Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some help / advice would be great...

• 12-03-2008 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi - I was just wondering, and I know this is probably a stupid question, but is there any question of needing parental consent to get the morning after pill?? Slight family crisis, so I volunteered to bring her to get it, but will it be a problem that she is underage? I've taken the MAP myself, but I was older than she is when I did, so I'm not sure how it works for teenagers? Any help would be great!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

I think up to 16 you need parental consent....sorry thats all I can offer other!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Officially a girl under 16 needs parental consent. But as far as i know a gp can assess the situation and judge whether the girl is mature enough. But this is bending the rules and can be risky to gp's. If you go with her to the doctor this might help.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭smurfette2212

I had a feeling it would be something along those lines...thanks so much though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Crazy Catlady

You might get a more helpful response in a family planning clinic or well woman centre than a with a regular GP. I'd imagine they'd be more likely to help a minor accompanied by an adult?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭smurfette2212

We went to an IFPA place, and they were really nice, and so helpful. Thanks so much for the help!

• Advertisement
Advertisement