Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

If Quinn dont list it...

Options
  • 12-03-2008 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭

...will they quote it?

I'm getting a commercial vehicle, registered as commercial etc. but it doesnt come up on quinn in the commercial category.

Its a landcruiser, 2.5 TD with no back seats or rear door windows, typical commercial jeep, but as quinn dont list it on-line, do they consider it a commercial?

Can I just ring them up and get a quote that way?

Thanks.

Hope this is the right forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh you can ring them up and see, you may need your engine code and other details like that to make sure they know exactly what the vechicle is

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

hmm, anyone any experience with this?

I'll have to give it a shot, no fecking pajero's listed either in the commercial section.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

some cars may not be on the quinn system, if that happens, the underwriting dept may ask you to send in a copy of your log book for the details. happens esp with new model cars eg brera A5 etc

Ok, online I got a quote of 1100 on a land rover defender, rang quinn as the toyota landcruiser wasnt on their site as a commercial, and got 2700 as a quote?

3.0 D - 1100

2.5 TD - 2700

Sensible?

I'm going the route of registering the vehicle in a parents name as a commercial, and having myself as a named driver and paying for it all.

Is it normal to be quoted this amount of difference online and on the phone?

Out of curiosity too, can I register a normal car in the parents name, and be a named driver, but it would be an extra car to them, ie a third car.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

That whole quinn online thing is a bit of a waste of time if you ask me. I wanted a quote for my 2.5 TD pajero commercial. Its not even listed in the commercial section, the only quote I could get was in the private insurance section as a carvan body type. Then I had to select the vehicle model which is a 2.5 TD GLS 4wd carvan 5 door estate, all fine. But then it would only let me select petrol as the fuel. I mean TD stands for Turbo DIESEL, so stupid. When people come up stuff like that it annoys the hell out of me. Then even on the phone she tried to tell me I was wrong, I wish they could get people who new what they were talking about, and not just going on what the computer says.

FBD sorted it in the end, they had a cheaper quote, a better standard policy and they new what they were on about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

computer_says_no.jpg

Had a look in the private vehicle section and its there,

Reasonable quote, but can one individual hold a private policy on two cars, with one being used by a named driver?
    The private policy would be in the name of a parent, who already has insurance on a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yes you can but one policy will be a whole fresh new policy, any ncb from the other policy will not be applied to the new policy

draffodx wrote: »
    yes you can but one policy will be a whole fresh new policy, any ncb from the other policy will not be applied to the new policy

Shower of b*stards.

Ah feck anyway, its a bloody comercial vehicle, why cant they get things straight.

They have the isuzu trooper in comercials, why not the toyota landcruiser?

I'm assuming the landcruiser would be less troublesome than an isuzu.

Advertisement