lol, congratulations:D

Well, you can see what you have to compete with. Throw it in at €19,950 to take what you can get. Keep an eye on the cars, if you want a quick sale it will need to be the cheapest. Make sure to have good pictures and as much details as you can. And of course, the reason why your selling the car:D (Ie. to say your not selling it because it's a piece of ****).

And good luck with the newcomer and sale :D

Cheers, keep an eye on all Limerick notice boards. It will be everywhere :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭billyhead

Folks,

I got the Micra I was selling sold for €1300 cash. I am happy enough with that. Itw as just gathering dust outside the house

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.ph...=85522&cat=500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 pgroarke

Just how bad is the 2nd hand motor market at the moment.
    I've heard rumours its bad, but surely its not as bad as the housing market - there is some activity ?

Anyway am interested in a quick sale of a 97 starlet (nct-d, taxed end 09).
    I've stuck in a price way below what others were looking for on the website concerned, but I have a sneaking suspicion the prices on the website are unrealistic. (cbg.ie)
    Is there even any point trying to sell it at the moment ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Starlets are great little sellers, especially for someone looking for a first car. My girlfriend had one as her first car, and my Mother had one for 17 years. They're pretty much bulletproof.

Based on what the current market value is, it would be no harm to put up some posters in Polish supermarkets, and your own local Tesco/Supervalue, etc. Your car will appeal to someone looking for a reliable runaround for a relatively small financial outlay.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭Esel

billyhead wrote: »
    Folks,

I got the Micra I was selling sold for €1300 cash. I am happy enough with that. Itw as just gathering dust outside the house

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.ph...=85522&cat=500
    Your link does not work for me. Hope this one does.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭kazul

@pgroarke
    Just had a look at your car on cbg.ie presuming it's the one for €1500...
    Compared with others on the market, using carzone as a yardstick, in it's current condition I reckon you'd be lucky to get a grand for it. Just my 2c

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Toyota/Starlet/200902191445196/advert

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Need help selling this one, have it on adverts now, going to take better pics and put it on carzone etc on the weekend.

Any advice for me?

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=90338&cat=2

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    Need help selling this one, have it on adverts now, going to take better pics and put it on carzone etc on the weekend.

Any advice for me?

* Good quality pics (largish) taken in sunlight after the car was washed
    * Spellcheck your advert
    * you cover everything in the advert but it still looks sparse
    * it has relatively new tyres - what brand/size?
    * the oil service details put me off - don't mention 'all that was done' as this suggests that you skimped on the service

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

Any advice for me?

I'd get rid of the seat covers too, they make the interior look nasty and I got the impression that the seats are grubby underneath. If the seats are dirty then clean them.

Any advice for me?

I posted this a month or so back. Could be of help to you.

things that would improve your add are better pictures. Personally i would go with a plane background, your not selling the tree's and the scenery. So get the car at a nice angle, and clean. Get the full 9 photo's your allowed. Put the car at an angle to a wall if you can find one.

Get 3 pics of the outside.
    1.The front
    2.Front quarter showing most of the front and side
    3.The back.
    4.Get a shot with the boot open.
    5.A shot from the passenger side in across the interior, with the seats as far back as they will go. Make sure it's clean.
    6. Put the seats into the forwards reclined postion, and get a pic of the back seats.
    7.Sit into the back, reclined the drivers seat back a bit, and get a picture straight onto the steering wheels, as what you would see if you were driving. (Resting the camera on the headrest works well for this.)
    8.Get a direct shot of one of the wheels, the cleanest perhaps.
    9.Be imaginative with this, get a nice shot of one of the badges or something, make sure it's clean. On that note make sure everything you take if spotlessly clean.

For the add details. Cars can pass NCT's, and run out again after 5 or 6 months if the nct is back dated. When does the nct actually run out? When was it last serviced? Have you included all it's features? Has it cruise control etc. etc. Try pump as much in as you can, make use of the space your given. If you have a bit of space let throw in the mileage the service's were at.

It'll make it look like you look after your car. If there is anything small that isn't working, get it working. Make sure who ever come's to view has nothing bad too say, be honest if someone rings you. If there's a major dent that isn't in the pic, and they ask you are there any, tell them. It'll save both of ye wasting time.

Also try other ways of advertising free if you already haven't.(Buyandsell.ie, adverts.ie etc. etc.)

Price seams reasonable enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭fergm

hi, i'm trying to sell a car
    KIa Rio Estate 1.3 litre petrol 2003 for €4,000
    i've found carzone to be a complete and utter waste of time, all i have received is a lot ...... lot of spam and messages from people trying to buy the car from timbuckto and the likes.
    what i'm really wondering is has anyone actualy managed to sell their car via carzone or any of the other similar site?
    would really appreciate some feedback, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭cullenswood

fergm wrote: »
    hi, i'm trying to sell a car
    KIa Rio Estate 1.3 litre petrol 2003 for €4,000
    i've found carzone to be a complete and utter waste of time, all i have received is a lot ...... lot of spam and messages from people trying to buy the car from timbuckto and the likes.
    what i'm really wondering is has anyone actualy managed to sell their car via carzone or any of the other similar site?
    would really appreciate some feedback, thanks.

There are not too many buyers out there at the moment. I have however sold two cars on it, you basically have to put your car up as the cheapest of its model on the site in order to get a sale though!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kqcregg

Hi fergm, Had a similar experience last October. Sold my Zafira thru' Buy n Sell. New format allows you to upload a few pics with your ad online and the usual written ad in the printed edition. Still took a few weeks though! Best of luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Trying to sell my wife's old car......
    Not in a rush to sell it but it would be nice to get rid of it sooner rather then later. Here's the ad, anything missing? Any changes you'd make to it?

2006 Seat Ibiza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

for a start its too expensive. A three year old car that would have been what, 16k new, is not worth 10k despite the low mileage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

yep, too expensive. sure there is ones there with most likely one year guarantees and less mileage selling for less.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭fergm

kqcregg wrote: »
    Hi fergm, Had a similar experience last October. Sold my Zafira thru' Buy n Sell. New format allows you to upload a few pics with your ad online and the usual written ad in the printed edition. Still took a few weeks though! Best of luck with it.
    hi, thanks for that. i'll give the buy and sell a lash so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

EPM wrote: »
    for a start its too expensive. A three year old car that would have been what, 16k new, is not worth 10k despite the low mileage.

Ok thanks, what would you have it up for?
    Should I put in that it wasn't reg'd until aug'06?
    I'm intending on nct'ing it early if I still have it (you can do it 6 months early and the still give the full 2 years from when it's actually due)
    Táck wrote: »
    yep, too expensive. sure there is ones there with most likely one year guarantees and less mileage selling for less.

I haven't seen any that are newer with lower mileage?
    Definitely not the 1.4 sport.....about to be proven wrong in 10..9..8.. ;)
    I do realise that the dealer prices are off though and you could get a good amount off their prices.
    Thanks for the reply, what would you have it up for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=82949

Just dropped the price a good bit of my Saab, is it a reasonable price? Cheapest online, but that isn't going to make a huge difference..
    Reckon anybody will pay it? :-( Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

cianclarke wrote: »
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=82949

Just dropped the price a good bit of my Saab, is it a reasonable price? Cheapest online, but that isn't going to make a huge difference..
    Reckon anybody will pay it? :-( Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks

nice pics, nice colour, I rem 10 years ago on ranelagh rd they were selling saab convertibles for 50000 pounds!! Put it on dondeal and car buyers as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

50k pounds? Wow, was there a dealer on Ranelagh Road?

What's donegal?
    Car buyers as in CBG? I'm putting it up on carzone shortly, think that covers CBG and a few others
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

Yea nearly all the way up ranelagh rd on right saab main dealer, www.donedeal.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not a good time of the year to be selling a drop top I'm afraid.

Advertisement