Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

canopy/Awning

Options
  • 13-03-2008 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I could get a canopy for my back garden. Im not looking for anything huge. Just something mayve 2.5 metres wide and 2 metres long. There was one in Woodies about a year ago that was only afew hundred euro. Are they expensive? Does anyone here have one and can recommend a place to buy them?

Cheers guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭teflon

something like the pic attached...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭blindman

The canopy in that pic is more like 8 meters wide by 4 meters projection.

I know. I am just looking for something "Similar" in style to the one I attached..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭secman

Me thinks O'Meara camping does these Awnings, if not them, definitely one of the camping companies.

sECMAN

O'Meara Camping definitely do them ,just googled them...................

looking for something more robust. O'Meara Camping seem to do ones for camper vans etc only. Thanks though ;)

• Advertisement

Did you not get my pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭secman

they definitely do them for houses too, these are specifally for houses, look at site again, and go to house awnings section, they even have delux range, also are selling off demo models.

Secman

blindman wrote: »
    Did you not get my pm.

I did blindman but they said around 1000 would be the cheapest which is way over budget. ive been told that B and Q do them for about 300 but I'd need to see the fabric in store.

secman wrote: »
    they definitely do them for houses too, these are specifally for houses, look at site again, and go to house awnings section, they even have delux range, also are selling off demo models.

Secman

I see them now Secman. Ill have a look in detail

I can appreciate budjet difficulties but anything significantly cheaper than €1000 will fade sooner and also they need to be wound in, in a light breeze, I consider the €200 to €300 ones as disposable i.e. not worth repairing just go out and buy another. That said a stiff breeze can damage a €1000 euro one.

• Advertisement

what would the difference be? Aside from fading colour. Its to go in an alcove out my back garden. Doesnt get much wind as its between 2 extensions (mine and my neighbours)

Theres no such thing as a free lunch. If something is significantly cheaper there is usualy a reason. With canopies it can come down to different fabrics, non colourfast dies, weaker mechanism/brackets/arms. (Fabrics can look so alike you have to leave them out in the sun to tell the difference sometimes)

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

There were canvas awnings in Habitat, which might work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭DO0GLE

Argos do them

Advertisement