Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any way of typing the LC?

Options
  • 12-03-2008 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I am an excellent typist for the most part, lighting speed (all the years of practice on MSN) - my handwriting however, lost me some marks for illegibility in the mocks! Is there any way that I can talk to a guidance counsellor and possibly type my exams? (specifically heavily written ones like English/History/Geography) Or do you have to have special needs? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

That'd be damn handy! English would be so easy if I could just type it...

• Registered Users Posts: 83,534 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Oh that would be splendid... but no. Sadly you have to take your mad typing skills and pick up the old pen and paper. Even in my programming exams I have to do it: its mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭nerdysal

You can get a scribe if your writing is really bad. (someone writes it for you) but unfortunetly I think the closing date for all that sort of stuff was mid-February!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

nerdysal wrote: »
    You can get a scribe if your writing is really bad. (someone writes it for you) but unfortunetly I think the closing date for all that sort of stuff was mid-February!

You'd also have to have an assessment stating that you suffered from a condition which made it difficult for you to write, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

My friend has something wrong with his eyes so he gets to type his, but thats a medical reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Surely if you had an accident or something though they'd have to do something? Stick a cast on your arm OP and you're sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

That would be really awkward...I wouldn't be able to concentrate at all! How would that work for english though..would they ask you to spell specific words?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭afatbollix

i got to type teo years ago, but ive dyselxia... got a laptops off the school as well ;) you have to have a assisment and you need to aply early ( i prob did in 5th year as thats when i got the laptop) also got my own room so i could walk around if i got too stressed..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

anto-t wrote: »
    i got to type teo years ago, but ive dyselxia... got a laptops off the school as well ;) you have to have a assisment and you need to aply early ( i prob did in 5th year as thats when i got the laptop) also got my own room so i could walk around if i got too stressed..
    Ya I know a guy with eye sight problems that has to do it on a computer (like really bad eyesight has to use software to make everything bigger), he has a assistant
    Would be very handy especially for english, would rid the nation of spelling mistakes...
    But they would have to work out some system because they couldnt have 50,000 assistants.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 x_Ashy_x

my boyfriend is dyslexic and because his writing is so hard to read he gets to type it...hes big into computers n can type a full essay quicker than i can write my first paragraph lol but yea yav t apply for it really early n ya can apply for readers n a laptop too

• Advertisement
Advertisement