Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,607 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The park and the boardwalk from the boat club up to the old Celtic linen site is a cesspit for anti social behavior especially on a sunny day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

The park and the boardwalk from the boat club up to the old Celtic linen site is a cesspit for anti social behavior especially on a sunny day.

I would agree 100% it's a nice place to bring the kids but can't. The council don't seem to care what goes on around there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭EmoCourt

iano.p wrote: »
    Where out of that article does it say anything about welfare state. What happen is bad form I feel sorry for eoin
    I hope the catch the scum who done it.

You think the filth that mugged a disabled man come from normal, contributing families? Sure pull the blinkers back over your eyes if it makes you feel more comfortable.

Here's another example from Kilkenny at the weekend of parasitic scum doing what comes naturally:-

http://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/kilkenny-news/241984/outrage-over-horse-drowning-in-river-nore-in-kilkenny.html

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

EmoCourt wrote: »
    Where out of that article does it say anything about welfare state. What happen is bad form I feel sorry for eoin
    I hope the catch the scum who done it.

You think the filth that mugged a disabled man come from normal, contributing families? Sure pull the blinkers back over your eyes if it makes you feel more comfortable.

Here's another example from Kilkenny at the weekend of parasitic scum doing what comes naturally:-

http://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/kilkenny-news/241984/outrage-over-horse-drowning-in-river-nore-in-kilkenny.html
    Little w@nkers deserve to be dragged to the river and drowned. The guards and council need to work in tandem to devise a plan to curb the activities of these little cretens. That park was a real asset to the town but lately it's one assault after another down there!! Mark my words it's only a matter of time before a group of individuals start to deal out some justice down there, and I can't say I'd be unhappy to see that. I thought picking on the child with mental disabilities was as bad as it could get down there last year, but these little knackers keep finding a new level. Really enraging stuff!

No blinkers on me I have made my feelings about people on longterm welfare known before But we don't know who mugged him. Do you think people who come from contributing family's (as you call them)can't be scumbags.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭EmoCourt

No blinkers on me I have made my feelings about people on welfare known before But we don't know who mugged him. Do you think people who come from contributing family's (as you call them)can't be scumbags

Normal families teach their children right from wrong, and those children look to their parents as role models. Kids who grow up in extended families who have never done a days work think they can just stick out their hand and get money - which is what happened in this case, except they stuck their hand into someones pocket. Next it'll be a shop till. They didn't lick this behaviour off a stone. They learn it at a young age.

I'd say the dogs in the street already know who mugged that chap, and know what kind of families they come from, but the hand-wringers like yourself will blame it on a lack of facilities, or some other horse ****e quackery.

God you are the one with blinkers. Normal families come from every background rich or poor. My own ma was a widow raisin 5 kids in a council estate she didn't work for a long time we all turned out good with jobs and respect to others. I know rich people who's kids wouldn't piss on you if you were dying of tirst. So jumping to conclusions about back ground is wrong till we know who done it(all doe you may well be right). What happen is shocking and who ever done it should be fecked into the river and knowing how well eoin and his family are liked people would be lining up to do it me included.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I wouldn't like to be either of those two scumbags if their identity became public. The people of Graigue would like to have a nice little word (boot x 1000) in their ear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Thought the gardai had someone?

The "alleged" offenders would be well known anyway, to the gardai and the public

The Council voted to have the Sugar Factory Lime Kiln to be added to the County's protected structures list against legal advice.

So should stay or be knocked down?

Myself I think it should be knocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

The Council voted to have the Sugar Factory Lime Kiln to be added to the County's protected structures list against legal advice.

That's a feckin joke.

It's an eye sore that will inevitably become a safety concern as it rusts and decays.

I swear Carlow CC haven't a breeze :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

0RX.jpg

It's an ugly fcuking yoke that will require loads of expensive maintenance to stop bits falling off it down onto people below.

Stupid decision by the Council. This decision will cost them a fortune.

Greencore will fight this decision and it will end up in the High Court.

It should be knocked what purpose will it serve. I was working around that site for a few years. I know for a fact it had started to rot and can only imagine it has got worse. Yet again this is another project the council will throw money at for years to come. Stupid it even got this far

I wonder if an unfortunate soul in one of those diggers reversed into would it result in the tower being deemed structurally defective.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Just got a taxi from Kilkenny road to Pollerton with Carlow cabs. The journey for the last three years every week is €6 tonight the driver asked for €8. I said it's normally six he says new pricing €7 for one person and across town is €8!! So Carlow cabs seem to have instigated an overnight 33% price increase, just a warning for anyone expecting the normal €6 fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

BattleCorp wrote: »
    0RX.jpg

It's an ugly fcuking yoke that will require loads of expensive maintenance to stop bits falling off it down onto people below.

I think Carlow Coco seem to be still stuck in some dream world that the place is going to come back or something- more in their line to prioritize new investment for the area, rather than looking to the past. Similar structures in Kilkenny around Smithwicks brewery have been unceremoniously jettisoned to make way for the future (bar one office block which being re-incorporated as kind of retro offices).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

BattleCorp wrote: »
    0RX.jpg

I did a 6 month work stint in Armer Salmon in 1987/88.

I have a lifelong fear of heights, but on my last day there I climbed that.

Going up wasn't too bad. It's way higher than you think BTW.

Going down was a bitch though. No inner rail & the spiral walk on the way down had the effect of walking out into the blue all the way down.:eek:

I told the lads after & most of them said they wouldn't have gone up it.

The 19 year old me felt very proud that day.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

I did a 6 month work stint in Armer Salmon in 1987/88.

I have a lifelong fear of heights, but on my last day there I climbed that.

Going up wasn't too bad. It's way higher than you think BTW.

Going down was a bitch though. No inner rail & the spiral walk on the way down had the effect of walking out into the blue all the way down.:eek:

I told the lads after & most of them said they wouldn't have gone up it.

The 19 year old me felt very proud that day.:cool:

My life goal is to go up there to take photos from the top. Unfortunately no matter how the site is accessed nowadays the folks across the road'll spot you on their CCTV & AGS'll be called......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Seemingly the Pennys development has stalled again?
    We'd been tendering for some of the works with the m/c (Sisk) but apparently the client is stalling with them due to overall costs.
    I don't know the ins and outs of it, but doesn't sound promising!

We'd been tendering for some of the works with the m/c (Sisk) but apparently the client is stalling with them due to overall costs.

You'd imagine they'd have signed and sealed all that before now?

Just as an aside I think the "new" store is fantastic and don't see why they need to spend tens of millions on something new when they have that there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

road_high wrote: »
    You'd imagine they'd have signed and sealed all that before now?

Just as an aside I think the "new" store is fantastic and don't see why they need to spend tens of millions on something new when they have that there.

You would indeed.
    Something similar happened a few years ago when the project was resurrected and subbies were asked to tender for works, only for it to die a death a few months later.
    It'll be interesting to see how long it's delayed by this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭radharc

The rumour is they are so pleasantly surprised with the turnover in the new place that they are re-examining the whole thing.

radharc wrote: »
    The rumour is they are so pleasantly surprised with the turnover in the new place that they are re-examining the whole thing.

That's what I think- the store they moved over to is massive, it's ideal, a lovely location with all the amenities and parking right by- as a business why would you spend 10s of millions to get the same outcome.
    All they would have to do is possibly spend another few bob on further renovations (flooring and décor) and it would rival any other top Penney's store in Ireland. I was very impressed with it as a temp store.

St Dympna’s Hospital on fire again.

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    My life goal is to go up there to take photos from the top. Unfortunately no matter how the site is accessed nowadays the folks across the road'll spot you on their CCTV & AGS'll be called......

You need to set higher life goals. Take a trip up to Clogrenanne or buy a drone ;)

The sooner that thing falls over the better.

No surprise at Penneys I'd love to see the plans come to fruition bit I can already picture it half empty and run down much like the town in general unfortunately.

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    No surprise at Penneys I'd love to see the plans come to fruition bit I can already picture it half empty and run down much like the town in general unfortunately.

I understood the Penneys redevelopment was signed, sealed and delivered- I still find it hard to believe they'd be backing out at this stage (wouldn't have even thought that possible) despite the obvious logic of their new home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

St Dympna?s Hospital on fire again.

what part? much damage do you know?

patrickc wrote: »
    what part? much damage do you know?

Not sure to either just saw fire brigade there while passing the other day and then heard it was a fire on KCLR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I'd imagine it's a power play from Primark to get the council to contribute towards it. That was their original plan too in fairness so now they have a better location for feck all and can save a fortune on construction.

• Advertisement

brianblaze wrote: »
    I'd imagine it's a power play from Primark to get the council to contribute towards it. That was their original plan too in fairness so now they have a better location for feck all and can save a fortune on construction.

The Council would have feck all in fairness- may be able to get some central funds to aid the infrastructure but as regards funding anything else, I can't see that happening.

Advertisement