Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mains water off this morning?

Options
  • 13-03-2008 9:46am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else in Balbriggan have no mains water this morning @ around 7/7:30? It is normally back fine by then:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Ahhh...that explains why I got scaulded in the shower this morning... Yes, I think our mains was off as well.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Fingal co co water services is 8905900 in case anyone wants to ring them,but normally who ever you speak to there will be completely unfamiliar with our water issues.

I have forgotten the water depot number so if anyone has it I would be greatfuil if you could give it to me please?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The water Dept in Fingal coco got back to me.

There is a burst mains in Balbriggan and they are working on it,there is no time to fix known yet.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Water Services: 8906210
    Swords Depot: 8905963
    Ballycoolen Depot: 8694900

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

I rang 1st thing too - mains pipe burst and they " expect " to have service restored at lunchtime.
    Considering I've no water from midnight every night it's an awful pain.

Also did anyone else in the Balbriggan area get a warning notice off Fingal for having their wheelie bins out the front of their house ?
    I did - apparantly I can't leave it at my front door as it's blocking a footpath - which technically is correct but the bins are in the recess of my front door so why anyone would be in there apart from me is baffling.

Think I'll just have to lug it in and out now !

• Advertisement

lol,
    I keep mine out the back garden:)
    I wonder did the people who park on the pavement or the people that block the roads by parking their cars on them get them too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Always wondered about leaving bins outside all the time, is it not a bit of a risk with regards to identity theft?

back on topic, the water was gone also in baronshall, it seems to be back now although it's a bit spultery at the moment, chances are it's just an airlock from this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

I shred any personal documents at work - never leave anything like that in the green bin or otherwise.
    It's def a consideration though Gilo

Advertisement