Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What will my new car cost post-July? ***READ ME***

Options
  • 13-03-2008 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭

It is getting frustrating reading SO MANY "how much will my car cost after July?" threads - read the first two pages and last two pages of the E92s wonderful sticky and you'll know everything!!

This is a spreadsheet that will tell you (approximately) what your car will cost post-July. You'll need the current pricing, cc and CO2 emissions for your potential car. It will compare 10 cars for you, so you can narrow your choices.

This spreadsheet assumes that the pre-tax prices and specs don't change. If they do, you'll have to do your own value comparison for the car.

This won't work for imports, only new cars. That's a different thread (that already exists).

E92, feel free to stick this in your sticky or use the calculations if you think it helps. Thanks go to R.O.R for doing the actual work :).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,420 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Very nice, AudiChris!

Nothing beats a good vlookup :cool:

Now may I suggest a few things? The only fields the user needs to input in the worksheet are the CC, CO2, recommended retail price and delivery charge. To make it more realistic and user friendly, maybe change the inputs to 1.6 (as 1.6 litre instead of 1594cc), keep CO2 (the user will need to look this up anyway unless you add another marvellous vlookup :D) and RRP. Then skip the delivery charge and base the VRT and nett price on the (more realistic) OMSP percentage.

What this means for your example:

Fill in 1.6l. Fill in CO2 of 169 and fill in RRP of €27.4k. That's enough to calculate old motor tax (1.6 meaning more than 1,500cc but less than 1,600cc), new motor tax (based on your vlookup of CO2), old VRT (based on old percentage applied to OMSP), old realistic selling price (OMSP), new VRT (based on new percentage applied to OMSP) and new realistic selling price (OMSP)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

AudiChris wrote: »
    Thanks go to R.O.R for doing the actual work :).

Always a pleasure - sure, if you don't use it it just a waste of learning!
    unkel wrote: »
    Very nice, AudiChris!

Nothing beats a good vlookup :cool:

Unkel, I think you'll find a multi-nested IF function always tops a VLOOKUP :D

I'd leave it with the actual cc rather than 1.6 etc. As people have to look up the CO2 emissions then they might as well get the engine size as well. Will prevent issues with cars like the Alfa/Opel/Saab/Fiat 1.9's and the most of the BMW range where the last 2 digits bare no resemblence to the engine size any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 audia3140bhp

check this out it will tell you, your vrt rate before/after july
    www.vrt.ie

there is also a motor tax calc there...., AFAIK new motor tax will not apply to used cars imported/registered after July

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

check this out it will tell you, your vrt rate before/after july
    www.vrt.ie

there is also a motor tax calc there...., AFAIK new motor tax will not apply to used cars imported/registered after July
    That site by and large is quite poorly done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

+1

I just tried to get the new pricing for an Audi A4 1.8TFSI. Not listed.
    I could however choose an A5 saloon (doesn't exist).

Seems to be more about Google ads than VRT. Needs serious cleaning up.

Easy Complete function is pointless.
    You also need proof-reading in the FAQ section

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The Excel file is good but I would have column b (and possibly some more) populated using drop downs created through data validation. Less chance of a user getting a not listed car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

JHMEG wrote: »
    That site by and large is quite poorly done.

True. The lay out is (as Eddie O Sullivan would say) SHOCKING

It's a pity though because behind it, there is actually some useful information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

kbannon wrote: »
    The Excel file is good but I would have column b (and possibly some more) populated using drop downs created through data validation. Less chance of a user getting a not listed car.

I have that here (thanks to R.O.R's sterling work again), but it's 1.4MB so it won't upload...

Also it adds in the possibility of our make/model/price file having an error in it, whereas if you have a couple of cars you're comparing for purchase you can rattle in the details into the spreadsheet.

It's more of a ready-reckoner to keep you and the salesperson on an even footing, use E92's master sheet to see general trends and pricing across all models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 330Head

There is a nice VRT Calculator at Irish VRT.ie

It breaks down the cars tax and vrt and you can put in your own price as an option. It would be great if they incorporated the prices into it

Advertisement