Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the age gap between you and your partner?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Noteb

eight years between us- he is older- knows how to treat a girl and i could nt be happier! I am with him 3 years. I am in my thirties, and would recommend an older guy any day! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

In my thirties and he's 3 yrs younger.. He likes to call me 'ma' sometimes to rub it in.. Men!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

1 year and 4 days, he's practivally a child molester!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'm 22, she's 17, people can judge all they want, we've been going strong for 4 years.

Sorry but you being 18 and her 13 is just wrong in so many ways. Can't believe her parents would allow that sort of sh*t.

Anyway OT, there's a month between us. I went 23 on the 1st of this month and she's 23 on the 2nd of next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Sorry but you being 18 and her 13 is just wrong in so many ways. Can't believe her parents would allow that sort of sh*t.

Okay looking at it that way maybe it is a bit messed up.....not for the age they are now but 18 and 13? Out of interest how did her parents allow that??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

A year and a half. Im 19 since November, and he'll be 21 in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

8 yrs between me and my OH. I'm 27 he's 35 this year. One of his favourite lines is that you are 'as young as the woman you feel'.

He threatens that he'll throw a suprise party for my 30th but I have warned him of he does I will have 2 years to plot his 40th!!! That usually shuts him up pretty quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

8 years and a few months. He'll be 34 in July, I'll be 26 in November. (Feck I'll be 26 in November:eek:)
    Last bf, I was 2 years and a day younger than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭katieboo

Love this thread. I have been seeing a guy who is nearly 4 years younger recently. I will be 32 soon and he is nearly 28. I was starting to feel a bit like a craddle robber but i'm feeling much better about that now having seen some of the age gaps here :p He's fit so i think i will carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Both 23, I'm 8 days older than her. Shortest gap so far on the thread I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

There is 2 years between me and my other half. I'm older then him, so he's my big hunky toy boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭TiptoeMushroom

He is 26 in Oct & I'll be 22 in Aug.

3yrs, 10months.

Perfect gap i think :D

He is 26 in Oct & I'll be 22 in Aug.

3yrs, 10months.

Perfect gap i think :D

Technically the perfect gap is for him to be 5 years 2 months and 12 days younger.
    So you can cash in your chips at the same time. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Xavi6 wrote: »

Anyway OT, there's a month between us. I went 23 on the 1st of this month and she's 23 on the 2nd of next.

was joking, it's only been two months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

I'll be 30 in june and he's turning 22 next week. It's kinda stange, but it's also GREAT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Both 23, I'm 8 days older than her. Shortest gap so far on the thread I think

He's older by 5 days :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

He's 364 days older than me!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Mrs_Doyle wrote: »
    There is 2 years between me and my other half. I'm older then him, so he's my big hunky toy boy!

:eek: My better half is 2 years older than me. You're not her, are you? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ACuriousGirl

Mine's eight years older, but after 15 years together, don't even notice it anymore & we both look young anyway.
    :rolleyes:

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

my ex was 14 years older then me. older men are great, but I also discovered there was more to him than meets the eye, like a missus and 2 kids!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ouch! ^^^:eek:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

it kinda was. but tis all over and in the past. just makes you more aware of what u get into.

I still prefere the older man though. . :D

Um what exactly do you find so good about older men Chew chew? After that expierence?

I've come to the very harsh conclusion that if your single after a certain age, it is with good reason. Buyer beware.
    Any older men I would date are in that bracket now.

something attracts me to older men. I cant explain it really. not the experience level there is just a sexiness that older guys have.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Um what exactly do you find so good about older men Chew chew? After that expierence?

I've come to the very harsh conclusion that if your single after a certain age, it is with good reason. Buyer beware.
    Any older men I would date are in that bracket now.

But what happens if you end up in the "single after a certain age" bracket and what is that bracket 30, 35, 45, 50? i dont think you can judge all men like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

He's 6 years and 2 days older! We're together nearly 22 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

ChewChew wrote: »
    my ex was 14 years older then me. older men are great, but I also discovered there was more to him than meets the eye, like a missus and 2 kids!!!

:eek:Damn!:mad:
    Hope you gave him a piece of your mind (knee to the crotch would probably also be more than excusable in this instance too)!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Moonbaby wrote: »
    The thing is ChewChew's guy wasn't single, yet he was clearly a muppet. I do know what you mean and can understand the reasoning behind it, but as irishbird points out what is the cutoff age.

It's a hard one to call. I certainly can see both sides of your conclusion in men and women I know. In some it's just that they haven't met the particular man or woman for them. They've been through a few and they didn't take for one reason or the other. I know a woman that didn't get married until she was 40. She is a very well balanced and good looking woman too(proper goodlooking too, not just averagely pretty). There was no reason beyond looking for the right person for her. I can think of men that fall into that category too. I also know men and women who do fit your conclusion though. Then again I also know men and women in couples that are well dodgy emotionally.
    farohar wrote:
    Hope you gave him a piece of your mind (knee to the crotch would probably also be more than excusable in this instance too)!
    I'm against crotchal attack on general principle, but yea, I'd go along with that...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Mine is a year and a half older than me!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

have to say, would disagree, Chew Chew. given my fella's a fair bit older and stuff, and a lot of his mates would also be single (though two of them have finally hooked up after months of will-they/wont-they, bless!), and the main reason is that they've either not met the right person yet, or they've spent years with someone who screwed them over in the end. my fella thought he'd marry his ex, and she ended up sleeping around. so many years down the drain there, and he kidna just lost interest in the whole dating/love thing after that.

Advertisement