Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Really need help selling car - please! (all similar threads go in here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

inforfun wrote: »
    I will definitely keep an eye out on this thread

So ya, qz, 6k we were saying wasn't it? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Keep that to yourself, I feel bad enough as it is!!

>_>

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Just wondering........have any of you had any joy advertising on community notice boards in supermarkets and such like??

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I printed all posts in this thread. And read them all 1 by 1.
    It clearly states €1500

somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Limerick_Lad

I have a SAAB for sale on Carzone, http://www.carzone.ie/search/Saab/9-3/Special-/200916192528448/advert

Do you think price is reasonable or am I way off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

I have a SAAB for sale on Carzone, http://www.carzone.ie/search/Saab/9-3/Special-/200916192528448/advert

I don't know about the price but upload more and better quality pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

The trick is in getting the right pic!!!

[URL="javascript:void(0);"]SAAB9-31.jpg?t=1239984536[/URL]

Is she English ya?

As said above, better pictures are a must. The whole difference in that car is the way it looks, and you are going to need to show that properly.

I think 19,995 would be more of an attractive price, or even 20,995. Up to yourself.

Edit: Nice car btw.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

are you related to Limerick_Man :D

Compare your pics against the likes of this
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Saab/9-3/1.9TiD-v/200840190221344/advert
    Take loads of pics of the entire car, inside and out, in good light and with a good camera.
    When taking front corner shots turn the front wheel towards the camera.
    Once you have loads of pics then get maybe someone else to pick the best.

kbannon wrote: »
    are you related to Limerick_Man :D

Eh hemm... Due to unforeseen circumstances that "_" was taken out of me username a long time ago :P

• Advertisement

And so Ava ventures forth into the abyss.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=108724

......feedback re: ad?

qz wrote: »
    And so Ava ventures forth into the abyss.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=108724

......feedback re: ad?

" nothing in the car has except for a sin..."

I'm guessing "nothing has gone wrong" or the likes is meant to go in there. Advert seems fair.

"I don't have a service history for the car I'm afraid, but the NCT is good for over a year."

To be particular, I think they are two separate points. I'd leave out the no service history bit, and put in "Car was serviced before I bought it" or what ever is relevant.

" nothing in the car has except for a sin..."

I'm guessing "nothing has gone wrong" or the likes is meant to go in there.

"The battery....... has never given any trouble, nothing in the car has except for...."

To be particular, I think they are two separate points. I'd leave out the no service history bit, and put in "Car was serviced before I bought it" or what ever is relevant.

thumbsup.gif

Good stuff, looks well.

Pity, I had a set of MK4 wheels here for 100 yo yo's that would of made an awful difference to it. Ah well.

Btw,good luck with the sale. What's next?

Throw it up on vagdrivers.net as well. I'll throw it up for ya if you don't want to register.

No worries, hindsight's 20/20.

There's a 156 on the cards! 1999, 20878 miles, has been in the family since new, too good to pass up and dirt cheap too. :D

And if you wouldn't mind LM throwing it up on vagdrivers it'd be much appreciated, thought I'd made an account ages ago but there's nothing in my e-mail history about it. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Still have the car up (in my sig)
    I've got it at 7k which is nearly the lowest 06 available, plus its got really low mileage, no serious callers so far. Do you think I should drop it to 6k?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭ninkynonk

where is your sig???:confused:

ninkynonk wrote: »
    where is your sig???:confused:

At the bottom of my post. Same place as you have you spoiler tag.
    You probably have sig's disabled in you options?
    Link
    Its on carzone & cbg too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭ninkynonk

sorry- i must have them disabled. had a look at your car.
    I always liked the look of the seat- but never knew if they
    where too reliable, even though they have VW engines. i'd of been interested if it was a 4 door. But seriously why are you selling it? for 6000grand your practically giving it away! are you that desperate to sell it? because if i was you i'd keep it and hope things pick up. its a lovely car aswell!:)

• Advertisement

ninkynonk wrote: »
    sorry- i must have them disabled. had a look at your car.
    I always liked the look of the seat- but never knew if they
    where too reliable, even though they have VW engines. i'd of been interested if it was a 4 door. But seriously why are you selling it? for 6000grand your practically giving it away! are you that desperate to sell it? because if i was you i'd keep it and hope things pick up. its a lovely car aswell!:)

Its a great car alright but my wife got herself an A3 at the end of last year, with the intention I'd take the Seat as my company car is up for renewal during the summer. But we've an arrival on the way so I need to sell the seat, and either get a bigger company car (bigger than the seat I mean), or give the company car back, take the allowance and buy something bigger myself.
    If I do that I don't want to trade it in, I'll get crap price for it.
    Also if I wasn't trading in I'd get a better price on the car I want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

But surely someone'd allow you 6k on that against another car if you shopped around? There's facelifted Altea's coming out this summer - a SEAT dealer might do something decent if same make and all that. Should be baby big;) Just a thought anyway

She didn't import the Audi did she?

It's a pity about the car not selling. I'd be cheeky and advertise as a 2006 Polo on carzone. It should get more hits and you never know, some one migh like it.

She didn't import the Audi did she?

It's a pity about the car not selling. I'd be cheeky and advertise as a 2006 Polo on carzone. It should get more hits and you never know, some one migh like it.

Yep, imported the audi, that's why the Seat wasn't traded in, plus the fact I was intending on taking it.

lafors wrote: »
    Yep, imported the audi, that's why the Seat wasn't traded in, plus the fact I was intending on taking it.

A problem with buying a "cheaper" car in the UK. Could end up costing you more than an Irish one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Evertonia

How can a "cheaper" car in UK end up costing you more than in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Cheaper to buy. After getting it check, flying over, drive and ferry back the cost doesn't add up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Evertonia

I have been looking at 2008 Vw Golfs and they seem to work out €3,000 cheaper to buy in UK!

Evertonia wrote: »
    How can a "cheaper" car in UK end up costing you more than in Ireland?

And the fact the car he kept rather than trading in, was worth more than it was at the start of the year and now he's finding he has to keep dropping the price and it won't sell. Therefore loosing money on that, maybe it doesn't add up after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Evertonia wrote: »
    I have been looking at 2008 Vw Golfs and they seem to work out €3,000 cheaper to buy in UK!

ffs, of course it will be. If you're spending 20k on the car then the travel costs aren't going to make too much of a dent in the price difference.

It becomes less cost efficient the cheaper a car a is.

Advertisement