Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three / Mobile broadband unlimited add on

Options
  • 13-03-2008 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

This is strange.. have a pay monthly phone, and saw this add on threes homepage for 20e.

Called them to sign up and confirm that it really is unlimited, nope, 2gb download limit..

And not a word on the page where they do advertise this.
    http://www.three.ie/priceplans/addons.htm

Can this be true,or did the sales agent have wrong information.
    He stated also that this is a lot per month, and i said, yes for my granny that checks her emails etc.. but not for normal user.

I have sent an email for them, and asked for an explanation for this.

Is there any mobile ISP in Ireland who really can provide unlimited surfing? Im coming from Finland, and in scandinavia this has been offered by all major operators for many years already.

(sorry for my english, its not so perfect, but i hope you get the point) :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Yes 2GB is the limit on their mobile broadband add-on, its fine for browsing and light downloading on the go, dont expect to be able to do large downloads or p2p with your phone tethered to laptop/desktop as the download will fail or port will be blocked, also Three block lots of sites i.e piratebay that have 'questionable' content.

a better recommendation would be to go with o2 bill pay you can add 10GB onto your package. Also they dont block anything, only thing is their hsdpa network aint as extensive as Three's.

Advertisement