Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

powdered milk

• 12-03-2008 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Is this available in this country? I was thinking of taking it hiking, where can i get it, and does it taste anything like normal milk?

Comments

You should be able to find powdered skimmed milk in any supermarket.
    I know people who use it and they say it is fine.
    They tend to keep it near the custard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I have found some in Dunnes Stores in Cornelscourt. It's made by Dawn and it's in a cream coloured plastic 'milk bottle' shaped container. It's pretty well hidden right down at the bottom of a shelf. As for the taste, I have no idea, I just use it in my breadmaker recipes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,461 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

superquinn stock it too, dawn milk bottle as above, its near the tea and coffee, beside the coffee mate, horlicks etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yep, alongside the coffee, milkshake mix, and cocoa in my tesco. Also sometimes in with the organic foods.
    does it taste anything like normal milk?
    Horrible stuff on its own. Really for cooking or adding to coffee or tea in a pinch.

If you wanted it for hiking, I would get some sort of powdered recovery/energy drink stuff. This irish place is cheap and free delivery.

www.pronutrition.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Does anyone know who sells non-fat dry milk powder in Dublin? I've looked in a few places and can't find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Thanks, didn't think to include "powdered" in my search :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Merged.

Advertisement