Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Really need help selling car - please! (all similar threads go in here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

At €35k you're too dear I'm afraid to inform you. Because of the new VRT rules diesels have become cheaper by a good margin. Also, you're selling the old model 3 series. Also, people bringing in cars from the UK are causing all Irish stock to become devalued.
    They're the three main reasons. Realistically, €29,995 would give it a much better chance of moving, and even at that I think you'll have to prepare to sit on it for a while. Forget dreamers on carzone, you need to under cut ALL of them to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think you have it priced too high.

Take a look below at similar ones for sale:
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=search&maxrows=100&MakeID=3&xMakeID=3&ModelID=20&xModelID=20&Year=2005&xYear=2005&Price_Max=&searchtext=coupe&x=38&y=18

Yours is the most expensive of them, alot of the above ones are from dealers offering warranties, some of them are very high spec and some are even the more desirable diesel models (presuming yours is petrol). Also remember there is no guarantee that any of the above will be sold at those prices.

You also need to include better/more photos and a more detailed description of the spec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

The car is way overpriced OP.

I bought a 2006 320i (E92) with about 30,000 km for under 30k a few weeks ago ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭05D

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/BMW/320/CD-M/1068403/

This one is the very same only blue!!!! Mine is purple and is gorge!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

There's is a few problems with that advert. There isn't enough detail. Is it petrol or diesel? Has it got leather? How many owners?
    Also it's completely over priced.
    Here is a similar diesel version of your car and it's €6500 cheaper and there are a few even cheaper than that with a bit higher mileage.
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/BMW/320/CD-Sport/1157035/

Edit : Took too long to post, Zube got in before me.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

not enough pictures. not enough spec. people dont wnat to ring you for that. they want it in plain vew. and anyone who writes no time wasters? well I wouldnt waste their time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

The link to the car is in my sig.

I only have it advertised on adverts.ie ... nowhere else.

I've had some limited interest, but nothing solid.

So, any opinions/suggestions? I'm even willing to get it fixed if that would give me a better chance of selling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Zube wrote: »
    Here's a similar car for €10K less, from a dealer.

From what I've heard "Dealer" is not quite the word I'd use....

• Advertisement

05D wrote: »
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/BMW/320/CD-M/1068403/

This one is the very same only blue!!!! Mine is purple and is gorge!

That might be the case but, like yours, that will be there for a long time to come.

I just noticed that now, I told the guy in the autotrader to put in.

BMW 320 CD.

Its a diesel car. Has had 2 owners, the lady who orders it had to sell it after 8 weeks as she couldn't reach the pedals!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Gandalf23 wrote: »
    The link to the car is in my sig.

I only have it advertised on adverts.ie ... nowhere else.

I've had some limited interest, but nothing solid.

So, any opinions/suggestions? I'm even willing to get it fixed if that would give me a better chance of selling.
    First off I'd give it a clean and take some new pictures. The wheels look filthy and the side sills could do with some back to black...

Put it in the buyandsell too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

From what I've heard "Dealer" is not quite the word I'd use....

I don't know these guys, but it's not a private sale price...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

Don't bother getting it fixed, just take your losses now, and move on. If you fix it, eejits buying for 800 euro will be looking for warranty. Stick it in the paper buy and sell for the non internet people for 600 euro with a link to your online advert.

Sorry wrong thread

I only bought it 3 years ago, can't believe I have lost - €19000 on it!!

€15000 is bad enough. But dropping the price again it madness!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

gandalf wrote:
    My 2c is to break it. It's a buyers market at the moment and people won't want the hassle of sourcing and fitting an engine. That's not to say that there aren't people out there that would but the majority won't be bothered.

Best of luck anyway.

€15000 is bad enough. But dropping the price again it madness!!

The higher the price of the car, the more you loose. Not trying to be smart, but that's all part of "affording" a car at a certain price. Can you afford a 50 grand car doesn't mean can you get the means to buy it. It means buying it, running it, loosing money on it.
    Look on the bright side. Anyone who bought a brand new 645i at the same time as you bought yours lost close to 60 grand on it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

?? Most cars lose around 50% in three years, what were you expecting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Biro wrote: »
    The higher the price of the car, the more you loose. Not trying to be smart, but that's all part of "affording" a car at a certain price. Can you afford a 50 grand car doesn't mean can you get the means to buy it. It means buying it, running it, loosing money on it.

Quoted for truth,

People need to accept that cars loose money, some at a ferocious rate

• Advertisement

Suppose,

I just didn't think I'll be selling it so soon. Circumstances changed!

So do you reckon I'd have a better chance by dropping it to €30k ?

Suppose,

Better at 30, way better at 25! :)
    Guaranteed sale at 10 grand - I'll buy it off ya for 10k! :D

Suppose,

I'd say in the buyer's market we're in, i'd say 28.5K would be a starting point. Although if ur not in a rush you could chance it at the 30K for a week or two.

I'd say in the buyer's market we're in, i'd say 28.5K would be a starting point. Although if ur not in a rush you could chance it at the 30K for a week or two.

Ok, looks like I'll have to drop it so.
    Really can't go lower than €30k :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i was selling my car a few months ago and came for advice on here and they were all dead right.

i'm also now reading this thread and seeing almost exactly the same comments from all different posters and it's all as true for you as it was for me.

i know you love your car and want a good price for it, but the sad fact of the matter is that a brand new car will haemorrhage money in the first 3 years or so and you'll never get close to what you think it's worth when you're selling it on.

the simple truth is that no matter how highly you value the car, it's not worth a penny more than someone is willing to give you for it.

every month you are trying to sell it and don't, it's going to drop in value. sorry, but you'd be much better to cut your losses now and just be rid of it (and the headache). :(

i sold my motor for about a 3rd less than I'd originally advertised it for, which was a stinger at the time, but i feel a lot better about it now than I would have if i was still trying to get shot of it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

the VROs open market selling price is €31740 for your car in m sport spec, that how much the government/SIMI think its worth, but in todays market the buyer dictates the price i'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Someone should make a guideline ad for people to follow, mentioning lots of pictures, a price thats comparable/lower than others on carzone etc. Will save alot of time.

Not me though, I've a physics exam tomorrow :( and I can't decide whether it's worth the extra £70 for drilled discs or not.

vibe666 wrote: »
    i was selling my car a few months ago and came for advice on here and they were all dead right.

i'm also now reading this thread and seeing almost exactly the same comments from all different posters and it's all as true for you as it was for me.

i know you love your car and want a good price for it, but the sad fact of the matter is that a brand new car will haemorrhage money in the first 3 years or so and you'll never get close to what you think it's worth when you're selling it on.

the simple truth is that no matter how highly you value the car, it's not worth a penny more than someone is willing to give you for it.

every month you are trying to sell it and don't, it's going to drop in value. sorry, but you'd be much better to cut your losses now and just be rid of it (and the headache). :(

i sold my motor for about a 3rd less than I'd originally advertised it for, which was a stinger at the time, but i feel a lot better about it now than I would have if i was still trying to get shot of it now.

It really is a bummer!!!! Will have to drop it!!

It really is a bummer!!!! Will have to drop it!!

Do, because if you keep it at the higher end for another few weeks, then drop it, everyone else will have already droppped there's trying to sell them. In that case, your constantly at the wrong end of the scale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Do you have to sell 05D?

Advertisement