Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

They've altered the layout slightly so you can go right from the roundabout rather than having to go down to the entrance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Silly question. Where is the fairgrounds?

My bad, never noticed the phone autocorrected "fairgreen" to "fairgrounds"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Owryan wrote: »
    My bad, never noticed the phone autocorrected "fairgreen" to "fairgrounds"

Ahhhh, I thought I was being thick. Genuinely didn't cop that it was Fairgreen. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

road_high wrote: »
    Did anyone every think that is the most ridiculous car park design? One main entry point and is continuously clogged by people trying to get as close as possible to Tesco and stopping there. Then you go over near the Bridge st and there's usually dozens of free spaces. They could have put another entry point over at the roundabout there

No Right Turn at exit onto Barrack St. seems to be ignored rather than obeyed too.....

If people followed the signage & turned left to roundabout instead the traffic flow'd be better.

The folk coming from the R.H.S. & L.H.S. and letting people out aren't helping at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I see there's new a new sign up at meridian motors. cycle secure or something along those lines,

• Advertisement

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I see there's new a new sign up at meridian motors. cycle secure or something along those lines,

Cyk Lok. Carlow Co. Shortly after the Meridian Motors topic came up on here I saw the PP sign on their gate there.

With Laois Co. Co. Obviously.

They've bike lockers at Heuston Stn.; very secure from what little knowledge i have of how they're operated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Nokia6230i wrote:
    Cyk Lok. Carlow Co. Shortly after the Meridian Motors topic came up on here I saw the PP sign on their gate there.

Cyk lok is still owned by Steven Murphy and wife they own meridian too

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jaysus there is a name I haven’t heard since the Celtic Tiger crash.

Does he still live in the Southfork/White House mansion out the country.

Different chap not sure if he is related or not.
    I think he still has the house out there. Isn't he an adviser to nama

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The owner of Meridian is a nephew of Milltown Engineering Stephen Murphy. The mansion is still there, I live nearby. Never asked in for de tay!

• Advertisement

madmaggie wrote:
    The owner of Meridian is a nephew of Milltown Engineering Stephen Murphy. The mansion is still there, I live nearby. Never asked in for de tay!

I worked in the house never even got a glass of water never mind the tay!

I always prefered the house across the road I think it was his son's someone told me.

Where are these famous houses?

iwillhtfu wrote:
    Where are these famous houses?

On the way into garryhill from fenagh you really can't miss them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Any of the hotels in Carlow open on Christmas day for dinner?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

votecounts wrote: »
    Any of the hotels in Carlow open on Christmas day for dinner?

I thought I seen a thing in the ‘clink’, advertising Christmas dinner 40/50€ per head, menu looked very good.

denis160 wrote: »
    I thought I seen a thing in the ‘clink’, advertising Christmas dinner 40/50€ per head, menu looked very good.
    forgive my ignorance what is the clink?

Nope. Clink closed Christmas Day; open Christmas Eve & St. Stephens Day mind.

Majority of hotels'll close Christmas Eve & reopen on the 27th.

Dinn Ri'll reopen SSD Night for their Access All Areas night; normally they reopen at 5pm I think.

votecounts wrote: »
    forgive my ignorance what is the clink?

The Clink is the new hotel on Dublin St.; formerly McHughs Courthouse Hotel.

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    The Clink is the new hotel on Dublin St.; formerly McHughs Courthouse Hotel.
    it will always be courthouse hotel to me

• Advertisement

I see another one of those halting sites across from lyngs. I guess Carlow should be expecting an influx of travellers in the coming months.

How far out from the IT will it be?

That will be a top class sporting venue for them when built.

After the IWA (Irish Wheelchair Association) complex & Tyndall College (Institute?) but before the Dolmen on L.H.S. I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭BO-JANGLES

Is there any update on the Penny's site development?

BO-JANGLES wrote: »
    Is there any update on the Penny's site development?

It strikes me that it'll end up like the Braun site; a white elephant if it wasn't that already.

Developers have a five year limit on PP and it can be renewed so don't hold your breath.

Seanie Gallagher & the way he might look at you; I'd say he's seriously bulling there's been no takers for the site since he rode into town and was feted as the great white hope by the usual dignitaries & quangos as the towns savior.

I had thought it longer than 09 since Braun closed but it'll be that length again by time a tenant or new buyer is found.7

It's gotta be killing him financially at this stage; must be three years this Springtime (2018) since he appeared on front page of Nationalist about it.

I am going to start to do a couch to 5k for the New Year and was thinking of using the track at Askea I want to do it on my own no boot camps.

A couple of questions if anyone could answer them that would be great.

Is the track open to the public or do you need to be a member of the club?

If you need to be a member does anyone know who or where I should contact?

• Advertisement

Laurence O'Toole own the track there afaik. They operate a fit for life group also and apparently it's a very well organised club from beginner to competitive. Either way of say you've to be a member to make use of it.

Another club with a track in town are adrenaline running club and these are a very welcoming bunch with a new HQ up beside Murphy cleaning at the MSD roundabout. They've recently introduced several new coaches incl a S&C, Nutrition among others. Also running S&C classes alongside Pilates and others I believe. Gary Flannery is the head man and a nicer man you'll find hard to meet.

On saying all that tracks are great but when I started out years ago I used to go to the local gaa pitch and run the width walk the length then vice versa as fitness improves. Now I go from time to time and sprint the width jog the length. I found it a great process. The S&C classes clubs run will help the body adapt and to be honest when you're in a club they motivate you out the door.

Good luck with it.

Advertisement