Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Perfect.

Thank you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,611 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Best menswear closed up in Fairgreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Best menswear closed up in Fairgreen.

Noticed that today, never seemed busy though

• Registered Users Posts: 60,611 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sean O'Brien :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Sean O'Brien

Could be in alot of trouble over that punch if he is cited

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

iano.p wrote: »
    Could be in alot of trouble over that punch if he is cited

Joe was trying to indicate that it was with an open hand rather than fist... But there is a rumour going that Pape was having a "reach around" as to whether that will influence the citing officer or commission is another story..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

It appears the next general election campaign has started already. AAA were out canvassing in Carlow this evening for their candidate Adrienne Wallace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Ms.Wallace is PBP though since PBP & AAA're amalgamated for the General Election they're now running two candidates with Conor MacLiam who also ran in the by-election along with Ms.Wallace in May.

On a non-political note, Nickel Cafe is reopening in the old Shopping Centre; new chairs & tables/table-cloths; no start date yet mind but they were at it today.

Might be a few spare chairs going a begging; they'll be chucked otherwise I think............

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Nickel being taken over by the guy who owns the massage place on Dublin St. Hope it goes well

Courthouse hotel was up for auction yesterday. No buyer. Reserve was lowered significantly from the 375k opener but nobody bit on it.

Ridiculous rates on that place. 34k a year. Mental

• Advertisement

Courthouse hotel was up for auction yesterday. No buyer. Reserve was lowered significantly from the 375k opener but nobody bit on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

brianblaze wrote: »

34k before you pay a single bbill or wage is fukin crazy. Is that a norm?

What'm I missing.........€34k in Rates?

Hotel Rates were €17,323.17 P.A.

The "Shop" opposite with "Apartament" overhead (would say they're in almost knockdown/uninhabitable condition?) have rates advertised as €3,244.87 P.S.

Total of €20,568.04.

Enquired in Sotherns myself today & was told withdrawn at auction but sold subsequently...........

What'm I missing.........€34k in Rates?

Hotel Rates were €17,323.17 P.A.

The "Shop" opposite with "Apartament" overhead (would say they're in almost knockdown/uninhabitable condition?) have rates advertised as €3,244.87 P.S.

Total of €20,568.04.

Enquired in Sotherns myself today & was told withdrawn at auction but sold subsequently...........

34k is what I was told anyways. Might've been incorrect info! Still ridiculous money

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭oscillating wildely

Council looking for my missus to pay her 2016 commercial rates now - Irish Water obviously chewing up the money quicker than Noonan & co can collect it

Council looking for my missus to pay her 2016 commercial rates now - Irish Water obviously chewing up the money quicker than Noonan & co can collect it

No, they're operating at a huge deficit at the minute due to all the empty properties in Carlow. Surprised they haven't enacted the rates for Charity shops rule early, but in December that's a go so more money there.

From my long and lengthy dealings with some members of the council, they couldn't run a Transition Year mini company, never mind a county.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

34k is what I was told anyways. Might've been incorrect info! Still ridiculous money

Another normal size pub in Carlow town was paying 36k rates about 6 years ago.

I think they were 34k in arrears when they were shut down. Might be the confusion

Nickel being taken over by the guy who owns the massage place on Dublin St. Hope it goes well

Think it's being called either Gourmet Café or Gourmet Kitchen; saw the signs outside this evening but forgot which it was.....

Looks to have either opened today or Saturday or maybe tomorrow Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I think they were 34k in arrears when they were shut down. Might be the confusion

Imagine having a business where you are required to give the council approximately €3,000 per month before you turn a shilling.

Tough to make it worthwhile.

Anyone know why The Med Bar didn't open today ??

Nope but the empty kegs are lined up for collection outside; some lights on inside but it & Brasserie 15 closed too...........

Also Scraggs.........didn't open at all today; got told it's been sold........

Nokia6230i wrote:
    Also Scraggs.........didn't open at all today; got told it's been sold........
    The front bar was open earlier this evening but it has been sold , The Med is curious enough hope it's not the latest victim of the piss poor planning and exorbitant rates in this town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Could it be because a man died from bestfield most pubs close when some people pass away.

iano.p wrote:
    Could it be because a man died from bestfield most pubs close when some people pass away.

Yep seems that's the case alright

Big funeral and a two day wake in town yesterday and today alright. Adds up. Couple of garda patrols around all day too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

did scraggs alley sell?

Apparently so but the for sale sign is still up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Bog Man 1

iano.p wrote: »

Its nice when they close as a mark of respect .

Advertisement