Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy

Options
  • 13-03-2008 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Gotta say I'm happy with our lot this season.

1) We have a proper coach at last
    2) We have some excellent defenders at last
    3) We have a Wembley win

This season is a major learning curve for our management team and many of our players. The future looks very rosey for Spurs and I think we have a lot to be excited about.

Sad about the nature of the defeat last night but I've taken it on the chin and it's over now. No point dwelling on it. Pennos are a lottery and that's the end of it.

Still a very proud Spurs supporter this morning with lots to look forward to next season.

COYS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Very well put fella. Its difficult to think that way after last night but all of what you say is true. Hope the rest of the season does'nt fade away to mediocrity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

i'd say ramos is thinking of now - may as a glorified 08-09 preseason. Mourinho was saying if he is taking a job for next season he wants to be on board in april so he doesnt have a crap pre season and he has input into the summer plans.. so i'd imagine ramos will be similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

3) We have a Wembley win

This season is a major learning curve for our management team and many of our players. The future looks very rosey for Spurs and I think we have a lot to be excited about.

Sad about the nature of the defeat last night but I've taken it on the chin and it's over now. No point dwelling on it. Pennos are a lottery and that's the end of it.

Still a very proud Spurs supporter this morning with lots to look forward to next season.

COYS

Spot on Shane !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Happy enough, i would like to see a good run of wins into the end of the season and not just fizzle out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

The future is looking bright. An accomplished coach who knows what he's doing. The base of a strong team. Can't wait for the transfer window to see who we are going to bring in CM. You know it's gonna be someone good.

Who knows. We may even begin to see some return on that 22m we spent on oul Benty who, by the way I am proud of for getting up and scoring that peno. He had the most pressure out of all the kickers because he is still trying to justify being included in the squad and as a striker he was expected to score. He also looked okay against PSV with the exception of that bad ball he squared to Keano. Can't help but feel if he was playing regularly he would have just planted that opportunity.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Yeah to be honest, while I was very disappointed with Wednesday's shootout loss, I'm still happy with what has happened in the last few months, and overall happy with how things are looking.

We have a great coach, some great defenders, a whole summer to get Ledley fit, and the possibility of some decent midfielders on the way. If we hold on to our existing crop of players and get the midfield sorted, next season could be very interesting!

For the rest of this season I hope some more of the young lads get a run out. I'd like to see Adel get some more minutes, and anyone else deemed worthy. It's done O'Hara the world of good!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tomo75

Can't help but feel if he was playing regularly he would have just planted that opportunity.

I agree, I think he should get a good run until the end of the season - if they plan to keep him it could get some confidence back

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

3) We have a Wembley win

Agree wholeheartedly Shane - although i'd expect a bit of a clear out in the summer and a number of new faces next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Bit harsh on poor old Jol?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

IanCurtis wrote: »
    Bit harsh on poor old Jol?

Jol was a gent and a good coach but Juande seems more... top 4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Kold wrote: »
    Jol was <snip> a good coach

[Dunphy]He was a good coach, not a great coach[/Dunphy]

:D

Advertisement