Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Really need help selling car - please! (all similar threads go in here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

superjosh9 wrote: »
    Suppose so.. It's spotless though and drives perfectly - just would be a shame to give it away. :(

Doubt too many people will be jumping onto carzone though to find their dream-car, a 1998 Almera!! I do like his ad though :D

Yea, it looks like its in good nick alright, and many more years left in it. - Mine has 152k miles without a bother!

He'd have a better chance of selling it with an asking price of 2k, the fact that its an automatic should appeal to some learners. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 kerryman87

Any advice on Selling my Civic. http://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=248808

I'm after buying a new car now and must sell this car before I go back to college :o

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

Cionád wrote: »
    Yea, it looks like its in good nick alright, and many more years left in it. - Mine has 152k miles without a bother!

He'd have a better chance of selling it with an asking price of 2k, the fact that its an automatic should appeal to some learners. :)

152k? That's promising! They are super reliable alright - I've lost count how many times he's jump started the other cars (all Volvos) in the family! He got a brand new Hyundai so more of the same in store I suspect!

Exactly what we were thinking re the auto box - I'll talk to him re the price and see what the story is.

Maybe my new signature will help?!?!?!! :)

kerryman87 wrote: »
    Any advice on Selling my Civic. http://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=248808

I'm after buying a new car now and must sell this car before I go back to college :o

Do you have the original wheels? Those after market jobs are a real turn-off and have boy racer written all over them! Also, are they seat covers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 kerryman87

Don't have the original wheels but could probably pick up a set fairly cheap in the Buy & Sell. Do you think that would be worth my while? Still have the hubcaps though. Yes they are seat covers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 eire_sai

96 Seat Cordoba for sale, i only want a few hundred for it, engine in perfect nick, recent service, nct for 1 year, send me a message or mail eire_sai@hotmail.com

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

eire_sai wrote: »
    96 Seat Cordoba for sale, i only want a few hundred for it, engine in perfect nick, recent service, nct for 1 year, send me a message or mail eire_sai@hotmail.com
    Any pictures or info?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 eire_sai

Any pictures or info?

PM me if you want my address or phone number so you can get more details

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

eire_sai wrote: »
    PM me if you want my address or phone number so you can get more details

I could be wrong here but I don't think he wants to buy your car, this thread is only for giving advice to people on how to sell their cars rather than a place to advertise it.

If you are not looking for selling tips and just want to sell it then the best place is on www.adverts.ie.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

bazz26 wrote: »
    I could be wrong here but I don't think he wants to buy your car, this thread is only for giving advice to people on how to sell their cars rather than a place to advertise it.

If you are not looking for selling tips and just want to sell it then the best place is on www.adverts.ie.
    Spot on baz.

It is a bit hard to judge without any info or pics.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

did anyone spot the new carzone? there's a link to it on the homepage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

steve06 wrote: »
    did anyone spot the new carzone? there's a link to it on the homepage.
    http://beta.carzone.ie/

kerryman87 wrote: »
    Don't have the original wheels but could probably pick up a set fairly cheap in the Buy & Sell. Do you think that would be worth my while? Still have the hubcaps though. Yes they are seat covers.

Dunno, you don't want to go spending anymore money on the car.

If the original seats are in good nick I'd get rid of the seat covers though.

All these after-market things, it's like putting your house up for sale and painting the interior walls pink or black. You might like it but...!

If you are in college, you could put some ads up on any notice boards too. Make the price affordable for some first year...

fletch wrote: »

hmm.. I always liked the no-nonsense-ness of the original.

this one looks a whole lot more.. corporate! Trader Media Group!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Any tips for me? I'll even give the link for the new version of carzone :pac:

http://beta.carzone.ie/used-cars/Hyundai/Coupe/FX-1.6/1130081/

And no, I am not a hairdresser!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Your timing belt is due!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Peugeot206

Hi all! :)

Would you mind checkin out my ad --> http://beta.carzone.ie/used-cars/Peugeot/206/1.1-LX/1121737/

Would really appreciate some feedback on how I can advertise it better and sell it quickly!!

Thanks in advance! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

TBH that looks like a good nick and clean car with good mileage for it's year and is towards the bottom end of the prices on carzone with regards to your model.

Only problem I can see though is that there are 152 cars the same year , model (with similiar mileage) not much you can really do against that expect lower your price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Peugeot206 wrote: »
    Hi all! :)

Would you mind checkin out my ad --> http://beta.carzone.ie/used-cars/Peugeot/206/1.1-LX/1121737/

Would really appreciate some feedback on how I can advertise it better and sell it quickly!!

Thanks in advance! ;)

Looks grand, one thing though is the seat covers, I would remove them, makes it look like there's ripped to pieces seats underneath, if that is the case leave them on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

+ 1 and lose the steering wheel cover and floor mats also then update your photos with these removed. Bad news though ... a 2005 206 sold for 3600 at merlin auction last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Any tips for me? I'll even give the link for the new version of carzone :pac:

http://beta.carzone.ie/used-cars/Hyundai/Coupe/FX-1.6/1130081/

And no, I am not a hairdresser!

I know this might sound a little ridiculous but,it appears that your price might be a bit too high.

I know that you may be trying to maximise your selling price but...
    The open market selling price for a hyundai coupe with your exact credentials is €8,900 by the "book" used in the motor trade!!

Not being a no-all but with the way the car market is going,most cars are going for cheaper so it aint a great time to be selling unfortunately.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Currently selling my mint (2001) Audi A4 130bhp diesel adverts.ie/57591

looking €10200 at the moment is this price unreasonable have these cars really depreciated this much any ideas??

car has 117k but is really a stunnner!!!!!!

stretchaq wrote: »

looking €10200 at the moment is this price unreasonable have these cars really depreciated this much any ideas??

Well, take me as Joe Soap, I dont think I could pay 10 grand for a 7 year old car with 117k on it..!

I'm sure it is nice though - but hard to justify it. Having said that, the 1.9 tdi is obviously quite popular so...

hard to know

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'd say your ad needs some work and the price is perhaps still too high.

No offence but customised number plates are a turn off for many, the ad. doesn't mention the cars year, or service history.

Revenue suggest car is worth just below €9.5k (assume it's a 130bhp base model), and you'd need to discount that further for a private sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, take me as Joe Soap, I dont think I could pay 10 grand for a 7 year old car with 117k on it..!

I'm sure it is nice though - but hard to justify it. Having said that, the 1.9 tdi is obviously quite popular so...

hard to know

Tbh you are right, paying such money for car that is 7 years old would be crazy. Thought i am on a crazy side aswell. I bought recently MB CLK200 fully loaded for 8k eu. It is 8 years old, but i thing that i bought more style car and eye catcher for that money.

And audi would be just an ussuall sedan. And tbh i dont see anything special in audis, they break not less then any car. No offence m8.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Tbh you are right, paying such money for car that is 7 years old would be crazy. Thought i am on a crazy side aswell. I bought recently MB CLK200 fully loaded for 8k eu. It is 8 years old, but i thing that i bought more style car and eye catcher for that money.

points taken still cheapest 130bhp on carzone

CLK200 sorry just couldnt go near one unless i was doin peoples hair for a living, really couldnt see any style in a clk

Really on the personalised plates always tought they made the car intresting opinion thanks for the feedback!! did i not mention the year may go back to that thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I agree on the personal number plates, for the few people who like them alot more don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

CLK200 sorry just couldnt go near one unless i was doin peoples hair for a living, really couldnt see any style in a clk

Really on the personalised plates always tought they made the car intresting opinion thanks for the feedback!! did i not mention the year may go back to that thanks

Lol m8, i am a chef :D so i prety much can go near one ;) . Merc coupe is something unique in mine eyes, but like i say: you can argue about taste :D.

btw i did not whanted say nothing wrong about your car m8 ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Is it an SE model? Your ad doesn't mention this (I think).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Hmm, frustrating to deal with this very Irish mindset. Im selling an Audi Allroad which cost about 70k new for 12k, its 8years old. Surely the car, its cost, its merits and its peers cost are what matters, not an arbitrary registration plate date? Its better spec'd by a long, long shot and more capable on and off road compared to say, a Mazda CX7 which costs around EUR50k. IMHO, the Allroad is a bargain.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=64749&cat=500

Advertisement