Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Really need help selling car - please! (all similar threads go in here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

the only thing im worried about is that i could end up with an ex salesmans car ,that could have been tampered with,but serious bargains to be got over there in the repo auctions

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

EPM wrote: »
    Bugger - its reserved now but this one is really nice. Dont think I've ever seen this colour in Ireland either

http://www.autoquake.com/vehicle/inspid=9866

Jaysus, that's the way to take pictures of cars!

savage detail even the tires

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

the only thing im worried about is that i could end up with an ex salesmans car ,that could have been tampered with,but serious bargains to be got over there in the repo auctions

I don't understand this point, can you elaborate?

i could have ended up buying a car in the uk that bleonged to a seles rep for a company that may have the clock wound back, or crashed repair job, there is good value to be got at the finance reposessions auctions in the uk even better that the ones here, i didnt buy yet but i have an eye on a few so far

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

If you're buying any car you should satisfy yourself that the mileage and history is correct. I wouldn't limit those investigations to sales rep's cars or auction cars.

In my experience, sales rep's car are serviced on the button and any crash repairs are done "no expense spared" through insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Jaysus, that's the way to take pictures of cars!

Its a great set up in fairness. No annoying little suprises when you get there. They even show windscreen chips that you can get covered by insurance anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Personally, I'd prefer a sales reps car serviced on the button with no expense spared than a finance repo car that the owner couldn't afford the proper maintenance of and thew a few ball bearings into the oil before the finance company came about to collect;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 damp sponge

Sounds dodgy? Nah, its not really. I'm due to move over to Germany in less then two weeks and my brother has just let me down for buying my car. Its a 97 Polo with around 76k on it, I'm only the second owner and it just passed its NCT in February. I was giving it to him for 1000, but he's decided he's broke. So now I have this car that I'll have no use for what so ever.

I've heard that its hard enought to sell a car these days, even at 1000 euro mine seems the best deal for Mileage on Carzone. Does anyone know any dealers who are still taking cars in? What should I be looking to price this at to sell it before I go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 paquita

Try to put ads everywhere, I hope you have good luck in your sell

• Advertisement

Sounds dodgy? Nah, its not really. I'm due to move over to Germany in less then two weeks and my brother has just let me down for buying my car. Its a 97 Polo with around 76k on it, I'm only the second owner and it just passed its NCT in February. I was giving it to him for 1000, but he's decided he's broke. So now I have this car that I'll have no use for what so ever.

I've heard that its hard enought to sell a car these days, even at 1000 euro mine seems the best deal for Mileage on Carzone. Does anyone know any dealers who are still taking cars in? What should I be looking to price this at to sell it before I go?

I wouldn't bother looking at carzone for the likes of a 97 Polo. Has it got power steering? Is it a 1.0 litre? WHat colour? How many doors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 damp sponge

I wouldn't bother looking at carzone for the likes of a 97 Polo. Has it got power steering? Is it a 1.0 litre? WHat colour? How many doors?

It's a blue 5door 1litre polo without power steering. Just got it last year to learn to drive in, passed a few weeks ago and I'm heading out for a job over there. What dya reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

Cheap stuff like this sell as well in the local newspaper - giving money to carzone is a ripoff at the prices they charge these days

It's a blue 5door 1litre polo without power steering. Just got it last year to learn to drive in, passed a few weeks ago and I'm heading out for a job over there. What dya reckon?

Aye try all the free sites, buy and sell and all that. 800 sounds more appealing to me than 1000. If you like, try it at 995 and see do you get any calls. As said, cheap stuff like this, with an nct, will always sell. If only this was last week I'd have it sold for you. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

draffodx wrote: »
    Looking for a bit of advice on selling my car as well, mainly looking for information on how to spruce up my ad before I put it on carzone as €40 for 4 weeks is a bit of a rip off so want to have it right before I put it up.

Also any other car sites that generate good traffic that I'm missing?

Car is gonna be hard to sell anyway as its an Irish model Integra Type R but I reckon its at a bargain price

anyway heres the adverts link - http://adverts.ie/75215

any helpful opinions welcome

My first post got completely ignored! :rolleyes:

So any helpful opinions?

So any helpful opinions?

All seems well. Leave out the woman bit:D.

Good luck with the sale. I haven't checked prices, but you know yourself. Price will make or break the sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

So any helpful opinions?

Hi there,

ok, well I'd drop the price sub 6k - like €4500 or the like, let be honest, its not worth your 6k - its going to happen in haggling anyways so just do it now on the ad.
    re; Needs the 4th gear synchro replaced as it crunches in 4th gear. (ohhhhm gonna be pricey!)
    little bit of rust on the front of the bonnet. (bodywork, more cost!)
    paint is slightly faded and has the usual marks and dings for a ten year old car. (ohhhh, even more bodywork and repainting...loadza cost!)
    Other than that its a great car and its much easier to insure than the japanese version. (ohhh, well thats ok then, like it freekin matters, Quinn Direct will insure any jap import- all they want is your money!)

WHY, WHY? WHY? ...give the viewer of your ad all this negativity? It's not an ebay listing that you have to put down the bad points.
    It's up to the buyer to spot these on viewing - Its a private sale - Caveat emptor and all that!
    And where are the interior pics?

Get with the program if you really wanna mooooooove it!

Best of luck tho:pac:

WHY, WHY? WHY? ...give the viewer of your ad all this negativity? It's not an ebay listing that you have to put down the bad points.
    It's up to the buyer to spot these on viewing - Its a private sale - Caveat emptor and all that!

I hate to disagree with that statement, but I do. This is where I admire the English, they tell you the exacts of the car, no bs. If only I could of saved myself hours driving up and down to Dublin and around the country with fella's telling me that the cars were mint, no problems, only to find they were a piece of ****e. I think it's high time the Irish got out of this mentality, and start telling things how they are rather than lies.

I'm not directing this at you, niceirishfella, it's just a general comment.

I hate to disagree with that statement, but I do. This is where I admire the English, they tell you the exacts of the car, no bs. If only I could of saved myself hours driving up and down to Dublin and around the country with fella's telling me that the cars were mint, no problems, only to find they were a piece of ****e. I think it's high time the Irish got out of this mentality, and start telling things how they are rather than lies.

I'm not directing this at you, niceirishfella, it's just a general comment.

I'm not going to take it personal @ at Limerick, but to get a car sold, and that the main objective is it not???, you got to market the car properly - not set up barriers to a sale - its a no brainer, so your wrong i'm afraid.
    However, I take and do see your point - I think the best all round solution is to get the car fixed (esp the Gearbox issue) prior to sale.

However, I take and do see your point - I think the best all round solution is to get the car fixed (esp the Gearbox issue) prior to sale.

+1

I was making a general comment though, not in relation to his add, but adds in general which say "the car is mint, not a scratch". When in real terms, there's more stone chips than paint on the car lol!

• Advertisement

+1

I was making a general comment though, not in relation to his add, but adds in general which say "the car is mint, not a scratch". When in real terms, there's more stone chips than paint on the car lol!

ok, and agreed re; general ads - we oirish ehhhhh:D

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

Put my motor on Adverts.ie today - I'd be interested to get some feedback re level of detail and price. Its an 04 Mondeo TDCi, 130bhp with the 6-speed manual.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=103756&cat=2

I think it's a hell of a lot of car for the money - private sales on Carzone for similar motors (nb not the 6-speed which, in the UK anyway, fetches a decent premium) range from the guts of 9k through to 4k, which is a v. high miler.

All feedback appreciated.

Put my motor on Adverts.ie today - I'd be interested to get some feedback re level of detail and price. Its an 04 Mondeo TDCi, 130bhp with the 6-speed manual.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=103756&cat=2

I think it's a hell of a lot of car for the money - private sales on Carzone for similar motors (nb not the 6-speed which, in the UK anyway, fetches a decent premium) range from the guts of 9k through to 4k, which is a v. high miler.

All feedback appreciated.

Nice car!
    But Unblock the reg plates for starters. Nothing to hide have ya?:D
    6 speed? - I had both the 5 speed and the 6 speed - both as economical as each other.
    The price is ok, but re-do it sub 5k - then you have a good value proposition there - great car btw.
    Also, pop in No Timing belt on these,so no nasty high cost servicing - always a plus.:p
    Does it have auto wipers?

Besides the ST, that is probably the only Mondeo of it's era that I can say I like. Very nice looking car. I think it's very good value at what it is, but if you are really keen for a sale, 4,995 with no offers sounds alot more appealing. Depends on how quick you want rid of it. I think you will still get alot of interest as you are.

As said above, un cover the plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

Nice car!
    But Unblock the reg plates for starters. Nothing to hide have ya?:D
    6 speed? - I had both the 5 speed and the 6 speed - both as economical as each other.
    The price is ok, but re-do it sub 5k - then you have a good value proposition there - great car btw.
    Also, pop in No Timing belt on these,so no nasty high cost servicing - always a plus.:p
    Does it have auto wipers?

Nothing to hide re the reg - just prefer discretion and no need for the neighbours to know what I value my car at, nor what any potential purchaser paid for it should it should it show up on their drive.

I've also had both 5 and 6spd boxes in this car - the the 6th ratio is an extra gear as 5th gear in both cars is identical. In the UK the 6spd box is a premium of at least £400, at least it was when I bought this!

Cheers for the feedback. Will give it a few days before I'd contemplate dropping the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Hi there,

ok, well I'd drop the price sub 6k - like €4500 or the like, let be honest, its not worth your 6k - its going to happen in haggling anyways so just do it now on the ad.

€5000 to €5500 is what I'm getting for a trade in to garages so €6000 is what I want to start at and wont go much below that whats the point when I could get a better price on a trade in.
    re;Needs the 4th gear synchro replaced as it crunches in 4th gear. (ohhhhm gonna be pricey!)

Got quoted €600 for it done
    little bit of rust on the front of the bonnet. (bodywork, more cost!)
    paint is slightly faded and has the usual marks and dings for a ten year old car. (ohhhh, even more bodywork and repainting...loadza cost!)

Why would it need bodywork or painting exactly? slight fade and some small marks are surely to be expected of a 10 year old car?
    Other than that its a great car and its much easier to insure than the japanese version. (ohhh, well thats ok then, like it freekin matters, Quinn Direct will insure any jap import- all they want is your money!)

Only if your over 30

I dont want people coming up thinking its a perfect car and wasting both our time, I'm in no rush to sell and have no regrets about being honest about the car even if it means it doesn't sell
    And where are the interior pics?

Have to get them sorted alright
    Get with the program if you really wanna mooooooove it!

Best of luck tho:pac:

Problem is I'm not pushed on selling it, I had it up for sale because I though I wouldn't have enough money to get through college but college is nearly over now and I've got the finances covered :D

Thanks for the advice though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

howdy, appreciate advice on the cars in my sig, 07 Avensis and 04 Scenic both priced well but nothing happening.....cheers

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    howdy, appreciate advice on the cars in my sig, 07 Avensis and 04 Scenic both priced well but nothing happening.....cheers

The pictures of the Avensis are horrible. And it's manky dirty. And for a private sale it's about 1500 to 2000 over priced. Scenic is way over priced as well, and it's not a very nice colour. On what basis are these well priced? I know I'm being brunt, but IIRC this is your second time asking for advice.

[quote=draffodx;59575425Problem is I'm not pushed on selling it,[/quote]

right, shure there's your answer. Why bother then? Your hearts not in it so.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

@LimerickMan
    Scenic, I actually like those deep wine red/purple colours so color is in the eye....I would have thought a price reduction of €2.5k+ tax for 10months is well priced

Avensis pics I can replace, in work 6 days so can only get them on a good Sunday, they're laying pipes across the road and the whole estate is covered in dust, I did not notice any €11.8k Avensis out there when pricing it, considering the mileage, tax so again thought it was priced well, with significant warranty remaining a garage price should not be that much of a premium
    IIRC this is your second time asking for advice
    I don't remember asking before?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement