Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Hasn't Swans just moved out to Strawhall they just closed on Tullow street.

Wrong swans i think he was talking anoit the cash and carry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Hasn't Swans just moved out to Strawhall they just closed on Tullow street.

Your thinking of swans electrical, there is or was a swans wholesale too, on the Hacketstown rd

Does anyone know of someone in Carlow who takes scrap metal?. I ve some bits I want rid of

Owryan wrote: »
    Does anyone know of someone in Carlow who takes scrap metal?. I ve some bits I want rid of

You could try flynns scrap out the tullow Rd. The take scrap from us in work

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

The council recycling centre at Powerstown will also take it and other recycling for €2 if you can get it out there, but if you've a lot it you'll likely be better off selling it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,615 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Any truth in the rumour Weatherspoons have bought the John Tyndall?

Heard today it was Weatherspoons that bought The Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I heard a rumour Weatherspoons bought The Manor House in Bagenalstown. They'll soon own half the county!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Operation Transformation Walk is taking place in Rathwood this Saturday, January 17th at 10am. Registration is at 9:30am and it's 5km.

It's organised with Carlow Sports Partnership.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Saw a few peeps clearing out Saints and Sinners today. Chucking loads of crap into a skip, so looks like there might be movement in opening it up again/ might be sold

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

brianblaze wrote: »
    Saw a few peeps clearing out Saints and Sinners today. Chucking loads of crap into a skip, so looks like there might be movement in opening it up again/ might be sold

I heard Louis Fitzgerald has bough it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Harmony are going into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Who or what is/are Harmony please? Thanks.

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Who or what is/are Harmony please? Thanks.
    Perhaps the beauty salon on the corner to the rear of Shaws?
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harmony-Beauty-Salon/149351078417974

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Spot on sir! Just got it from the horses mouth so to speak. Won't be for another month or so mind. Interesting place to (re) open in.

The ratio of Salons to people in Carlow is nuts

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

And "massage parlours".

Can't say I've seen many red lights on.... I'm sure it all ends well though...

Looking at doing some local advertising. What Does everyone think works best generally. I know in Dublin Digital gave us the best return, but not so sure here in Carlow!

Does anyone read the papers here anymore? Listen to radio?

I obviously can't go saying my business as that's advertising here and that ain't allowed! Let's just say for a hospitality/ service industry market!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Sign management service are currently doing out door advertising, you've probably seen them around town. Here's a link to their page.

The Carlow People is pretty much all advertisements at this point and I'm not sure its distribution around the town and county is too good. Some people in town say they get it, some don't.

If you wanted to go down the advertising route in the local newspaper then the Nationalist would be better IMO.

I don't really listen to KCLR or the radio for that matter, so can't really comment.

Alternatively, you could print & design your own flyers and get them delivered by Carlow Post Distribution or another distribution company in around town.

I don't appreciate spam flyers and judging by the number of houses with "no junk mail" notices on their letterboxes neither do many of my neighbours.

• Advertisement

Flyers go straight into recycling. The Carlow people I line the cats litter box with.

facebook seems the way to go for some people it worked for me. it all depends on your target market.I dont even tead yhe carlow people anymore. what sort of business have you that might help.

I am flyering the local businesses tomorrow as it happens, and I worked in Digital Marketing for a few years so I've looked at Facebook as an option. My FB got 200 likes since I started it last week with no budget.

Not sure I can say what type of business as I was told not to be advertising on here when I mentioned it during the week. Well, I suppose a genre of business is generic enough? Coffee Shop/ Cafe? (Feel free to delete this post if it's against the rules mods!)

I must say thats what tullow street needs. I was in there the other day as it happens fair play well done it was nice. I think with st paddys day coming loads on the streets maybe give out a small shot of coffee to people on the street for the parade to sample and come into the shop.

iano.p wrote: »
    I must say thats what tullow street needs. I was in there the other day as it happens fair play well done it was nice. I think with st paddys day coming loads on the streets maybe give out a small shot of coffee to people on the street for the parade to sample and come into the shop.

Cheers. I'm looking at a launch 'event' for the aforementioned unnamed business around the weekend of Paddy's Day alright.

Which street does the Parade go down these days anyway?

right down tullow street so a great spot for something like that sort of shop. I shall be back again

Great to hear! A good bit of regular business so far, so hoping for word to spread organically too. Open a week tomorrow, so that's a good sign!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Great to hear! A good bit of regular business so far, so hoping for word to spread organically too. Open a week tomorrow, so that's a good sign!

i must pop in and check it out some time - passed by the other day

Looks like Weatherspoons are moving in to Traders, there's a bunch of their UK head office guys and girls in there today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Looks like Weatherspoons are moving in to Traders, there's a bunch of their UK head office guys and girls in there today

Where's traders?

Advertisement