Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I just googled her there now and if anyone is considering doing the same for your own sanity I suggest you don't.

Jesus feckin christ She is the reason this country is fuped fair enough blame it on the government they for the most part are culpable but my god I've never seen someone with such a sense of entitlement .

As for this Carlow housing network sham on FB I mean for crying out loud are they bloody serious. I watched a clip of her harassing some housing official and talking about he was responsible for housing her and that he was putting her child out on the streets. She even brought the child into the conversation and told him/her that this is the man that has us staying in the tent.

At this point I think Child protection services should be called and the child should be housed in a safe environment as far away from her as possible.

Also I see someone suggesting that houses were being made available in Fruit Hill I think it was that ghost estate at the end of the N80. I feel for the residents in there if that is the case. Also I see 70 families have been housed in there I hope the council have been careful in who they allocate housing to I've sen a number of housing estates ruined by well known families being housed together.

At what point did all this self entitlement begin. Fair enough there are families that have fallen on hard times ad for on reason or another they need a hand with housing. I was always reared in that if you want something you work hard and you get it the same with a house I would never expect a house to be given to me just because I wanted one and even more so refuse such an offer because it wasn't next door to my family. I'm a blow in to Carlow myself and it's no where near my family but I'm here as I wasn't willing to pay boom time prices in the area I grew up and have settled and raised a family here.

I would happily see this woman left in her tent and her child looked after by a responsible adult as she clearly isn't in anyway responsible. Sickening to see the support she's getting also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I just googled her there now and if anyone is considering doing the same for your own sanity I suggest you don't.

Jesus feckin christ She is the reason this country is fuped fair enough blame it on the government they for the most part are culpable but my god I've never seen someone with such a sense of entitlement .

As for this Carlow housing network sham on FB I mean for crying out loud are they bloody serious. I watched a clip of her harassing some housing official and talking about he was responsible for housing her and that he was putting her child out on the streets. She even brought the child into the conversation and told him/her that this is the man that has us staying in the tent.

At this point I think Child protection services should be called and the child should be housed in a safe environment as far away from her as possible.

Also I see someone suggesting that houses were being made available in Fruit Hill I think it was that ghost estate at the end of the N80. I feel for the residents in there if that is the case. Also I see 70 families have been housed in there I hope the council have been careful in who they allocate housing to I've sen a number of housing estates ruined by well known families being housed together.

At what point did all this self entitlement begin. Fair enough there are families that have fallen on hard times ad for on reason or another they need a hand with housing. I was always reared in that if you want something you work hard and you get it the same with a house I would never expect a house to be given to me just because I wanted one and even more so refuse such an offer because it wasn't next door to my family. I'm a blow in to Carlow myself and it's no where near my family but I'm here as I wasn't willing to pay boom time prices in the area I grew up and have settled and raised a family here.

I would happily see this woman left in her tent and her child looked after by a responsible adult as she clearly isn't in anyway responsible. Sickening to see the support she's getting also.

With her it goes back generations. None of her family have ever worked a day in their lives but have had everything given to them over & over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭EmoCourt

Personal responsibility, hard work, ambition, self-improvement, education... these are abstract concepts to some people. Excuses, invective, blame and anti-social behaviour are abstract concepts to the rest of us. It's easier to just imagine you're being denied what's rightfully yours by heartless rich people sleeping on 'duck feathered pillows' as one FB comment said about the Council official. Victimhood is a warm blanket to wrap yourself in and insulate yourself from any blame for your own shortcomings in life. Some people have grown up in a Welfare dependent environment - extended family, friends, neighbours etc. Some parents are terrible role models too, and she seems to be following that pattern. These people don't know any different, they lead what the rest of us would see as chaotic, blinkered lives. I don't think they have the brain power to pull themselves out of this complete culture of dependency.

In other words, she's f*cked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

EmoCourt wrote: »

In other words, she's f*cked.

You mean we're ****ed, cause that's who will have to pay for her life choices. And they are choices, she is not a victim of circumstance or the recession or an evil government.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Owryan wrote: »
    You mean we're ****ed, cause that's who will have to pay for her life choices. And they are choices, she is not a victim of circumstance or the recession or an evil government.

Exactly her family made the choice to petrol bomb their own home so they could be moved to a new home. She chose to move to Carlow, she chose to leave that house to move to Dublin & she chose to leave there & move back without a place to stay.
    Anyone else whether in employment or unemployed would try to get accommodation first & not think they are entitled to get it straight from the council

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,607 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Does anyone know if Tusla have visited the offices to check on the welfare of the child?

Also I see 70 families have been housed in there I hope the council have been careful in who they allocate housing to I've sen a number of housing estates ruined by well known families being housed together.

Seems to be trouble tenants in Fruithill Manor already.

http://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/local-news/254200/legal-issues-involving-eviction-in-new-estate-on-laois-carlow-border.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

EmoCourt wrote: »

Well that's a great start.

Is the entire estate social housing?

Well that's a great start.

Is the entire estate social housing?

I think some of the estate is privately owned, but doesn't necessarily mean owner-occupied. Anyway, the Council have their ethnic quotas to fill, so this might result in some badly behaved families getting a house over some well behaved families.

http://kclr96fm.com/carlow-fails-draw-funding-traveller-housing/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Can't find a Carlow-Kilkenny Constituency specific thread but Mods feel free to merge this post into it if there is one....

Constituency Commission Boundary Review has recommended Carlow-Kilkenny remain as a 5 Seater but it will now incl. East Carlow which was ceded to Wicklow in 1997.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭radharc

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Can't find a Carlow-Kilkenny Constituency specific thread but Mods feel free to merge this post into it if there is one....

Constituency Commission Boundary Review has recommended Carlow-Kilkenny remain as a 5 Seater but it will now incl. East Carlow which was ceded to Wicklow in 1997.

That is great news for the county and will give us a good chance of 2 seats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Nokia6230i wrote:

We should get two seats. All we need is a few good tds to fill them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

radharc wrote: »
    That is great news for the county and will give us a good chance of 2 seats

It's the candidates that are the problem...
    The population of the area in question is small.

Is pat deering not from around there? So he might benefit from the move.

Might give jennifer murnane a chance but who would be the loser if Carlow took a second seat?

Might give jennifer murnane a chance but who would be the loser if Carlow took a second seat?

Would love to see shot of that useless Shinner or Bobby Alyward...she gets a lot if Carlow votes.
    Deering will benefit a lot and it's been a pet project of his- his family and neighbours can finally vote for him

Aylward possibly even if FF've divvied up Kilkenny into North & South.

If McKee ran again, now that by then he'll be fully back in FF fold that might put cat among pigeons; McGuinness nose'd be out of joint mind as he'd feel compromised.

I can see Fintan Phelan running in GE if Jennifer doesn't though her higher profile now means she might be given one last chance; her location might become more of an issue at hustings & among electorate mind.

I could see chief agitator herself Ms. Wallace going again too; she may put Clonmore, Rathvilly into the Sat Nav mind.

No doubt the collection of far left whingers will all look to run again. But there is almost zero chance any of them will be elected.

Labour and the greens are still, imo, on the floor with no stand out candidate between them.

Would love to see the sf TD get the boot but they are well organized and will probably run the same strategy again.

Last election j mcg got a large number of first preference votes from Carlow which pissed off a lot in Carlow ff so would have to imagine they will want to tackle that next time around.

Anyway, hopefully the next election will be a while away yet so we won't have to worry about which wasters to vote for, CW/KK is not overly blessed with top quality candidates.

The new name for the Hotel reopening on Dublin St. Is The Clink.

Opens at 5pm on Friday the 30th signs outside it today.

Hotel, bar and boutique eatery.

The new name for the Hotel reopening on Dublin St. Is The Clink.

Opens at 5pm on Friday the 30th signs outside it today.

Hotel, bar and boutique eatery.

Sounds nice...

No doubt the collection of far left whingers will all look to run again. But there is almost zero chance any of them will be elected.

Labour and the greens are still, imo, on the floor with no stand out candidate between them.

Would love to see the sf TD get the boot but they are well organized and will probably run the same strategy again.

Last election j mcg got a large number of first preference votes from Carlow which pissed off a lot in Carlow ff so would have to imagine they will want to tackle that next time around.

Anyway, hopefully the next election will be a while away yet so we won't have to worry about which wasters to vote for, CW/KK is not overly blessed with top quality candidates.

Dreadful but I do rate John Paul Phelan who's now a Junior Minister. Different class from the rest of them, hopefully deliver something. Did hear Pat Deering was in line but we were unlikely to get 2 positions.
    John McGuinness could be good but is always at odds with his own party and has never been in a position of value.
    Bobby Alyward is like something out of the D'Unbelievables...

The Shinner gets majority of her votes in Carlow I seem to remember, or a huge chunk of them at any rate. They have a number of (useless) county councilors on both councils which is unfortunate. Only way to get rid of them is to have them in govt so everyone will see how truly useless they are- they're far too clever of course for all that. Cheap sound bites and populist waffle are much easier.

• Advertisement

But it's so much easier to issue sound bites and spout populist rubbish than actually make the tough decisions.

Even up north they always blamed the dup for making cuts even in departments they controlled.

Man charged with rape & sexual assault @ a 9am sitting of Carlow District Ct. today, remanded in custody/refused bail & is back up again next week (think Tuesday the 4th).

Gardai quite clever re accused. Didn't let it out there to media that we were dealing with a rape as well as a serious assault til today; nothing in the media til today. Might've spooked accused & he could've done a runner. M & F Couple who finally, belatedly came forward midweek must've been crucial in identifying him either directly or by narrowing it down by eliminating themselves.
    Individual has addresses here & Enniscorthy. Has previous/form but nothing like this; mostly petty crimes (relatively speaking).

Also the Med Bar & its sister restaurant Brasserie 15've gone into receivership (not sure if this should be a separate post or even thread?).

Their social media presence has disappeared; thought they were coining it in; certainly the Med was rammed of a Friday & Saturday night.

Was like a (classy, if pricey) cattle mart in there at times.

Lately had started a quiz night of a Wednesday; I thought it innovative in absence for Summer months of footie on the telly; now in hindsight perhaps it was papering over the cracks/desperation?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Also the Med Bar & its sister restaurant Brasserie 15've gone into receivership (not sure if this should be a separate post or even thread?).

Their social media presence has disappeared; thought they were coining it in; certainly the Med was rammed of a Friday & Saturday night.

Was like a (classy, if pricey) cattle mart in there at times.

Lately had started a quiz night of a Wednesday; I thought it innovative in absence for Summer months of footie on the telly; now in hindsight perhaps it was papering over the cracks/desperation?

On this I heard from a contact today that the owner had taken on a large premises in Dublin and that it was not performing at all like expected..
    From what I heard he had his house , car and all possessions repossessed.

tommycahir wrote: »
    On this I heard from a contact today that the owner had taken on a large premises in Dublin and that it was not performing at all like expected..

That's rough...did he do that on the back of the Med bar? Which has been a sound business through thr worst of times

tommycahir wrote: »

Flippin' eck!

Didn't know that; wouldn't mind but into the last week in May there they were advertising for an Asst. Bar Manager (I know because I applied for the gig only to be shot down less than 3.5 hours later....).

You're right it's gone off Facebook. That doesn't sound good- is it open tonight?
    It'll surely go as a going concern at worst, goldmine id say...

road_high wrote: »
    You're right it's gone off Facebook. That doesn't sound good- is it open tonight?
    It'll surely go as a going concern at worst, goldmine id say...

Nope; closed today/tonight; not sure if it opened Thursday or Friday.

There's a few barrels outside on the path; presumably they're empties?

Asking for a friend like........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

was there a fire at shaws today? I drove by about 6pm and saw some fire engines and a crowd on the car park looking on

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

See ms Middleton back in the news with a case against carlow co.co. denying her right to emergency accommodation:
    http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/woman-living-in-tent-with-son-6-launches-legal-action-over-emergency-accommodation-refusal-35890506.html
    I thought she had the got the message & humped off. I for 1 will be extremely disappointed if she gets what she's looking for, it really will be a a case of stamping your foot & roaring the loudest!

• Advertisement

If a 6 year old have been forced to stay there in a tent by his mother Tusla need to take that child into care.

Also if she is claiming Jobseekers I'd love to see someone from the department call over and ask her is she is activity looking for a job.

If she isn't strike her off the live register.

Advertisement