Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Increase in traffic survey devices at the side of the road.

Options
  • 13-03-2008 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

Increase in traffic survey devices at the side of the road.

Has anyone else noticed the amount of traffic survey devices that have appeared at the side of the road since the Speed (sorry meant safety) cameras were put back on the agenda.

There are three of them within two miles on the N4 north of Mullingar, after the Covert pub. Plus a few more have appeared around Navan.

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I think they are looking for locations of maximum return.

What does anyone else think !!!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

What do they look like?

Are these the things where you see 2 wires laid across the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

They need to know what road projects to prioritise as they come close to finishing the interurban routes.

Either that, or it's work experience time for civil engineering students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

Stark wrote: »
    They need to know what road projects to prioritise as they come close to finishing the interurban routes.

Either that, or it's work experience time for civil engineering students.

+1
    they generaly do this on high volume traffic routes. I've seen them a few times on the industrial areas and routes around Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

stevec wrote: »
    What do they look like?

Are these the things where you see 2 wires laid across the road?

Spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Highway61

These things are all over Westmeath/Longford .It looks to me like they are looking for sites of most return for their new "Safety Cameras" :eek:
    Does anyone have a definitive answer for this one?
    Hopefully it's just my paranoia and they are in fact to mark the safe crossing places for Badgers :D
    Help please put me out of my paranoid misery
    HW

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

theres man of them where i live ( im at the sean/moore rd./east link toll bridge )

Zubolin ( the company who own the yellow building at the east link bridge itself ) have cameras and sound devices as they will be make a new brige to connect the traffic from thee to the other side of the river dodder....

also on th dual carriage way i noticed 2 gardi and a camera behind the old bus shelter " counting " the motorists as they go by.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

May well be part of a research project at TRIP.

http://www.tcd.ie/Transport_Research_Centre/index.htm

Advertisement