Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to Adobe After Effects?

• 13-03-2008 9:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

I downloaded the trial version of Adobe After Effects to mess about with and am impressed with what this is capable of. I have used it in bits and pieces on some home movies and animating photos. I'd love to buy it, but it is extremely expensive. Are there any other reasonably priced app's that can do similarly advanced processing?

The following tutorials are excellent for After Effects: http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials.html. Its worth downloading the trial version and messing about with the effects.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭extopia

There is certainly no low-cost or free alternative to After Effects worth talking about - it's an industry standard application. Well worth the money for what it does, but yes, maybe overkill for home movies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

extopia wrote: »
    There is certainly no low-cost or free alternative to After Effects worth talking about - it's an industry standard application. Well worth the money for what it does, but yes, maybe overkill for home movies.

I thought it was a long shot alright, but worth asking! Thanks.

Advertisement