Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Test Route in Clonshaugh

Options
  • 13-03-2008 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know the route for the driving test in Clonshaugh? Its with SGS.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭chicoben

There's an SGS in Clonsaugh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 catz62

Did you have your driving test yet? Did you find out where test routes are in Clonshough?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Its my friend that is doing her test in Clonshaugh, she did have it for this saturday but they cancelled it and re-arranged it cos one of the testers was ill. Will post test route when she has done it but hopefully someone will post first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Xanthos

Hi,

I'd be eager to see the route too - I'm being tested there in may.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

There is no actual route as far as i know, they could bring you anywhere within a 5mile radius of test centre. Although saying that most likely route is left turn out of clonshaugh industrial estate towards coolock, seeing as there is an sgs centre in ballymun and that direction (i.e. the left turn).
    Or at least they are the wise words of my instructor! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

Just applied on www.drivingtest.ie last week to do my test... I didn't get the option to pick the SGS centre in Clonshaugh... only options near me were Finglas or Raheny...

Does anyone know if I can change to the Clonshaugh centre?

Your details have to be passed on to an SGS Centre for you to be able to apply to do your test in Clonshaugh. If you ring the RSA and give them your reference / candidate number they should be able to tell you if your details have been passed on.

My friend sat her test yesterday. She came out of test centre, up the Oscar Traynor Road, into a housing estate at the back of Northside Shopping Centre (don’t know which one), did reversing around the corner there (on a hill!!!), went to another housing estate for the turnabout, ended up on the road that brings you parallel with the Tayto Factory, took the right up to Artane, through the roundabout and back to the test centre. It’s the best she can remember, it was all a blur!! She passed with flying colours :D

Word of warning – test centre is on a hill, very hard to park!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Just booked Clonshaugh for the mrs. Can anyone post routes? Searched and could only find this thread. Loads of routes for Swords posted but just 1 for Clonshaugh.

I know they can bring you anywhere but some examples would be nice. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭deco_b

Just passed my test today for Clonshaugh. This is the route I was taken on. I didnt expect to go this way, only went this way once on my last pretest last night but it wasnt bad at all. Can recommend very good instructor for pretest if you dont have one.

Hope it helps, if i had the time i would do a route on google maps but this should do fine, any extra helps :)
    • turn left out of the industrial estate onto oscar traynor road
    • first left at traffic lights onto clonshaugh rd
    • 2nd exit at small roundabout onto riverside rd
    • follow around to riverside drive, stops here to do hill start i think. not much of a hill
    • right at end of riverside drive, then right again onto riverside park
    • straight down and 1st left onto glin dr
    • 1st right onto glin ave
    • stop before 1st left turn (will ask to drive up past turn for reverse around corner)
    • left glin ave / glin rd junction
    • next right onto macroom road
    • continue straight all the way to end of road and take 1st right onto greencastle ave
    • 1st exit at mini roundabout onto greencastle rd
    • straight down to malahide rd junction and take left onto malahide rd
    • left at darndale roundabout, straight up darndale\priorswood rd (plenty of traffic island things)
    • 1st exit at miniroundabout back onto glin rd
    • left into ferrycarrig rd (turnabout + hand signals)
    • back out onto glin rd then past northside shopping centre, then right onto oscar traynor back to test center

• Advertisement

Great stuff Deco. Very precise.

And a big congratulations :):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

cheers for the info

have me test their in a month and I drive those roads most day so fairly delighted. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Double post >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭deco_b

It probably depends on tester or time of day but as far as i know the other route(s) end up going right at end of oscar traynor road and around artane/kilmore area.

I mapped deco_bs route out here on live maps.

The mrs did this route a dozen times and it was a great practice run. Unfortunately this wasn't the route she got in the end, but she passed :D:D:D

Her route is as follows and I haven't had time to map this one.

Left out of test centre.
    Left onto Oscar Traynor Rd.
    Left onto coolock lane.
    First left and pull in to reverse around the corner back into a cul-de-sac.
    Come back the way you came onto coolock lane, take a right and then left onto Oscar Tarynor Rd.
    At major jn, turn right onto Malahide Rd.
    Turn right at Artane Roundabout onto Ardlea Rd.
    1st left onto Ardcollum Rd.
    Left at T jn and pull into left for hand signals and hill start still on ardcollum Rd.
    Right onto Maryfield Crescent and do turn about.
    Drive back onto Maryfield Woods and turn at lights onto Kilmore Rd.
    Through roundabout and take right onto Montrose Grove.
    Right at T onto Ardmore Drive.
    Follow the course of the road, and take right at T still on Ardmore Drive.
    Left at T onto Kilmore Rd.
    Left onto Kilbarron Road. Thru loads on mini roundabouts.
    Right at T on Dundaniel Road.
    Right onto Oscar Traynor and next left into Industrial Estate and back to test centre.

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Old Gill

Click on the link and scroll down it has most Dublin routes :

http://www.drivinglessonsdublin.ie/testroutes.htm

Advertisement