Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First with the news:Tara protesters to be removed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

The f*cking idiot. She's endangering her own life as well as forcing the gardai to take responsibility for her life.

I've supported their cause (I dislike builders/the government possibly more than I do radical hippies) but if thats the sort of crap they're coming up with they can go to hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm with the hippies too. This government are destroying an international treasure.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Trojan911 wrote: »
    It will just be a waiting game now. But for the safety of the Gardai they would do well to stay back from this tunnel, if it collapses in the meantime, then unlucky. She knows the risks as do her fellow protesters, can't moan if she dies.
    Don't you get it - dont ANY of you get it?! She's trying to hilight the IMPORTANCE of Tara by risking her life - would any of you do the same for anything in your lives? If she is hurt it will be the fault of the Government and the bad actions of the Gaurds/Fire Brigade. They KNOW she is there and why they are doing is ILLEGAL!

It is NO SMALL coincidence that there is a court case going on TODAY to decide whether or not to make an Emergency Injunction to halt all works at Rath Lugh and making it permanent - dont be fooled. Our government will take you for fools if you let them!

(I am more the fool for bothering on AH but I cant help it)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Jesjes wrote: »
    Don't you get it - dont ANY of you get it?! She's trying to hilight the IMPORTANCE of Tara by risking her life - would any of you do the same for anything in your lives? If she is hurt it will be the fault of the Government and the bad actions of the Gaurds/Fire Brigade. They KNOW she is there and why they are doing is ILLEGAL!

It is NO SMALL coincidence that there is a court case going on TODAY to decide whether or not to make this permanent - dont be fooled. Our government will take you for fools if you let them!

She is putting not only her life in danger but most likely the lives of the Gardai/ Fire Brigade that will no doubt have to bravely enter the tunnel to free her from this stupid stunt. It is one thing protesting but putting your life and the lives of the emergency services at risk is a whole different level of stupidity.

Don't try and dress this up as anything more than a juvenile stunt to get attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

woooo232 wrote: »
    She is putting not only her life in danger but most likely the lives of the Gardai/ Fire Brigade that will no doubt have to bravely enter the tunnel to free her from this stupid stunt. It is one thing protesting but putting your life and the lives of the emergency services at risk is a whole different level of stupidity.

Don't try and dress this up as anything more than a juvenile stunt to get attention.

+1. She's a ****ing idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Hang on a second. There is an injunction on that piece of land. THEY SHOULDNT BE THERE at all. They dont NEED to save her - she's fine in there and will come out on her own accord when The Tara Valley and Rath Lugh are safe! THEY are endangering her life by BREAKING THE LAW and being there.

There is a court case happening TODAY to decide whether to make this injunction permanent or not - this is not a joke. She realises the seriousness of her action and it is not a juvenile stunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

would any of you do the same for anything in your lives?

No, not for a mound of earth.
    Our government will take you for fools if you let them!

They already are doing that in other areas.

Same here.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

there were protest against the wto or something in geneva a few years ago, protestors had hung themselves on ropes across bridge over the side one holding the other up, to block the traffic, a cop comes along looks over side sees the situation, see the drop, gets knife and cuts the rope, one of the protestors hanging on the rope is saved by those on the bridge catching the rope the other plummets and breaks his pelvis along with many other bones,

who's fault is it that he got injured, remember the police looked over side saw the situation and decided to cut the rope...

No, not for a mound of earth.

Well isnt that something to respect? That she can see more than a mound of earth? That she sees our heritage and our culture at risk for the sake saving 20minutes on a double toll road? (I know I know, we need the infrastructure - the point is we could have gotten THAT without all this.)

They already are doing that in other areas.

Excatly, so why oh why would they be doing anything different with the Tara Valley / M3 issue?
    Same here.... :D
    I am still replying - obviously I am the bigger fool! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

there were protest against the wto or something in geneva a few years ago, protestors had hung themselves on ropes across bridge over the side one holding the other up, to block the traffic, a cop comes along looks over side sees the situation, see the drop, gets knife and cuts the rope, one of the protestors hanging on the rope is saved by those on the bridge catching the rope the other plummets and breaks his pelvis along with many other bones,

who's fault is it that he got injured, remember the police looked over side saw the situation and decided to cut the rope...

That's like asking if I knowingly run in front of a lorry and endanger my life, who is at fault? Me, or the lorry driver?

• Advertisement

That is COMPLETELY different to this.
    You're saying she should take responsibility for endangering her life and those who have to save her - I GET THAT.

Do you get this: They shouldnt be there at all - there is an injunction on the land - it is in court today - this is our corrupt government being underhanded as usual - she doesnt NEED to be saved.

She is there in case of a situation just like this. If she wasnt there they might have already paved over it. You should be grateful for her bravery - not disregarding it as an act of foolishness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

What she is doing sounds stupid and childish to me.

She's dead right. It's a disgrace that it takes someone putting they're life's on the line to get through to this government and the money behind this road.

This government puts more planing into what they're having for lunch than our transport networks. They're absolutely useless at planing. They probably made out the plans for this road without realising that Tara was even there. Now they're to stubborn and pig headed to admit they're wrong and back off.

You're saying she should take responsibility for endangering her life and those who have to save her - I GET THAT.

Do you get this: They shouldnt be there at all - there is an injunction on the land - it is in court today - this is our corrupt government being underhanded as usual - she doesnt NEED to be saved.

She is there in case of a situation just like this. If she wasnt there they might have already paved over it. You should be grateful for her bravery - not disregarding it as an act of foolishness.

We get your point. No NEED for the caps!!

From what I understand she is in a tunnel that will collapse if she is freed from it? Hardly sounds like the most stable tunnel to me. She is endangering her life for very little.

There is probably no point getting into this, but they are not actually putting the road through the Hill of Tara are they? Fair enough it is near but it is not right through the hill or anything.

What if the court injunction goes against her and the works are to go ahead? Will she willingly get out of the way then? If she remains and is to be removed by the gardai, she is putting their lives and/or careers at risk too, as well as her own. I've seen the behaviour of gardai at protests before, its been disgraceful at times, but she is only baiting them in an extreme and dangerous manner. To call this woman brave is just ridiculous.

I support the re-routing of the M3 away from this site, by the way, but this woman's actions are inexcusable and will only serve to destroy the work of those who are protesting in a responsible manner.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Get em out of there and jail them if needs be!
    darkman2 wrote: »
    What she is doing sounds stupid and childish to me.

I totally agree.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Good point Cornbb

If the court allows construction procreed - she WILL get out immediately we all presume?

There is probably no point getting into this, but they are not actually putting the road through the Hill of Tara are they? Fair enough it is near but it is not right through the hill or anything.
    It's not going right through from what I know but the whole area is a historical site and they've already had to stop on a number of occasions because they came across artifacts and settlements.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

RTE News at 1 reported that one woman has been arrested, and no mention of anyone still being under any tunnel.

We get your point. No NEED for the caps!!

From what I understand she is in a tunnel that will collapse if she is freed from it? Hardly sounds like the most stable tunnel to me. She is endangering her life for very little.

Pardon the CAPS, I cant help it when I am worked up...

The fact that you dont get that its not on the Hill of Tara demonstrates how little you know about the whole issue.

Right now it is damaging Rath Lugh (do your own research on the importance of there) and its damaging the whole landscape.

Tara is more than just a hill.
    cornbb wrote: »
    What if the court injunction goes against her and the works are to go ahead? Will she willingly get out of the way then? If she remains and is to be removed by the gardai, she is putting their lives and/or careers at risk too, as well as her own. I've seen the behaviour of gardai at protests before, its been disgraceful at times, but she is only baiting them in an extreme and dangerous manner. To call this woman brave is just ridiculous.

I support the re-routing of the M3 away from this site, by the way, but this woman's actions are inexcusable and will only serve to destroy the work of those who are protesting in a responsible manner.

I support the re-routing of the M3, in fact I think if it doesnt happen our government will destroy our heritage given the first chance - this woman is not giving them that chance and for me that is respectable. If she wasnt there they'd already have done the damage before the preservation order could have been made permanent - they would have been underhanded just they way there where when Roche signed saying the henge wasn't of enough archaeological significance before Gormley could get into office.
    darkman2 wrote: »
    Good point Cornbb

If the court allows construction procreed - she WILL get out immediately we all presume?

I hope not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

SheroN wrote: »
    That's like asking if I knowingly run in front of a lorry and endanger my life, who is at fault? Me, or the lorry driver?
    Not really, it's a matter of who was there first, tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 201 ✭✭Rodney Trotter

So we have a vandal (woman who has dug an illegal tunnel) who has put her own life in danger, protesting about others trespassing on a piece of land? How ironic?

All these useless fookers protesting about monuments they know nothing about,that would never have been uncovered if it wasn't for the road.

Move in on Tuesdays, I say, when the fekkers are off collecting the dole, you know the dole paid for out of people's wages, i.e. people who actually work.

If the woman with the chained neck comes to any harm, she, alone, will be responsible, 100%. Dumb b1tch!

Attack the post not the posters is a rule of this forum... god forbid this woman should be posting here for she would surely be insulted.

I am not going to argue with you Mr.Trotter as surely as you can insult someone who protects your heritage I will assume there is no way you would ever consider the possibility that you are wrong or see the bigger picture and risk to our culture. You, like so many others are the reason this country is the way it is ( hah, I wonder if that counts as an insult ).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,571 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

@ Jesjes and Scumlord

What exactly do you find so treasured about something that appears to be nothing more than a hole in the ground?

I am not going to argue with you Mr.Trotter as surely as you can insult someone who protects your heritage I will assume there is no way you would ever consider the possibility that you are wrong or see the bigger picture and risk to our culture. You, like so many others are the reason this country is the way it is ( hah, I wonder if that counts as an insult ).
    Ahh now, our heritage? Come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It is NO SMALL coincidence that there is a court case going on TODAY to decide whether or not to make an Emergency Injunction to halt all works at Rath Lugh and making it permanent - dont be fooled. Our government will take you for fools if you let them!

Much as I am disappointed about Tara it is not something worth dying for. There are many things I would risk my life for and most of those involve people who are important to me. This is just embarrassing stupidity.

I support the re-routing of the M3, in fact I think if it doesnt happen our government will destroy our heritage given the first chance - this woman is not giving them that chance and for me that is respectable.

One person endangering her own life and the lives of others in not a "respectable" or moral way to either change government policy or enforce court orders. It is neither heroic nor democratic. She and her supporters need to campaign in a responsible manner. Her actions makes them look like dangerous radicals to any reasonable, moderate people who support the same cause - her actions will damage her cause more than it helps it.

If the government want to continue what they are doing, a single idiot is not going to stop them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Attack the post not the posters is a rule of this forum... god forbid this woman should be posting here for she would surely be insulted.

Does she have internet in the tunnel?

Edit: almost every part of this country has been inhabited at some point in history. This would suggest that any alternative route for the motorway would also happen to uncover some previously unknown artefact.
    Farmers ploughing fields disturb much more square km's of Ireland every day - why don't these people go dig their holes in farms?
    Tree roots destroy artefacts, should all trees be burnt down because of this?

I think these muppets should be ......(deleted)....... too graphic even for AH

stevec wrote: »

Thankfully according to the 1 o'clock news on RTE she has been arrested so hopefully is on her way to jail.

@jesjes... I googled Rath Lugh like you suggested but all I found was websites saying how terrible it is that it may be damaged by the road but none saying why it is so important. Why don't you tell us what exactly is so important about this monument?

@ Jesjes and Scumlord

What exactly do you find so treasured about something that appears to be nothing more than a hole in the ground?

Ahh now, our heritage? Come on!

Again, if you dont get it and you make no effort to get it, then it is pointless trying to convince you that you have a heritage and a culture worth fighting for. Trying to convince you that Tara/Skryne/The Valley are intimately connected to those things would be an even bigger battle that would obviously be wasted on you.
    is_that_so wrote: »
    Much as I am disappointed about Tara it is not something worth dying for. There are many things I would risk my life for and most of those involve people who are important to me. This is just embarrassing stupidity.

Well it is worth it for some people. Though, I think the resounding hope is that she WONT die.
    cornbb wrote: »
    One person endangering her own life and the lives of others in not a "respectable" or moral way to either change government policy or enforce court orders. It is neither heroic nor democratic. She and her supporters need to campaign in a responsible manner. Her actions makes them look like dangerous radicals to any reasonable, moderate people who support the same cause - her actions will damage her cause more than it helps it.

If the government want to continue what they are doing, a single idiot is not going to stop them.

She is not endangering the lives of others if they back off, in fact her life is only in danger when they park huge trucks and such on the (albeit temporarily) Protected Monument.

This campaign has been going on for five years - it has been respectable, it has been patient, it has tried to change policy and get court orders in the right way - the fact of the matter is for five years no one in Government has done a tap to Save the Tara Valley and if it was not for these Protectors (not protesters) on Tara and "the girl in the tunnel" they would have paved over it already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,571 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

stevec wrote: »
    Yup. She is obviously using SSH tunneling

Advertisement