Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Nokia6230i wrote:
    About the fire @ Halloween @ St. Dympnas; Gardaí got someone for it within a few hours/later same day; unsure if he's appeared in court yet.

That's true they got him a few hours later. The fire was started by burning carpet and pictures in the building. It's all on camera inside and outside. Only for the person who raised the alarm the fire would have been worse as the alarm system was damaged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Ihglcc

Guys the new carpark beside the Shamrock Square/Plaza has this building. Important enough not to be knocked.

Anyone now anything about it? about it? what was it? who owned it? why was it untouched?

2hg8le0.jpg

Ihglcc wrote:
    Anyone now anything about it? about it? what was it? who owned it? why was it untouched?

I would say it was cheaper to leave it there and not build and new wall. I Could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 60,607 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ihglcc wrote: »
    what is your source of information

He was named in this weeks Nationalist and was in court yesterday for setting the fire he also caused a lot of damage to the Cathedral earlier this year which he was also named in the Nationalist a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Curious article on the journal.ie this evening giving vague details on raids of three carlow residences and seven carlow professional offices. Anyone hear anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Curious article on the journal.ie this evening giving vague details on raids of three carlow residences and seven carlow professional offices. Anyone hear anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Ihglcc

do you have a link

Ihglcc wrote: »
    do you have a link
    A LARGE VOLUME of computers and documents were seized by the Criminal Assets Bureau today following raids on ten premises in Carlow.
    The investigation into a Carlow based organised crime group involved three searches carried out at a private residences, and seven at professional offices.
    The computers and documents seized will be examined in the coming days.
    The searches were conducted on foot of warrants issued under the Criminal Assets Bureau Act. CAB officers were assisted by local gardaí from Carlow Detective Unit.

http://www.thejournal.ie/gardai-carlow-crime-group-3075457-Nov2016/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Anyone got deets of the 7 Professional Offices?

(Obv. don't name 'em; DM me names of/locations please; thanks.)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I thought this thread was going to be full of unusual waffle recipes. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Hearing today that Lifestyle is closing down.

Unsure of a day or date or if it's closed yet but guessing at the end of the year, as in tomorrow, New Years Eve, Saturday the 31st of December.

Presumably it's down to lack of sales/footfall; people go to that area for Dunnes & unlikely to venture on to Lifestyle perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Nokia6230i wrote: »

Unsure of a day or date or if it's closed yet but guessing at the end of the year, as in tomorrow, New Years Eve, Saturday the 31st of December.

Presumably it's down to lack of sales/footfall; people go to that area for Dunnes & unlikely to venture on to Lifestyle perhaps?

I only noticed it was still over there the other day and I'd be in Dunnes once a week.

I don't know how it managed to stay open as long as it did.

It would probably do better in the fairgren but I'd imagine it moved originally as the rates are so steep in Carlow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Nokia6230i wrote: »

Had completely forgotten about them!!! I ve 3 kids and have to get them sports stuff yet never thought of lifestyle at all. Usually just go to that sports place in heatons.

When they were over at Penney's it was the place to get your sports gear.

Wonder would they move back when the new development is completed.

I assume that just leaves jf sports n heatons now?

Elverys Sports as well.

Elverys Sports as well.

Where are they lol

Owryan wrote: »
    Where are they lol

Beside Tully's pub

There's me drinking n dining in Tully's and I had completely ignored the sports shop beside it.

Cheers

If your on Three mobile you can get 15% off things you buy in there. on the 3plus app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

big fire at brennans garage on the killeshin road

Looks like a new Gastro Bar is about to open at Shamrock Square where the John Tyndall was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Looks like a new Gastro Bar is about to open at Shamrock Square where the John Tyndall was.

I passed by on Sunday night. Looked open.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kilkea

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I passed by on Sunday night. Looked open.

Yep, bar is open and restaurant upstairs opening this Saturday

The old Eircom offices at the main post office are getting refitted today loold like it will be reopening soon not sure what is going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Rum Ham!

I was down near the town park / rowing club tonight and couldn't help but think the whole place would look way nicer with some coloured lights across the water. I know there is street lighting but looking across at the park in the night time is complete darkness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭EmoCourt

I see planning permission has been granted for more houses in Castle Oaks.

http://www.eplanning.ie/CarlowCC/AppFileRefDetails/1693/0

Does anyone know how much those houses were going for when they were built during the boom? In 2009 they were looking for 345k for the four-bed detached units.

http://www.independent.ie/life/home-garden/homes/try-then-buy-into-some-luxury-in-carlow-26518844.html

EmoCourt wrote: »
    I see planning permission has been granted for more houses in Castle Oaks.

http://www.eplanning.ie/CarlowCC/AppFileRefDetails/1693/0

Does anyone know how much those houses were going for when they were built during the boom? In 2009 they were looking for 345k for the four-bed detached units.

http://www.independent.ie/life/home-garden/homes/try-then-buy-into-some-luxury-in-carlow-26518844.html

Nice idea but terrible looking houses and as far as I know the retirement village they had planed there failed.

I'm curious as to where the lake is?

Also they talk about the golf course etc no mention that the entrance is basically via a garage forecourt but supermacs is handy ;)

I could think of better places in town to buy. The only draw I'd see is a straight run to the motorway

I'd guess it's the Oak Park lake which would be in walking distance.

I'd guess it's the Oak Park lake which would be in walking distance.

Is there a route through the back of the estate of have thought I'd be a fair walk otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭EmoCourt

• Advertisement

EmoCourt wrote:
    Disgusting. What kind of scum is our welfare state breeding?

Where out of that article does it say anything about welfare state. What happen is bad form I feel sorry for eoin
    I hope the catch the scum who done it.

Advertisement