Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Waffle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Ah right that's more a lifting tin type of place than a gym. The equipment I saw looked new although I only drove passed.

Yeah fair way to describe it.. their cardio section is pretty poor.. much bigger premises so maybe there will be some new stuff..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Vetch

I see what looks like either a gym or a gym equipment sales place going in over where Hughie Doyle furniture used to be. Looks like decent equipment going in so can't be sure which it is.

Hardly Ben Dunne sneaking in quietly??

The last I'd heard (about a year ago) was that Ben Dunne was definitely going to arrive but just did a planning search and it's marked as 'deemed withdrawn'. Anyone know if that's it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Vetch wrote: »
    The last I'd heard (about a year ago) was that Ben Dunne was definitely going to arrive but just did a planning search and it's marked as 'deemed withdrawn'. Anyone know if that's it?

A previous poster has said it's Vitality Fitness going in there.

BattleCorp wrote: »

I saw the post. What I was asking was if anyone knows anything of Ben Dunne's Carlow plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

BattleCorp wrote: »

I'm doing a fitness boot camp type thing with fit2go based out of vitality and the place over the lotus is nearly empty at the moment and from Monday we have to go to new location out at hughie Doyle furniture.. 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

One of Ben Dunne's 24 hours places would be nice I just don't think the demand would be here in Carlow for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,603 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

One of Ben Dunne's 24 hours places would be nice I just don't think the demand would be here in Carlow for it.

Dunno now. Students prob would be interested in using it. They already train very early in the mornings at the IT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

tommycahir wrote: »
    Nah it's vitality fitness moving in there from current location over the lotus Chinese..
    They've moved most the old stuff from town out am hoping they get some newer stuff also..

That which would be this place then; thought it odd when I saw the shutters down on Vitality Fitness this evening > https://www.facebook.com/Silverbacks-Gym-1989306248024173/

Silverbacks Gym's an interesting name for it.

It's a larger unit than upstairs over Lotus & Apache too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    That which would be this place then; thought it odd when I saw the shutters down on Vitality Fitness this evening > https://www.facebook.com/Silverbacks-Gym-1989306248024173/

Silverbacks Gym's an interesting name for it.

It's a larger unit than upstairs over Lotus & Apache too.

I guess they're fully embracing the weight lifting theme so. I know it's 2 levels but it looks quite small inside.

Omniplex Carlow are doing a Secret Screening on February at 6-45pm €10 including popcorn and a drink.

My guess is it will be
    ...............Ladybird...................

• Advertisement

Has anyone any idea where I might get a decent walking stick in town?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Bog Man 1

Connollys hardware in Bagnelstown had Aluminium ones . They have a good stand with various mobility aids

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

I see boardwalk has closed down too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

patrickc wrote: »
    I see boardwalk has closed down too.

Where’s that?

road_high wrote: »
    Where’s that?

centaur street, looked over the river across from the park

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

patrickc wrote: »
    centaur street, looked over the river across from the park

Oh right, by those “new” apartments is it? Would never think of going down there

road_high wrote: »
    Oh right, by those “new” apartments is it? Would never think of going down there

it's there about 2 years, was grill and grape at one point

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

McCauleys. A fold up stick on the website under 14 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Kellys Pharmacy on Kennedy avenue have a good selection of sticks with a smaller selection in their shop in Graiguecullen.

Rogueish wrote: »

Kellys Pharmacy on Kennedy avenue beside McDonald's have a good selection of sticks, most of them height adjustable and some with comfort shaped grips for those with grip difficulties. Their other shop in Graiguecullen has a smaller selection.

• Advertisement

Speaking of Graiguecullen isn't there a mobility aids warehouse near Doyles of the Shamrock there too?

That might be of assistance, no pun intended.

Speaking of Graiguecullen isn't there a mobility aids warehouse near Doyles of the Shamrock there too?

That might be of assistance, no pun intended.

Its been shut down for over a year. It was in the same unit as the tile and bathroom showroom.

For those following the issue Carlow Co Co've **REFUSED PLANNING PERMISSION** to Waterways Ireland for their Barrow Blueway proposal.

For those following the issue Carlow Co Co've **REFUSED PLANNING PERMISSION** to Waterways Ireland for their Barrow Blueway proposal.

On what grounds? Have you a link to any info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Nokia6230i wrote:

I think it's a shame. Could have been a big boost to whole Barrow track

iano.p wrote: »
    I think it's a shame. Could have been a big boost to whole Barrow track

I'd tend to agree. From reading a few of the overly aggressive views of those in opposition I'd wonder when they last set foot on the barrow track. Seems they're terrified of outlaw cyclists :eek: I'd be more concerned at the dog ****e to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

iwillhtfu wrote:
    I'd tend to agree. From reading a few of the overly aggressive views of those in opposition I'd wonder when they last set foot on the barrow track. Seems they're terrified of outlaw cyclists I'd be more concerned at the dog ****e to be honest.

I walk it every week the way it is now is bad in parts. My little one has problems with walking any distance but really struggles on alot of the track now. But she walked almost 8k on the waterford greenway. I had many disagreement on Facebook over this most of them I feel haven't walked the track with someone that isn't fully able or of an older age.

On what grounds? Have you a link to any info?

Know nothing further currently; got a text from a Cllr. this evening about it is all.

All 3 Councils're to issue their decisions tomorrow so their reasoning will come out then.

I'd be a lot more worried about all the anti social behaviour on the track then cyclists.

• Advertisement

I see that Laois Co Co have approved the blueway. I don't see any info on Kildare's decision yet.

Advertisement