Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotary Tool

• 12-03-2008 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

Hey guys anyone know the cheapest place to get a rotary multi purpose tool like the Dremel tools but i cannot afford Dremel so need a cheap alternative.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

B&Q do their own brand one.
    Aldi and Lidl on occasions have also done these, as i have picked up some accessories for mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

They were in Aldi in the few weeks, I saw loads of them in my local Aldi last week for €19 i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

Maplins do their own brand one which is pretty cheap. However, I'm not a big fan of Maplins' stuff very cheap construction in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

gonna head up to Aldi and B&Q later as they are close by. Will head to Maplin at weekend if i have no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

Argos had (still have?) one for around the €30 mark. Not sure about quality, but it came with a stand and a flexi attachment so you could hang the tool up and just guide the bit around your workpiece. Less tiring on the hand I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭Psychobiker

I'm still using my Argos bought thing three years later! The flexihose has begun to be in need of replacement though at this stage

Advertisement