Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the age gap between you and your partner?

Options
  • 13-03-2008 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭

I was reading a thread in PI about "age gap" and wondered what the average age gap is? (here on boards anyway ;))

My husband is 2 yrs older than me, but a girl i work with
    is married to a man 18 years older than her.
    She is 38 and around 20 yrs married. One of the happiest couples i know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Popel

I actually tried to reply to that topic in PI, but couldn´t get past security... I´m not a frequent user.

My partner is twelve years older than I am.

For some reason.....I've always dated men who are six years older.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

19 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

im 7 months older than him. not really any gap..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

4.5 yrs
    I'm nearly 28, he's 32.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

He is 3 year 5 months older than me... That 5 months where I am 4 years younger is very important...:D

I was 15 when I first met him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

I'm 22, the boyf is 20, though doesn't look/act it. I always forget he's younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Mrs. D'arcy

There's exactly a year between us but he's a year younger, which I do notice from time to time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Crazy Catlady

I'm a year and a half older.
    I'm also A LOT greyer.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

He's 1 year and 9 months older than me. I'm 24 and he turns 26 next month. I think it's just right!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I'm 24 and he's 27. My age makes him feel a bit better about himself...he can still get the young ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I'm a year and 4 months older than him, he's 25, I'm 26. First guy I've gone out with that's younger than me. Not by much but I'm used to always going out with someone at least 3 years older than me. Doesn't make any difference though, I'm more immature than him!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

I'm nearly 4 months younger! Not a whole lotta difference there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

Im 23 and he's 26! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

I'm 27.5, he's just gone 31.

3 and a half years between us

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

He's a year and 3 months older than me. I'm 20, he's 22 next month.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I am 5 years Older then my OH, he is 28 and i am 33 - i got me a toy boy :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm older by 13 days,m but I'm way more mature :p:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Aimee_gleeson

I just turned 20 in feb and hes 23 in Sept so 2 and half years or so between us :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

I'm 21,he's 23

I used to go to college with a girl who was 24 and her bf was 35..bad thing was that she seemed to have a bit of a screw loose in the head or had something a little off about her and she had the mind of a 16 year old... they didn't stay together too long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

She's 2years 4months older than me. She lies my age up so much to minimise the gap that I got confused about what age I actually was for a while! I love winding her up from June to September when the gap is 3years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

I'm 24 he's 26 almost 27 - nothing much to report!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

Not much of a difference - he's 6 months older than me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Featherl

I was 22 in November and he is 25 in May

He is 8 and a half year older than me :D
    I'm 22 (soon to be 23) He is 31
    You'd swear we were both 16 though sometimes the way we go on:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

He is 25 this year .. I am 27 this year ... he acts way more mature than me :) im the stroppy baby of our relationship :D:D
    I hate that he is younger it makes me self conscious! :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

She Devil wrote: »
    He is 25 this year .. I am 27 this year ... he acts way more mature than me :) im the stroppy baby of our relationship :D:D

its only 2 years - try a 5 year age difference, him and his mates talking about their year out in Australia and asking if i have been, you want to see their face drop when i said "yeah, 8 years ago"!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

well im going out with an older guy....of 4 months. but years ago i was seeing somone twice my age. i was 20 and he was 40. we were together for 18 months. not bad considering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

I'm a year older than my fella - only one week where we are the same age and then its back to being a year older again :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

She Devil wrote: »

Yeah I don't like it either and it's stupid, it's only a year...it makes no difference whatsoever but I'd just prefer if he was older. But if that's the only thing I don't like about him I'll take it! :)

Advertisement