Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Really need help selling car - please! (all similar threads go in here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Alzar

What would be a realistic valuation on a '06 Nissan Primera SE?

It has 40,000 miles on the clock.
    It is the very same as this one here (without the hitch :eek:):
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Nissan/Primera/1.6/200840190250436/advert?channel=CARS

I know that it's not worth any where near the 15K the above is being sold at.
    Any input appreciated for anyone.

I'm hoping to change for an older 320D or similar.

ta!
    Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Alzar wrote: »
    What would be a realistic valuation on a '06 Nissan Primera SE?

It has 40,000 miles on the clock.
    It is the very same as this one here (without the hitch :eek:):
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Nissan/Primera/1.6/200840190250436/advert?channel=CARS

I know that it's not worth any where near the 15K the above is being sold at.
    Any input appreciated for anyone.

I'm hoping to change for an older 320D or similar.

ta!
    Al.

I'd imagine 5.5-6k?

Not a great seller, and not a great colour IMO. You haven't mentioned the engine size though?

I'd imagine 5.5-6k?

Not a great seller, and not a great colour IMO. You haven't mentioned the engine size though?

Thanks LM.

It's a 1.6 petrol...probably makes it worse again :(

Al.

Alzar wrote: »
    Thanks LM.

It's a 1.6 petrol...probably makes it worse again :(

Al.

As long as it's not the 1.8, you're not too bad! Have you tried traking it in?

Yup, asked for a trade against 2 different 320's (non main dealer) & they wouldn't take it. Too hard to shift on.

When I bought it, I had a company van so it was only used at the weekend. I have since changed jobs & it's now my daily driver. It like's a drop of petrol on the 'oul commute. Filling it every week.

Al.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭lifer_sean

Irrelevant to what people may think, Corolla's are making mad money. I've been on the look out for one for the last month for a friend, the cheapest 02 I can get it around 5k. 03's seems to be making around 6k. If it's clean, it should sell fairly quick. If you're willing to sell it for 5k, I've a buyer waiting for you;)

I had a minter 02 new shape 5dr, bright red, 69k miles one for sale a few weeks ago. Had it advertised at 5995, got tons and tons of calls (one day I got 4 calls on it). Several people viewed and bid me 5000 or 5250. Sold it in less than a week for 5700 to a guy who drove up from west Cork.

@OP, I don't think the 03 will make 7500, but should make 6500 or over. 7000 would be a stretch IMO. Mileage is a bit above average at 79k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sheymoose

Here's an excellent condition 02 Corolla with only a slight dent in the rear passenger door for only 4k:
    http://www.boop.co.uk/Cars/Cars_Toyota_Corolla_2002__salonCar_is_in_1000015316.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭dutchcat

what should i relastically advertise this for it's the oh's motor, it's 2005 35k miles, fully loaded. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 51,237 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

An Altea with a 2.0 litre petrol engine will be difficult enough to sell in this country. The extra running costs over a TDi or 1.6 litre will frighten alot of folks away. That and the fact it is an auto/tiptronic will limit it's appeal even further.

Cheapest Altea on carzone is asking €7k and that is a 1.6 litre. I think you will be doing well to get €6k or more for it. Probably not what you want to hear but unfortunarely that is the reality of the market here.

jaysus :eek: thought it might be worth a bit more than that

• Advertisement

dutchcat wrote: »
    jaysus :eek: thought it might be worth a bit more than that

Is it the 150 bhp? Is it DSG? As said if it was diesel it would be a much easier sale, but any form of Altea is going to be somewhat hard, not to mind a 2.0 petrol Auto.

it's 150 bhp how do i know if its dsg whatever it is?

it's 150 bhp how do i know if its dsg whatever it is?

It's more than likely not a dsg, but on generally on the gearknob it's self there is a chrome bit which is either blank or says DSG on it.

the gear stick is leather with alloy on the sides and alloy button ,it's 6 speed

the gear stick is leather with alloy on the sides and alloy button ,it's 6 speed

If it doesn't say Kellogs on the box, it's not Kellogs in the box lol... Have you the car advertised anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

In the 2.0 FSI Leon the gearbox is a DSG. Would presume the Altea is the same

EPM wrote: »
    In the 2.0 FSI Leon the gearbox is a DSG. Would presume the Altea is the same

Ah but isn't the Leon the 200bhp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Nope, FSI 148 brake. TFSI gets DSG too though.

Good to see you back btw:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

In the 05 car sales guide it is just listed as Auto whereas the Golf's at that time are listed as DSG.

I'd say it's probably the tiptronic.

There's probably a home out there for it, just need to find the right person.

We sold a 2005 1.9Tdi with 91,000km in May for €6,250 so I'd say €6,000 ish is on the money.

EPM wrote: »
    Nope, FSI 148 brake. TFSI gets DSG too though.

Good to see you back btw:D

Learn something new everyday:D, bit dusty still :L

Actually, isn't the DSG the one to come with the S-tronic, so if it has the S after D it's a DSG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,237 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

DSG is 7 speed afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

bazz26 wrote: »
    DSG is 7 speed afaik.

6 or 7 depending on the engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Wemail90 wrote: »
    <snip>

Shameless Plug!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

Put my 2004 Nissan Skyline 350GT up on adverts :)

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=166932&cat=2

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

What would you value at 2004 Peugeot 206 1.4 LX at? Its done 42k miles. Has timing belt/new brake pads. Serviced last summer (09), has alpine cd/radio with Ipod connector.

Would probably be looking at 4,500 or therabouts. A mate said I should sell for 5/6k

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

I thought I would resurrect this thread (perhaps worth a sticky?) rather than starting a new one. I know advertising isn't on so I've removed my number from the image below & won't be posting any links to advertising sites.

I've just placed an ad for my car, it's a 2007 Alfa Romeo GT 1.9 Diesel. It's not published yet, just wondering if any of you had advice on improving the ad? I think I got all the relevant details in there. You can't see them all but I've included 9 pictures including ones of the interior,the leather & the dash. Pictures ok? It was fairly sunny today so hard to get a shot without some reflection from the car.

I'm moving abroad but I'm still gutted at having to sell it. I bought it in Newcastle after getting all my info off one of the huge VRT threads. The trip over to collect it and the drive back through Scotland to the ferry, into Belfast & home were the stuff motoring dreams are made of :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Can you stick a link to the ad so we can see the rest of the pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

It's not even published yet, probably won't go through until Monday but I'll try to attach them here. Images are fairly large so won't post them.

Just bumping this up seeing as there are a million new threads relevant to it!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Bumping this because im hoping someone can help me

http://www.adverts.ie/car/3-series/3-series/bmw/401549?ct=1

Advertisement