Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motor Tax going up shocker in UK !

Options
  • 12-03-2008 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭

....well, at least they think it's a shocker, anyway.

In their Budget yesterday, 'dirty' cars (over 226 g/km) will go up by a 'massive' £100.........to £400. :eek:

Wow. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That's how it costs to tax a 1.4, here..........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Petrol is dearer in England shocker. :rolleyes:

It's not all bad Galway, much as you'd like it to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Stekelly wrote: »
    Petrol is dearer in England shocker. :rolleyes:

It's not all bad Galway, much as you'd like it to be.

I know it is, I filled my car in Oldham on Saturday. Correction - didn't fill it, just enough to get to ferry, when I saw the price.....Eur 1.40+ per litre.

And that's before yesterdays' +2p/litre rise..........

I'd still pay more for fuel and do away with the tax, if given the option, though...............

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

galwaytt wrote: »
    And that's before yesterdays' +2p/litre rise..........

They've postponed this for 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

http://www.parkers.co.uk/Budget-2008/

Parkers has a decent write up on it. My tax is going up. I pay £115 at the mo for a 2.2i-CTDI accord, so just checkin what it will change too

[EDIT] looks like mines going up a fiver, so not too bad,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

http://www.parkers.co.uk/Budget-2008/

Parkers has a decent write up on it. My tax is going up. I pay £115 at the mo for a 2.2i-CTDI accord, so just checkin what it will change too

Holy sh1t, your's is going up by £5!:eek::eek:

"with thirsty 4x4s, luxury cars and some sports cars hit hard. " = up £100

JHMEG wrote: »
    Holy sh1t, your's is going up by £5!:eek::eek:

"with thirsty 4x4s, luxury cars and some sports cars hit hard. " = up £100

yup im been hit very hard, an extra 5quid a year, so 120pound, compared to paying about 790 euro in the south. hmmm. ya know what, ill not buy a pine tree airfreshner and that will break me even then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Have the best of both worlds. Live in the North. Buy fuel in the South.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭alo1587

yup im been hit very hard, an extra 5quid a year, so 120pound, compared to paying about 790 euro in the south. hmmm. ya know what, ill not buy a pine tree airfreshner and that will break me even then :D

You're paying 5 pounds up north for a pine tree airfreshener??!!:D Maybe thats the only thing thats cheaper for us down south:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh the tax for an Integra 1.8 Type R is only up by £5 to £185 in the uk too, compared to a massive €1450 price increase over here come july 1st :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

draffodx wrote: »
    yeh the tax for an Integra 1.8 Type R is only up by £5 to £185 in the uk too, compared to a massive €1450 price increase over here come july 1st :rolleyes:

Your tax on the type R will be the same, taxed on CC. Even if you import one after july it will still be taxed on CC as it is not a 08 car. Now a new type R civic on the other hand, will pay dearly for tax.

Advertisement