Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The M & S in the IFSC

Options
  • 12-03-2008 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭

I've heard tell of a Marks and Spencers in the IFSC. I need a M & S crisp fix so was going to pop over tomorrow at lunchtime, the only thing is I'm not sure where it is in the IFSC.

I'll be coming from Pearse Street over the scary swaying pedestrian bridge by that CHQ place. Does anyone know where it is from there? I'm thinking it's closer and more convenient then Grafton Street.

Also, it is really tiny? Does it have a good selection?

I'm seriously craving the crisps and I'll cry if they don't have them!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mydarkstar

Is there an M & S in the IFSC??? Never seen it myself.

There's an M & B in the CHQ Building.... Meadows & Byrnes, not quite the same thing though. Unless you reallly need a quick fix of home furnishings, as you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Beside the NCI, National College of Ireland.
    South of Major Square
    Cross the bridge (dodge the cycling couriers speeding over the pedestrian bridge :mad:) and once you to the North quays, walk right towards the point.
    Then turn left

It's not tiny, decent selection but loooooong queues at peak times

winetastingmap.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

mydarkstar wrote: »
    Is there an M & S in the IFSC??? Never seen it myself.

There's an M & B in the CHQ Building.... Meadows & Byrnes, not quite the same thing though. Unless you reallly need a quick fix of home furnishings, as you do.
    I might buy a couch on a whim!
    micmclo wrote: »
    Beside the NCI, National College of Ireland.
    South of Major Square
    Cross the bridge (dodge the cycling couriers speeding over the pedestrian bridge :mad:) and once you to the North quays, walk right towards the point.
    Then turn left

winetastingmap.jpg

Thanks, love the map. It might end up being almost the same distance as Grafton Street for me but I'll give it a go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

watna wrote: »
    Thanks, love the map. It might end up being almost the same distance as Grafton Street for me but I'll give it a go!

In three years of Boards, the first time I uploaded an image succusfully, first time. Hurry for me! :).

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mydarkstar

Cheers, I've just learned something new.
    May pop in there on my way home.
    I always thought there were no supermarkets in the IFSC which would be a pain in the bum for those living there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Next door to NCI - ya cant miss it! i'll be that way myself tomorrow! M&S mash potatos mmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

watna wrote: »
    I've heard tell of a Marks and Spencers in the IFSC. I need a M & S crisp fix so was going to pop over tomorrow at lunchtime, the only thing is I'm not sure where it is in the IFSC.

I'll be coming from Pearse Street over the scary swaying pedestrian bridge by that CHQ place. Does anyone know where it is from there? I'm thinking it's closer and more convenient then Grafton Street.

Also, it is really tiny? Does it have a good selection?

I'm seriously craving the crisps and I'll cry if they don't have them!

The M&S is at the back of the former Excise Inn pub - just beside the AIB bank - its a small store just food and drink - but it has all the basics;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

jameshayes wrote: »
    Next door to NCI - ya cant miss it! i'll be that way myself tomorrow! M&S mash potatos mmm

Well maybe I'll run in to you Mr Hayes and you can buy me some crisps!
    The M&S is at the back of the former Excise Inn pub - just beside the AIB bank - its a small store just food and drink - but it has all the basics;)

But it has the nice crisps, right? :)

mmm crisps!

Advertisement