Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Really need help selling car - please! (all similar threads go in here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Hmm, frustrating to deal with this very Irish mindset. Im selling an Audi Allroad which cost about 70k new for 12k, its 8years old. Surely the car, its cost, its merits and its peers cost are what matters, not an arbitrary registration plate date? Its better spec'd by a long, long shot and more capable on and off road compared to say, a Mazda CX7 which costs around EUR50k. IMHO, the Allroad is a bargain.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=64749&cat=500

M8, i can say: i just love your allroad, by the way 12k is really not bad price. When i was looking for a car to buy 3 month ago, there were no darn allroads, and now when i bought a car, here it is :D.

Btw whats the reason selling it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

M8, i can say: i just love your allroad, by the way 12k is really not bad price. When i was looking for a car to buy 3 month ago, there were no darn allroads, and now when i bought a car, here it is :D.

Btw whats the reason selling it?

Lol, shame!
    Looking to get another Audi actually, but no real reason TBH, just swapping cars around. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Lol, shame!
    Looking to get another Audi actually, but no real reason TBH, just swapping cars around. :)

Ech really nice thing, i even love , that its not irish undersized engine, but proper allroad engine. did you had it from new?

Thought it wount be easy to sell, becouse people in here dont like big engines... Cheap b*****s! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

ok, getting rid of the car - moving back to 2 wheels!

I need to get rid of it quite quick because I need to sort out a bike asap for work/college etc. So I need help with the sale!
    • Where should I advertise? (carzone, cbg, B&S??)
    • How do I pick a price for her?
    • Could I sell it to a garage for a quick sale?
    Help me out!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

some sort of description of the car would help (and threads merged, btw)

• Advertisement

Thanks,

I didn't want to put up description just incase people taught I was trying to flog it here..

It's a 05D astra (5dr) grey with 50K miles, never a day of trouble(apart from when I tought she was guzzelling petrol, turns out it was just the price that went up!), serviced in March, 2 new tires (although needs 2 more)...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

jameshayes wrote: »
    Thanks,

I didn't want to put up description just incase people taught I was trying to flog it here..

It's a 05D astra (5dr) grey with 50K miles, never a day of trouble(apart from when I tought she was guzzelling petrol, turns out it was just the price that went up!), serviced in March, 2 new tires (although needs 2 more)...

Spec?

1.4 Club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭EternalSunshine

superjosh9 wrote: »
    lol - another feckin' almera! My bro is in exactly the same boat:

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Nissan/Almera/Automatic/1102306/

It just goes to show - if you can't sell something like this i.e, small engined automatic, what hope have the rest of us??!!

Way too expensive. What is counting against it is that the new model came out in '00. My brother-in-law sold his old '99 almera a few months ago to his brother for 1,000. Its now used as a farm runabout. And that car was in perfect condition ( full nissan service ) and just over 100K miles ....but no-one wanted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Hi guys,

I have a 2007 Ford Fiesta Argento and am having some trouble selling it. The car only has 9800km (practically new) and I am offering it for 12,500EUR.

Does anybody have some suggestions on how I might be able to sell a car like this. I really need to sell it asap and any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks a million.

Comes with a free tv maybe:D

• Advertisement

Any ideas lads?

Astra, Club, 1.4, 2005, 50K (miles), grey, 5 drs

How much should I advertise it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭spuddy

My father's looking to sell his A4. It's a clear car, and been very well looked after, but what do you think of the ad? Anything which could be improved?

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Audi/A4/2.0-TDI/1156293/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

ad is fine only problem is theres over 264 Audi A4s with a 2005 reg plate. Alot of the ones with similiar mileage to your dads are 2-3k cheaper as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Not sure if this is the best place to post so sorry if it's wrong. I'm trying to sell my old car - a 1995 Opel Corsa. As previously mentioned in another thread, it's in a bit of state. Someone poured battery acid on the bonnet so the paint is all but stripped on the bonnet and it got broken into so the driver door is a bit bent out of shape and leaks. It needs quite a few repairs too - hole in the exhaust, numerous leaks, temp guage broken, no interior lights etc. I put it on buy and sell but obviously didn't have space to fit all this in, so just wrote 'cosmetic repairs required'. I'm worried that if I do manage to flog it (for €300!) that the buyer will come back in a couple of weeks going mad about all the repairs. Mechanically the engine is fine but there's a load of small jobs that need to be done. I've advertised it as a field/learner car.

Anyway, basically I'm worried about the buyer coming back demanding a refund/money to pay for the repairs and was wondering where I stand on this? If I sell it to someone I obviously won't give a guarantee but am I answerable for any repairs or problems? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭mrfamilyguy

ergonomics wrote: »
    If I sell it to someone I obviously won't give a guarantee but am I answerable for any repairs or problems? Thanks!

Under law the buyer has zero come back with a private sale. Also aside from that anyone buying a car for €300 knows what they are getting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Thoughtsies please fellow boardsies? Clicky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Big_Mac wrote: »

Here's a thought - get real. €4,500? Try half that.

Big_Mac wrote: »

ROFL at the will sell with whells included comment :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D how else will someone drive it away

Your also absolutely dreaming with asking for €4,500 1998 Audi A4 with 182,000 miles. Like above half that price at least(and you'll prob still have major hassle shifting it)

To put how ridiculous your price is into perspective on carzone theres 8 other 98 A4s and below is some of them:

62,137 miles / €3,950
    109,120 miles / €3,450
    140,000 miles / €5,500
    98,600 / €2,900

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Tunes2

Hey guys,

Im a total newbie here and need some advice.

I have a 92 Mitsibushi Pajero, its NCT has another 6 months left on it. Tax is up, my insurance is up in the next couple of weeks and it needs a new altenator.

I was hoping to get rid of it before I have to start shelling out money for tax and insurance etc. Advertised it on the buy and sell, and gumtree but haven't got a single call.

Im hoping to get in the region of EUR800 for it, just to get rid of it. Is that mad? Should i bite the bullet, get the altenator fixed and try sell it for EUR2000?

Am i way off the mark with prices here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

Take the alternator off yourself and bring it to an auto electrician and get him to patch it up while you stand over him or better still pick up a second hand one for forty euro. you might get a grand for it then but don,t hold your breath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Tunes2

mmmm - I dont even know where the altenator is in a jeep. I barely know how to check the oil :p

Im just going by what people tell me - someone said i could get EUR2000 for a 92 Pajero - I take it that is way way too much?

As it stands (with the broken altenator) whats a realistic price to get for it?

I realise its a very old jeep - but there are still alot of them on the road - so I assume there must be some sort of market for them for parts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Tunes2 wrote: »
    mmmm - I dont even know where the altenator is in a jeep. I barely know how to check the oil :p

Im just going by what people tell me - someone said i could get EUR2000 for a 92 Pajero - I take it that is way way too much?

As it stands (with the broken altenator) whats a realistic price to get for it?

I realise its a very old jeep - but there are still alot of them on the road - so I assume there must be some sort of market for them for parts?

Clicky / Linky / Pickie?

EDIT: Just noticed its a newbie. Got any pics of said vehicle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭05D

Hi all,

I'm looking for advice on selling my car. I have had it in the Autotrader twice and I'm barely even getting calls.

I wouldn't mind but it is a savage car.

Does anyone have any tips on selling?

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

05D wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind but it is a savage car.

Passat TDi?

Seriously, have you checked what similar cars are listed at in, for example, carzone.ie? What do you think it's worth, and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Post the ad here, people love tearing them to shreds giving constructive criticism.

Its a complete buyers market atm anyway, so be prepared to drop your price I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

You don't mention in the ad if it's petrol or diesel.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭maidhc

If the car isn't selling the price is greater than people are wiling to pay. It can be nothing else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

I also wouldn't be bothered using autotrader....with carzone you can add a lot of pictures which will help the sale along

Advertisement