Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

halls in limerick

Options
  • 13-03-2008 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Im looking for a hall/venue to rent a few times a week in Limerick city for a martial arts class. Does anybody have any ideas about halls avaliable in the city? I'm coming up with nothing myself. Thanks-Fergal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Shannon Rowing Club might be able to accomodate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Grove Island is kind of "city fringe" but has an indoor hall that can be hired. There is already a martial arts class (Galligans Tang Soo Do) on there every Sunday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Limerick School project on O'Connell ave. I know some kick boxing people use it at w/ends. Reasonable rates, timber floor and the school needs the money. You'll find their number on their web site.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭fergal_q

Thanks a lot everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 munster65

6500 sq ft hall coming on line in milford later this year , if your interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭sineadgalway

st. enda's is 40 euro an hour but you have to get you own insurance...

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

UL has a couple of halls in the old sports builbing. The colleges various martial arts clubs already use these halls so all the mats and the like are already there. Not sure about the prices though.
    LIT also have 2 sports halls on their campus in Moylish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

I thought it would be best to use this thread instead of making a new one. Do any of you know of halls in the Raheen/Dooradoyle area that would be available to rent for a martial arts club?

Also how much are hall rentals in Limerick on average?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

there's loads! The Crescent Comp/St Pauls N.S./Mungret N.S./ Garryowen RFC / Mungret St Pauls GAA.

Maybe even try Raheen Church's community centre

Thanks, Ive emailed the cresent comp and st pauls. I'll look for contacts for the others tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

It might be the wrong side of the city but the scout hall in shannon banks, corbally probably can be rented too.

It might be the wrong side of the city but the scout hall in shannon banks, corbally probably can be rented too.
    I'm going for Dooradolye because I live and work there and I don't have a car at the moment.

cooperguy wrote: »
    I have a car & full licence now so I could use that hall. Do you have a contact number or website for them?

Advertisement