Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun clubs in clare

Options
  • 13-03-2008 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭

hi , how would i go about joining a gun club in clare :confused: , anyone know of any good ones, thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

In the same position myself, every parish seems to have one (Lisdoon, Burren, Ennis, Kilrush etc.) but no-one knows who to contact about joining.... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭bogteal

In the same position myself, every parish seems to have one (Lisdoon, Burren, Ennis, Kilrush etc.) but no-one knows who to contact about joining.... :confused:
    Where are you living should be able to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

ya thats the problem im living in the only parish in clare without a club :(

bogteal wrote: »
    Where are you living should be able to help you out.

Lisdoon / Kilfenora area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

ya im in kilnamona area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭bogteal

Lisdoon / Kilfenora area.

Mullagh or Ennis take your pick, how come you do not join Kilfenora

bogteal wrote: »
    Mullagh or Ennis take your pick, how come you do not join Kilfenora

As said before, no-one seems to know who to contact!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭tiny-nioclas

ring the NARGC head office, they'd have contact numbers for every area i presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,356 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Does anybody know the nargc stance of joining two clubs?
    Im looking at joining another club, not sure if its possible

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Mellor wrote: »
    Does anybody know the nargc stance of joining two clubs?
    Im looking at joining another club, not sure if its possible

Shouldn't be a problem. I'm in three different game clubs but only insured in one. The other two are happy to take my annual fee once I show my NARGC card. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter how many clubs you're in, you can only be in one field at a time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,356 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Shouldn't be a problem. I'm in three different game clubs but only insured in one. The other two are happy to take my annual fee once I show my NARGC card. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter how many clubs you're in, you can only be in one field at a time.
    No for my second question,
    any clubs in the kildare area taking on new members.
    Our current club is falling apart, not their fault, just losing alot of land each year to development (whch also makes wildlife levels drop in surrounding land)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

davy_b wrote: »
    hi , how would i go about joining a gun club in clare :confused: , anyone know of any good ones, thanks a lot

It's always a problem trying to track down the right people in game clubs. One solution might be to go to the clay ground in Ennis (contact details here http://www.icpsa.ie/contactus/545.html) when there's a shoot or a practise session on. A lot of game shooters shoot clays after the game season and you're bound to come across a club member there.

Another solution is to take to the fields with your gun and dog and they'll contact you soon enough! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

davy_b wrote: »
    ya thats the problem im living in the only parish in clare without a club :(

Would you ever consider setting up your own club? Once you get 5 members the NARGC will accept you as a club..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Asked a family friend about this as and he said most parish gun clubs were gone nowadays. The only one he knew that was still active was in Tubber.

Anyone get in contact with the clay ground in Ennis?

Advertisement