Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Really need help selling car - please! (all similar threads go in here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

I put it on www.carswap.ie and www.gumtree.ie so far. Have to add photos which I will do tomorrow. Here's the add.

04 Avensis for sale. Strata model includes alloys, spots and air conditioning extra. NCT until 01/2010. Very clean car. Remote central locking, electric windows and mirrors, multi function steering wheel. Full service history, just serviced and always well looked after. Price reduced to sell as I have bought another car privately, so need to sell fast. €7800 or make an offer. No reasonable offer refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

You're going to have to put it on more than gumtree and carswap (a new one to me!)
    Going to have to hand over €30 to Carzone.ie for a good chance (not that it's done me any good), also try carsireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

i went on carzone to sell my volvo s60...got loads of views but not one phonecall and i'd say i wasnt overpriced either...just no one buying..had to trade it in against a diesel golf...lost me b****x on it

Are carzone gone up to €40 now? the offer was too good on the Passat to turn down. 06 Comfortline, 18k miles for €10500. pressure on now to sell other one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,347 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Sell it for 4 - 5k as Audichris said and you will still be going up 2 years and a better car (runs away to hide) for about 6k which is not bad. The only winners in current car market are people with no trade ins so in your situation you cannot expect to get the new car for a song and then get top dollar for the old toyota.
    (Note: Be careful opening avensis boot after using the passat for a while as you will nearly take it off the hinges, very light) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

cianclarke wrote: »
    You're going to have to put it on more than gumtree and carswap (a new one to me!)
    Going to have to hand over €30 to Carzone.ie for a good chance (not that it's done me any good), also try carsireland.com

What ever happened to the good old buy and sell? Sure single adds are free.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,436 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Any tips on getting this one moving lads? It's been up on carzone a few days now and not a sausage of interest so far!

I think it's well priced, and its a relatively rare engine/spec combo (I know "rare" and "Focus" are not often in the same sentence!!)

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=1358153

No one mentioned the buy and sell? Put it in that for 6500 and it will probably sell.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

slookie wrote: »
    I put it in the buy and sell for 8k and got no phone call! ]

Eh...the OP mentioned Buy & Sell from the off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭tinofapples

A main dealer in Galway had an ad in the local free sheet (Galway Advertiser) a few weeks ago looking to buy in 03-06 cars due to a "shortage of stock" within that yr and value. I called outta curiosity, quoted me a figure i wouldn't dream of doing business at. IMO they were trying to take advantage of the situation with many people looking to sell their cars by offereing them fcuk all for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

A main dealer in Galway had an ad in the local free sheet (Galway Advertiser) a few weeks ago looking to buy in 03-06 cars due to a "shortage of stock" within that yr and value. I called outta curiosity, quoted me a figure i wouldn't dream of doing business at. IMO they were trying to take advantage of the situation with many people looking to sell their cars by offereing them fcuk all for them

Yes, but there's a phenomenal difference between a garage buying a car from you, and a garage selling you a new car and trading yours in.

mickdw wrote: »
    Sell it for 4 - 5k as Audichris said and you will still be going up 2 years and a better car (runs away to hide) for about 6k which is not bad. The only winners in current car market are people with no trade ins so in your situation you cannot expect to get the new car for a song and then get top dollar for the old toyota.

I cant afford to sell at price that low...jaysus I payed 15k for it 2 years ago! Only have €4k cash with my own so couldn't afford other car then.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Alan1988

Think a garage is your best option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Hi Joe,

Tweeek the price sub 10k, like 9950 - then you have a real bargain to offer, but don't panic as you say its up on carzone a few days.......there's cars on carzone months and not 1 call!

Eh...the OP mentioned Buy & Sell from the off!

Ohh
    \goes quite red.

Em thought it was em em. I dunno what i was thinking at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Any tips on getting this one moving lads? It's been up on carzone a few days now and not a sausage of interest so far!

I think it's well priced, and its a relatively rare engine/spec combo (I know "rare" and "Focus" are not often in the same sentence!!)

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=1358153

As far as a Focus goes over here, that's cheap and high spec'd.
    I'm afraid you can do no more, good luck with the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,436 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Hi Joe,

Tweeek the price sub 10k, like 9950 - then you have a real bargain to offer, but don't panic as you say its up on carzone a few days.......there's cars on carzone months and not 1 call!

Yeah its only been a few days... its my Dad's car, and he's a bit disappointed that his phone hasn't been hopping! I'm not sure he quite gets how bad the market has gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Cyrus wrote: »
    Hi folks,

link to advert for my m3 is in my sig, would appreciate any feedback :)

You are selling about 12 months too early for me. Something like it would definitely me on my hit list in 12 months. Another "keep for a long time motor".
    Best of luck with the sale. I think it will be a tough sale, it is probably at a funny age/price too, too old for the boys that still have some cash to slpash out on a flash motor, too new for some DIY enthusiasts, if you get what I mean.:confused:

PS If you still have it in 12 months (5 will be paid off) PM me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

slookie wrote: »
    I cant afford to sell at price that low...jaysus I payed 15k for it 2 years ago! Only have €4k cash with my own so couldn't afford other car then.

No offence but your seriously didn't think you could upgrade from a 04 Avensis to a 06 Passat for €4k did you? Even in the good times this would not have been realistic.

If you buy cheap you have to sell cheap, that is the reality of the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

mickdw wrote: »
    (Note: Be careful opening avensis boot after using the passat for a while as you will nearly take it off the hinges, very light) :)

Both cars have a 5 star Euro NCAP rating despite the Avensis being around 2 years prior to the Passat so the thickness of the boot is a mute point.

Now if only VW spent as much time ironing out their reliability issue as much as they spend on perfecting the clunk sound you get when you close the door or boot.

Now back on topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,314 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Merged into "Really need help" thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

i have a 05 corsa sxi just wondering if anyone has any tips on where i could sell it or what its worth ,its an english car mint condition but are there any buyers in this climate

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Yeah its only been a few days... its my Dad's car, and he's a bit disappointed that his phone hasn't been hopping! I'm not sure he quite gets how bad the market has gone.

I hear ya....best of luck anyways.

but are there any buyers in this climate

No:rolleyes:

jus kiddin, ya never know till you try, just be sensible about your approach to preparing,marketing and pricing the car.
    Best of Luck !

i have a 05 corsa sxi just wondering if anyone has any tips on where i could sell it or what its worth ,its an english car mint condition but are there any buyers in this climate

Price, price, price and price. That should and will help you sell the car. What engine size, colour, mileage and condition is it in? It's due an NCT, this will help your sale. Carzone, adverts.ie, buyandsell, gumtree.ie are places to start advertising. Carzone is a battle of the cheapest, if it is, it should sell. Have a look at what you can buy a 06/07 Corsa for as well before you decide on a price.

im not in the car trade but im the first owner ,bought it new in 05 for the missus its silver 1.2 with all the works a/c cd alloys low milage ,second child on the way so im going to but a diesel passat 2 or 3 year old , a bit safer than a corsa for the woman and kida ya no, thanks for the tips:)

4.5 to 5k with an NCT?

ya i would be happy with that , i was looking at 2008 passats on autotrader uk for 8k sterling with around 15k miles and they are tdi, my cousin nearly died when he seen them he paid around 35k for a new one last year, :)

ya i would be happy with that , i was looking at 2008 passats on autotrader uk for 8k sterling with around 15k miles and they are tdi, my cousin nearly died when he seen them he paid around 35k for a new one last year, :)

Aye you can get a new higline 1.9tdi for 29k now from Dealers. Get an add up and throw it up here and we can offer our opinions.

• Advertisement

i will try to get the link tomorrow night not that much of a whiz but i will figure it out ......................;)

Advertisement