Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT on an import

Options
  • 13-03-2008 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,097 ✭✭✭✭

Lads just wondering if this is correct,

in order for me to get my freshly taxed and vrt'd imported car nct'd, i need to go down to the NCT centre first to register it with them and then arrange to get the test done?

You would think there would be some info sharing between the vro and NCT people :rolleyes:

are they open on saturdays yeah?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

You send away to your local VRO and they should send you a form to fill out to get in line for an nct at your local nct garage...

im not sure if there open on saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Deansgrange is definitely open on a Saturday-the oh had her car NCTd there recently.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

For the last two cars that I imported it was automatically put onto the NCT system when I registered the car. I know this as both times I got NCT reminders a few months after registering! One was a 96 and the other a 04, so they were pretty on the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Blackthorn Man

Hi Folks,
    I'm on the verge of buying an English Reg car by private sale. The car looks well and has a full service history with it. The guy will register it for me too. I'm a little concerned that there might be money owed on it. Can a car be registered in Ireland, NCT'd and still slip through the net of any checks as to whether the car might have finance still owed on it. In othere words can it look to be all above board and in a few months time I'm in trouble because there is money owed?

Thanks
    Blackthorn Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

do a hpi check , costs 20 pounds but could save you thousands , also ring all previous owners ( mainly if its 1 owner from new to check that dealer has no outstanding dabit )

it will also tell you the correct milage , mot , last taxed etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

what he said ^^^

Advertisement